EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Plant Fiber or Real Hair?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Plant Fiber or Real Hair?
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness:

-

-
wood comb, reign of Akhenaten, Penn Museum

quote:
Originally posted by Just call Him Jar jar:

-

quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:

That is not actual hair but a WIG made from PLANT FIBERS. Almost all of the so-called straight-haired looks shown on Egyptian portraits are actually plant fibers. The whole custom of wearing wigs especially those made from plants while absent in east Africa, is common in many parts of West Africa which leads me to believe this is another central Saharan tradition.

I have actually seen pictures of West Africans wearing plant fiber wigs that give a straight haired looking appearance. :
It's a wig is based on the thick layer of strands that is common to plant fiber wigs. I wish I had the pictures of West Africans wearing such types of wigs to show you, but then again I don't care what your dumbass believes.

As we know some Egyptians shaved their heads particularly priests. However some Pharoahs such as Yuya did not. Looking at his mummy above, his hair was not that short either. If you were to stretch out one of the strands in the center of the scalp it might reach 5 inches.
keeping this in mind what would have likely been his his hair style at the time? I don't know.
Another notable thing about the Thuya mummy is that he appears to have a short beard over his his whole chin and lower cheek area. This also seems odd.

Above is an Amarna comb. Notice how fine the teeth are on the left side of the comb.

But of the painting of the Pharaoh above (I forgot who it is) Djehuti claims that becasue his hair strands are thick it's a wig.

I disagree. I think the hair strands are depicted as they are due to artistic style
and also Egyptian wigs had beads or other ornamentation built into them as far as I know.

Regardless, Djehuti says it's plant fiber.What do you think?

Lp

Posts: 42939 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ First of all, Yuya was NOT a pharaoh but a nobleman in the court of Amenhotep III.

Second, your dumbass is assuming that the hair of Yuya's mummy is the same as when he was alive with no alteration either through embalming or after millennia of no nutrients (being dead) with dry exposure.

Third, even if the mummy's hair represents what his hair may have looked like, it is NOT the same as that portrayed in the painting which was a WIG!

Fourth, the comb is irrelevant.

Fifth, not only are the hair strands thick but they are long and lank and note the sideburns have thinner multiple strands which probably show his real hair underneath.

Sixth, nobody cares what you disagree with or what you think. Apparently you think a lot of erroneous things.

Good day.

Posts: 26286 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
quote:

the hair strands thick but they are long and lank and note the sideburns have thinner multiple strands which probably show his real hair underneath.

and those strands underneath are also straight.
You played yourself

Posts: 42939 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ But are they long and lank? No. Are the strands of the same size as the rest of the hair? No. Does the direction of the sideburns growth match that of the rest of the alleged 'hair'? No.

-

Notice the Sudanese boy above with wavy hair. If his hair was cut short then even his sideburns would appear "straight" as well.

Do you come up with sh|tty ass-umptions? Yes.

You played with yourself again. Stop playing with yourself and actually do research on the subject. [Embarrassed]

Posts: 26286 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
 -

also who knows if that kid from Sudan above doesn't have significant non-African admixture.

(AEs-North African 4.14)

the Iioness,
Member # 19312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Iioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the kid above is a Beja...

-
 -

-

Posts: 558 | From: forum | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
 -

^^^^
KoKaKoLa, a wig or real hair?

the Iioness,
Member # 19312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Iioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i dont know... but certainly not plants fiber..
Posts: 558 | From: forum | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
 -
 -

-

__________________________________^^^^ is this a wig or is this not a wig ???

If it is a wig did the person still have straight hair underneath or did they have afro or curly hair underneath and for some reason were emulating straight hair with a wig?

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
 -

thinner strands shown here

JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JujuMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do you mean only one? [Mad]

[Big Grin]

Posts: 1819 | From: odesco baba | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
 -
 -
 -
where's the straight haired wig?

Kerma
 -

Yuya
 -

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Lyin-ass bitch is busted...I almost thought you were going to figure out the web I was spinning and the real bait I was setting

You have been exposed...

