EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » The Image of the Black in Western Art - books

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Image of the Black in Western Art - books
Archeopteryx
Member # 23193

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Archeopteryx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone who has read these books? What do you think about them?

quote:
The Image of the Black in Western Art
In the 1960s, art patron Dominique de Menil founded an image archive showing the ways that people of African descent have been represented in Western art. Highlights from her collection appeared in three large-format volumes that quickly became collector’s items. A half-century later, Harvard University Press and the Du Bois Institute are proud to publish a complete set of ten sumptuous books, including new editions of the original volumes and two additional ones.

Harvard University Press

quote:
Harvard Professor Henry Louis Gates, Jr., describes The Image of the Black in Western Art, a project begun in the 1960s. Harvard University's W.E.B. Du Bois Institute for African and African American Research and Harvard University Press have collaborated to publish new editions of the ten-book series.
The Image of the Black in Western Art-YouTube

Home page

--------------------
Once an archaeologist, always an archaeologist

Posts: 2683 | From: Sweden | Registered: Mar 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Antalas
On vacation
Member # 23506

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Antalas         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of the volume is available on the internet archive site and overall it helped me a lot I recommend it
Posts: 1779 | From: Somewhere In the Rif Mountains | Registered: Nov 2021  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com