1) Pharoah Sahure is shown with the so called "Long Hair" does not have long hair in his Royal Busts...

2)The Lyin Ass claims Huni is a negro without knowing his genetic make up..(By his features)
yet Pharoah Sahure has the same features, yet she tries to make him similar to Obama(Again without any evidence) and further totatly flees from the fact that Sahure did not have long hair in his Royal Busts.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by cassiterides:
quote:
Originally posted by Clyde Winters:
Now why don't you list civilizations founded by western Europeans..

Caucasoid -

Sumerian
Babylonian
Indus Valley
Egyptian
Rome
Greece
etc

Negroid

nothing

-

Pharoah Huni (2637 - 2613 BC) was the last Pharaoh of Egypt of the Third dynasty. He was the successor to Khaba. He is credited with a 24-year reign in the Turin King List.

This contradicts what you are saying

quote:
Originally posted by -Just Call Me Jari-:
[qb] I knew you would take the bait,

King Sahure

-

-

-

quote:
[qb]

If straight hair is not an African trait what is your opinion of the below? :

-

-did this man have straight hair and was not primarily African?

-or did he have African hair and what we see here is a wig?

That was almost too Easy....Your Arms are too short to box with me..

His majesty made a great slaughter among them

Posts: 8805 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Jari, idiot:
 -

^^^ this is Shepseskaf not Sahure, you bozo

massive fail,
I demand an apology
 -
 -

lioness productions 2012

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You have been busted...

I knew you would take the bait, Pharoah Sahure is shown as not having long hair and with features similar to Huni who you called a negro.

quote:
quote:
quote:

Caucasoid -

Sumerian
Babylonian
Indus Valley
Egyptian
Rome
Greece
etc

Negroid

nothing

-

Pharoah Huni (2637 - 2613 BC) was the last Pharaoh of Egypt of the Third dynasty. He was the successor to Khaba. He is credited with a 24-year reign in the Turin King List.

quote:
 -

-  -

I baited you like a rat.

Your red herring wont save you...

Your Arms are too short to box with me...

Posts: 8805 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JujuMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a radar for Quality my friends, please don't spoil this thread as you have consistently done with previous ones, [Cool]
Posts: 1819 | From: odesco baba | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
[QB] You have been busted...

I knew you would take the bait, Pharoah Sahure is shown as not having long hair

1) show us where Pharoah Sahure is shown as not having long hair

2) the assumption being made is that someone had one hairstyle their whole life

3) man up to your mislabeling of Shepseskaf

thank you

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
1) Irrelevent to the point, Sahure does not have long hair in his royal busts or any busts made of him except where he is wearing that wig. 2) Sahure has the same features as Huni that you labeled Negro. You will have to explain why Sahure who has the same negro features as Huni can have long hair...

2) Are you saying Negriods have long hair?? Define Negroid

3)I already knew it was shepskaf, that bust is irrelevent as its not the bust I was using to prove my point.

4)You have been busted...

I knew you would take the bait, Pharoah Sahure is shown as not having long hair and with features similar to Huni who you called a negro.

quote:
quote:
quote:

Caucasoid -

Sumerian
Babylonian
Indus Valley
Egyptian
Rome
Greece
etc

Negroid

nothing

-

quote:
 -

-  -

I baited you like a rat.

Your red herring wont save you...

Your Arms are too short to box with me...

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
[ Sahure does not have long hair in his royal busts or any busts made of him except where he is wearing that wig.

-

this sculptire is your proof that Sahure did not have long hair?
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

Caucasoid -

Sumerian
Babylonian
Indus Valley
Egyptian
Rome
Greece
etc

Negroid

nothing

-

quote:
 -

-  -

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by the dumb lyinass:

-

I don't know what point you are trying to make with the picture above, but the picture obviously debunks you! As you can see, the hairs of the sideburns are as fine and thin as the rest of the hair. In the ancient portrait the WIG has fibers that are thicker and less strands than the real hair of the sideburns.

-

quote:
also who knows if that kid from Sudan above doesn't have significant non-African admixture.

(AEs-North African 4.14)

LOL Pathetic excuse. Exactly how is it possible for him to have significant non-African ancestry when he is heavily pigmented and has tropically adapted limbs like other Africans. As Kokakola pointed out he is Beja, and foreign ancestry among them is minimal. You've already been exposed to other black Africans farther south who have the same hair texture and they have NO non-African ancestry whatsoever!

Lyinass Bullsh|t 1 & 2 debunked.

quote:
 -

^^^^ is this a wig or is this not a wig ???

It's a wig and again for the same reason as the appearance of the strands.

quote:
If it is a wig did the person still have straight hair underneath or did they have afro or curly hair underneath and for some reason were emulating straight hair with a wig?
How the hell can we know? Like many Egyptians he kept his head shaven. The only way we can know about his natural hair texture is examination of his follicles. The wearing of plant wigs is a custom practiced by peoples in West Africa as well and their tradition has no basis in emulating straight hair so why would the Egyptians??
quote:
 -

thinner strands shown here

THIS would be an example of real hair! Notice that not only are the strands thinner indicative of actual hair fibers, but there are much more strands unlike the 2 dozen or so strands seen on wigs. Also, the strands or actual hairs themselves aren't perfectly aligned the same way in plant wigs giving a jet-straight appearance but rather the hair flows in imperfect waves. Lastly note that the side-burn connects and flows along with the rest of the head hair. By the way, the above picture is that of a Libyan prisoner since again most Egyptian men kept their hair short or shaved bald.
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
 -

(AEs-North African 4.14)

Always the same pathetic boring line.lol

And what kind of black woman, who doesn't know a thing about Afro hair, yet is going to look for such crap picture as the one above all over the net to prove a point, however still fails.lol

Is this truly your contribution to the field of anthropology? lol

You're a pathetic jealous loser white boy. Who posted an image of himself, or one of your cohorts, this is why that picture can't be traced to its source. lol

Posts: 22243 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Shasu Bedouin, from Ramesses II
 -  -
______^^^^ are these real hair or wigs? _______^^^^^ notice those thick strands

-

^^^^ is this a wig or is this not a wig ???

quote:

It's a wig and again for the same reason as the appearance of the strands.

Like many Egyptians he kept his head shaven.

Ramesess and Thuya did not have shaven heads. Some people who wear wigs have shaven heads. Others do not. You don't know.
You also talk about the "appearance of the strands" as if we are looking at photgraphs of people. These are artworks and artworks may not be that precisely accurate.

quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti

The wearing of plant wigs is a custom practiced by peoples in West Africa as well and their tradition has no basis in emulating straight hair so why would the Egyptians??

__________^^^^ let's see a picture of one

-

quote:

THIS would be an example of real hair! Notice that not only are the strands thinner indicative of actual hair fibers, but there are much more strands unlike the 2 dozen or so strands seen on wigs. Also, the strands or actual hairs themselves aren't perfectly aligned the same way in plant wigs giving a jet-straight appearance but rather the hair flows in imperfect waves. Lastly note that the side-burn connects and flows along with the rest of the head hair. By the way, the above picture is that of a Libyan prisoner since again most Egyptian men kept their hair short or shaved bald.

These are not photos of people.
Obviously the painting Egyptian (two pictures above) that you say is wearing a wig, has a very similar hair style to the Libyan directly above you say has real hair!
This is coincidence?
The Shasu Bedouins above had no tradition of wearing wigs. They are not wearing wigs yet the strands of their hair are as thick or thicker than the Eygptian you said was wearing a wig due to the scale of the strands. So much for the strand thickness theory.

Wigs of the Ancient Egyptians were made of human hair which was often supplemented by plant fibre or from the wool of sheep. These wigs were not just brunette or dark colored. Blond wigs were also produced. These wigs were extremely expensive and time consuming to make. One of the Ancient Egyptian wigs which has survived consists of:

120,000 individual hairs

The hairs were then a grouped into 300 strands

The hairs were coated with a mixture of beeswax and resin then looped through a netting and fixed into place with wax.

Fletcher:

The hair used in the construction of wigs and hair extensions was human, and was either an individual’s own hair or had been traded for, hair itself being a valuable commodity ranked alongside gold and incense in account lists from the town of Kahun. Once the required amounts of hair had been collected, it would be sorted into lengths and any tangles removed with fine-toothed combs which also removed any lice eggs, traces of which can still sometimes be found between their teeth. Using an impressive array of hairdressing tools, the wigmakers would then work the prepared lengths of hair into an assortment of braids, plaits or curls depending upon the style required, with each piece coated in a warmed beeswax and resin fixative mixture which would harden when cooled.

The individual locks or braids could then be attached directly to the natural hair in the form of extensions, or alternatively they could be used to create a whole wig by fastening the individual sections of hair onto a mesh-type foundation base manufactured on a head-shaped wooden mount. Although linen strings or leather strips were occasionally employed in its construction, the base was most often made from fine lengths of plaited or woven hair. The separate locks could then be attached by weaving them directly into wefts of hair which in turn formed part of the net base, or alternatively knotting them into position....

a wide variety of curls, ringlets and plaits were attached...

It is also quite apparent that women’s wigs were considerably less elaborate than those worn by men and consequently appear more natural....

One such wig was found inside a box bearing the seals of High Priest Menkheperre, and despite its huge double-part structure of curls and plaits, it was assumed to have belonged to his wife, Istemkheb. Yet the wig that was recently identified as hers is much smaller, a simply creation of curls and typical of the short, feminine styles of the time. A further seven huge examples of the male double style from the same cache again exhibit the two-part construction of curls and plaits of human hair, although small bundles ofdate palm fiber were used as an internal padding in order to create impressive dimensions while economizing on hair....

there is still the tendency to assume that bodies with short or shaven hair are male and those with long or intricately styled hair are female, when again this is simply not the case. Human hair was treated in a wide variety of ways for an equally wide variety of reasons, and so all aspects should be carefully considered.

lioness productions

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pitifully, the questions I had still remain answered.

I wonder, have these in this image "straight hair"? It doesn't look,"peppercorn" to me, rather the same hair texture we can still find in that region.

-

Posts: 22243 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
You can run but you can't hide

quote:
quote:
quote:

Caucasoid -

Sumerian
Babylonian
Indus Valley
Egyptian
Rome
Greece
etc

Negroid

nothing

-

quote:
 -

-  -

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
^^^ I see what you are trying to say here that I can't base looking at Huni's features and assume he's pure Negroid. Likewise with Barak. he has "Negoid" looking features and afro hair yet he is 50% European.
With Huni I was making a rhetorical point to give cassertides some pause on his ridiculous Nordic Egypt theory. Now you ruined and on a technicality you have forced by to retract.

Official Lioness Retraction:

We cannot assume that because Huni has Mick Jaggerish lips he is predominantly Negroid.

Thanks a lot Jari, you ruined my anti-cass propaganda by mixing up threads

No we can exclude Huni from this debate about Sahure's hair and proceed. You were right I shouldn't have made asumptions about Huni and ignore the diversity of the caucasoid people.

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
No Bitch, I can care less about what you say to Cass., what I am trying to point out is how you contradict yourself simply to win arguments. You constanly spam Europeans, Arabs and Indians without a second thought about their Genetic make up, yet you dumb ass will get all uppity when I or anyone else posts an African without Blubbery lips.

Im not the one talking about lips and hair you are you dumb ass f#ck, so get smartass with yourself. You want to sit up here an push the True Negro and at the same time call out Cass. when it comes to the True Negro and even debunk your own dumbass by using Barak as an example against a "True Negro" or a Caucasian etc.

You are so fickle, its almost comical.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
you're right

you ruined a good weapon against cass, I had to contradict myself to use it and I shouldn't have

thanks

Europeans, Arabs and Indians
-in fact their genetic makeup is also suspect

Jari I hope you've learned your lesson about multi random picture spamming. You have to admit you do it more than me and Explorer and Swenet are not as sloppy

The difference is when I post pictures of people I do it to raise questions, to show what we may not know.
When you post pictures it's for the opposite reason, to try to prove something.

lioness productions

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
I don't know how many times I need to say it, Im not Explorer or Swenet. Nor do I care what you think about me. Lets tell the truth your punk ass would not have said **** if I had been posting Blubbery lipped Africans..

Cassiteredes constanly posts this..

-

Show me one time....ONE TIME where you questioned this man's DNA makeup.

So please don't come here fronting like you are not biased or that you don't spam pictures of Europeans, Arabs and Indians without a second iota of a thought about their genetic makeup.

You only pull that **** when you realize Modern Black Egyptians match the portraits of the Ancients, With that you realize your Caucasian/Arab/Indian Egyptians end of looking identical to black Upper Egyptians you pull that "Are they really African" "Are They Mixed" bullshit.

As I said if your bitch ass wanted to debate with Genetic and bilogical studies I would still be winning, and as a matter of fact the beat down would be even worse. But thats all nothing, because even if Jesus, Joseph and Mary came down and told your ass the Egyptians were black you would still try to find a way to Eurasanize Egypt, so STFU.

The Funny part is even now you are trying to pin your Bullshit on me. I did not ruin anything, you are they one who contradicted yourself with your True Negro/Caucasian Hair B.S , so please spare me.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

You only pull that **** when you realize Modern Black Egyptians match the portraits of the Ancients, With that you realize your Caucasian/Arab/Indian Egyptians end of looking identical to black Upper Egyptians you pull that "Are they really African" "Are They Mixed" bullshit.

If by "black" you mean dark skin I agree many Egyptians had dark skin.
As we know the Middle East and Africa are places where some of the people have dark skin.

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

If by "black" you mean dark skin I agree many Egyptians had dark skin.
As we know the Middle East and Africa are places where some of the people have dark skin.

Yes, and we also know about the melanin dosage test and the tropical body stature etc...and that the people who live in the South of Egypt are the closest to the ancient Egyptians. Please, don't tell me you haven't been given evidence. lol

It is actually amazing we have to repeat this every day...over and over again.

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
^^^ I see what you are trying to say here that I can't base looking at Huni's features and assume he's pure Negroid. Likewise with Barak. he has "Negoid" looking features and afro hair yet he is 50% European.
With Huni I was making a rhetorical point to give cassertides some pause on his ridiculous Nordic Egypt theory. Now you ruined and on a technicality you have forced by to retract.

Official Lioness Retraction:

We cannot assume that because Huni has Mick Jaggerish lips he is predominantly Negroid.

Thanks a lot Jari, you ruined my anti-cass propaganda by mixing up threads

No we can exclude Huni from this debate about Sahure's hair and proceed. You were right I shouldn't have made asumptions about Huni and ignore the diversity of the caucasoid people.

Mathilda,

Can you explain what Mike Jäger has to do with ancient Egypt? lol

Do you know his ancestry? lol

Is he not cold adapted in body portions?lol

The whole thing is getting rediclious here.

"black woman" lol

lol @ your contributions to the world of academia and anthropology.

the Iioness,
Member # 19312

quote:
I don't know how many times I need to say it, Im not Explorer or Swenet. Nor do I care what you think about me. Lets tell the truth your punk ass would not have said **** if I had been posting Blubbery lipped Africans..

-

So please don't come here fronting like you are not biased or that you don't spam pictures of Europeans, Arabs and Indians without a second iota of a thought about their genetic makeup.

As I said if your bitch ass wanted to debate with Genetic and bilogical studies I would still be winning, and as a matter of fact the beat down would be even worse. But thats all nothing, because even if Jesus, Joseph and Mary came down and told your ass the Egyptians were black you would still try to find a way to Eurasanize Egypt, so STFU.

The Funny part is even now you are trying to pin your Bullshit on me. I did not ruin anything, you are they one who contradicted yourself with your True Negro/Caucasian Hair B.S , so please spare me.

This bitch tried to pass Bejas as Eurasian.
Give her a rope.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Troll Patrol:
Yes, and we also know about the melanin dosage test and the tropical body stature etc...and that the people who live in the South of Egypt are the closest to the ancient Egyptians. Please, don't tell me you haven't been given evidence. lol

It is actually amazing we have to repeat this every day...over and over again. [/QB]

I believe that some of the Egyptians througout the dyanasties early to late were pure African and others may have had significant amounts of non-African ancestry, perhaps Levantine.
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Troll Patrol:

It is actually amazing we have to repeat this every day...over and over again.

I believe that some of the Egyptians througout the dyanasties early to late were pure African and others may have had significant amounts of non-African ancestry, perhaps Levantine. [/QB]
But what you believe is not important that is the thing here.

None claimed that AE had no contact with their surroundings like in the Levant. However, there was no influx or "mass" input from abroad until later times. When the civilization declined.

The reason why the Southerners look most close to the AE is because they have been least effect. This goes back to Mesolithic and Neolithic times. Whereas those from the North did receive a significant amount of admixture over time.. The asiatics you claim came from Eurasia originally, like ancient Palestinians. They are in the Levant only recently. These people are likely still cold adapted, and certainly were during those days and have lots of body hair. They however still live in a Mediterranean terrain, so I don't think they have changed that much. And they don't show any relation to the AE. They did settle in the Northeastern Delta, with a small group. And yes, even the Mesolithic and Neolithic Levantine population came from the Sahara and Sahel.

Now, the resentment of Asiatics by AE was great. They really did not like them that much. And in their own claims they've stated that they came from the South of Egypt. Some place in Chad is where the origins lies, to where they returned to do ancient traditional rituals in the ways of their ancestry.

Your ways is merely wishful thinking, it's annoying and very disrespectful.

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:

-

The picture itself, there is nothing wrong with. But castrated's hate for that man is awesome. While this man could be the most kind helpful and warm person. The castrated one hates him because of his looks. His picture was posted on a Nigerian website, when I traced the source code of the picture. There was used the same kind of slurs and derogatory language. Nigerians explained that the man is not even Nigerian but Ghanian.

But the hate for him by this castrated devil, is the drama and hurting thing here.

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Hatred is not the problem so much as what such hatred is based on. Castrated is such in so many ways that he needs the false pride of white/cacasoid supremacy and black/negroid inferiority for him to get through each day of his pathetic life.

quote:
Originally posted by the lyinass:

Shasu Bedouin, from Ramesses II
 -  -

______^^^^ are these real hair or wigs? _______^^^^^ notice those thick strands

The Shasu is wearing a HEADDRESS, moron. The second Asiatic is obviously has his own hair which are NOT thick bands, blindass.

quote:
Ramesess and Thuya did not have shaven heads. Some people who wear wigs have shaven heads. Others do not. You don't know.
Of course I know! That's besides the point. Wigs in ancient Egypt were a sign of status so when royals were out in public they wore wigs whether their heads were shaved or not. You don't know.

quote:
You also talk about the "appearance of the strands" as if we are looking at photographs of people. These are artworks and artworks may not be that precisely accurate.
Twit. You already posted a portrait of a Libyan prisoner with his naturally wavy hair. I already explained to you how natural hair was depicted in Egyptian art vs. artificial plant fiber hair.

quote:
^^^^ let's see a picture of one
I don't have a picture to show (at the moment), but do I need a picture to prove my point which is an established FACT. West Africans wore wigs made from either natural hair OR plant fibers just like Egyptians.

-
 -

quote:
These are not photos of people.
Obviously the painting Egyptian (two pictures above) that you say is wearing a wig, has a very similar hair style to the Libyan directly above you say has real hair!
This is coincidence?

And again, either you're vision is too bad or you are too stupid to notice the difference.
quote:
The Shasu Bedouins above had no tradition of wearing wigs. They are not wearing wigs yet the strands of their hair are as thick or thicker than the Eygptian you said was wearing a wig due to the scale of the strands. So much for the strand thickness theory.
Again, you need to either get your eyes checked or your head checked. Perhaps both! The first Bedouin pic you posted is wearing a headdress similar to the one Pelesti wear unless you believe Bedouin are redheads also the strands are thick about 14 in all and note the way they are shaped. The second has his hair showing as based on the thin strands.

Here are more pictures of Shasu.

long haired Shasu
 -

short haired Shasu
 -

quote:
Wigs of the Ancient Egyptians were made of human hair which was often supplemented by plant fibre or from the wool of sheep. These wigs were not just brunette or dark colored. Blond wigs were also produced. These wigs were extremely expensive and time consuming to make. One of the Ancient Egyptian wigs which has survived consists of:

120,000 individual hairs

The hairs were then a grouped into 300 strands

The hairs were coated with a mixture of beeswax and resin then looped through a netting and fixed into place with wax.

Fletcher:

The hair used in the construction of wigs and hair extensions was human, and was either an individual’s own hair or had been traded for, hair itself being a valuable commodity ranked alongside gold and incense in account lists from the town of Kahun. Once the required amounts of hair had been collected, it would be sorted into lengths and any tangles removed with fine-toothed combs which also removed any lice eggs, traces of which can still sometimes be found between their teeth. Using an impressive array of hairdressing tools, the wigmakers would then work the prepared lengths of hair into an assortment of braids, plaits or curls depending upon the style required, with each piece coated in a warmed beeswax and resin fixative mixture which would harden when cooled.

The individual locks or braids could then be attached directly to the natural hair in the form of extensions, or alternatively they could be used to create a whole wig by fastening the individual sections of hair onto a mesh-type foundation base manufactured on a head-shaped wooden mount. Although linen strings or leather strips were occasionally employed in its construction, the base was most often made from fine lengths of plaited or woven hair. The separate locks could then be attached by weaving them directly into wefts of hair which in turn formed part of the net base, or alternatively knotting them into position....

a wide variety of curls, ringlets and plaits were attached...

It is also quite apparent that women’s wigs were considerably less elaborate than those worn by men and consequently appear more natural....

One such wig was found inside a box bearing the seals of High Priest Menkheperre, and despite its huge double-part structure of curls and plaits, it was assumed to have belonged to his wife, Istemkheb. Yet the wig that was recently identified as hers is much smaller, a simply creation of curls and typical of the short, feminine styles of the time. A further seven huge examples of the male double style from the same cache again exhibit the two-part construction of curls and plaits of human hair, although small bundles ofdate palm fiber were used as an internal padding in order to create impressive dimensions while economizing on hair....

there is still the tendency to assume that bodies with short or shaven hair are male and those with long or intricately styled hair are female, when again this is simply not the case. Human hair was treated in a wide variety of ways for an equally wide variety of reasons, and so all aspects should be carefully considered.

Yes I know all this already. Apparently YOU don't!

Lyinass bullsh|t productions eradicated!

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
 -

-

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member

--------------------
Mahirap gisingin ang nagtutulog-tulugan.

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's simple.

Plant Fiber Wigs

-

-

-

-

vs. real human hair

-

-

-

See the difference?

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
^^^^ stop continuing to bullshit.

"see the difference?" is no form of argument.

Either you can explain what the difference is or you need to stop bluffing

Furthermore the wigs that have been shown don't look like any of the above. You provide no sources discussing plant fiber wigs.
Furthermore two African head pieces that you said in the Kmtian
hair thread in Egyptology were not plant fiber so you don't know what the hell you are talking about
You don't know when to quit. Pride makes you a fool

-

-

Above the Nemes Headress a striped headcloth
As we can see from the part that hangs down it's not hair because the lines are going horizontally

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com