EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Kemet » Bigotry of low expectations

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bigotry of low expectations
Black Crystal
On permanent vacation
Member # 22903

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black Crystal         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Total insult and racist towards blacks, as if the black mind is so handicapped it needs special treatment. It's the voter ID debacle all over again. Voter ID being called racist because it's used to suppress the black vote implies black people are too poor/stupid/disconnected from society to be in possession of legal ID

-

--------------------
BC

Posts: 297 | From: Bronx | Registered: Apr 2018  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thereal
Member # 22452

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thereal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What was the topic of the exam? As from stuff I've seen the issues are on the speaking portion if they have a effective math, science and social studies teacher also the late Amos Wilson suggested that a Black and White student can learn the same thing but the effect aren't equal.
Posts: 1123 | From: New York | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Crystal
On permanent vacation
Member # 22903

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black Crystal         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Thereal:
What was the topic of the exam? As from stuff I've seen the issues are on the speaking portion if they have a effective math, science and social studies teacher also the late Amos Wilson suggested that a Black and White student can learn the same thing but the effect aren't equal.

Does it matter? Asians take the same exam and still outperform Whites. Who cares what the topic is on. If you prepare for it, the topic should not be an issue.

--------------------
BC

Posts: 297 | From: Bronx | Registered: Apr 2018  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thereal
Member # 22452

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thereal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Except Asian have a strong ethnic affiliation and haven't been in the Americas long so when acquiring these skills it benefits the Asia community though not entirely true for Southeast Asia, your India, Chinese, Japanese and Korean do well, as for Black folks it's the foreign born finding opportunity in the Americas that do the best because we are giving the idea of individualism coupled with business lost due to intergration we aquire skills that don't benefit the Black community but others also are plight is the same throughout the Americas let alone the continent of Africa.
Posts: 1123 | From: New York | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Crystal
On permanent vacation
Member # 22903

Rate Member
Don't we get tired of the excuses? Don't we get tired of having to be treated like special needs kids? seriously. And what do you mean Asians have strong ethnic affiliation? To whom? Whites?

quote:
Except Asian have a strong ethnic affiliation and haven't been in the Americas long so when acquiring these skills it benefits the Asia community though not entirely true for Southeast Asia, your India, Chinese, Japanese and Korean do well, as for Black folks it's the foreign born finding opportunity in the Americas that do the best because we are giving the idea of individualism coupled with business lost due to intergration we aquire skills that don't benefit the Black community but others also are plight is the same throughout the Americas let alone the continent of Africa.

--------------------
BC

Thereal
Member # 22452

Rate Member
To each other and the problems we have has to do with inability to maintain clear goal and sticking to it indefinitely because there are two circumstances that doesn't make sense, Brazil and South Africa were both regions have a large Black population but they aren't in control as they should be so the issue isn't why that is but how did that come about.
Black Crystal
On permanent vacation
Member # 22903

Rate Member
quote:
To each other and the problems we have has to do with inability to maintain clear goal and sticking to it indefinitely because there are two circumstances that doesn't make sense, Brazil and South Africa were both regions have a large Black population but they aren't in control as they should be so the issue isn't why that is but how did that come about.

Since when Chinese and East Indians have ethnic affiliation?

--------------------
BC

Thereal
Member # 22452

Rate Member
Stop being dense,you have china towns though I'm not sure about the south Asians but they're big in the hotels.
Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ase     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Black Crystal:
Don't we get tired of the excuses?

"We..?"

-

quote:
Total insult and racist towards blacks, as if the black mind is so handicapped it needs special treatment. It's the voter ID debacle all over again. Voter ID being called racist because it's used to suppress the black vote implies black people are too poor/stupid/disconnected from society to be in possession of legal ID

-

So your saying everyone learns the same way, which means it makes sense to measure understanding the same way. And to imply otherwise means to assume those that don't are cognitively impaired. I mean, because if everyone didn't or shouldn't be expected to learn the same way, many Asian cultures wouldn't be able to thrive. All the world's cultures in areas of education are equal in their distance from the ideas and values and structure of European education to compare with one another like you are with American blacks and "Asians." And I mean, you completely understand the idea of whether cultures are equally different to one another or not, since you are oh so black.

-

Posts: 2508 | From: . | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Crystal
On permanent vacation
Member # 22903

Rate Member
I won't bother dignifying your post with an intelligent response. You play too much.

quote:
Originally posted by Oshun:
quote:
Don't we get tired of the excuses?

"We..?"

-

quote:

-

So your saying everyone learns the same way, which means it makes sense to measure understanding the same way. And to imply otherwise means to assume those that don't are cognitively impaired. I mean, because if everyone didn't or shouldn't be expected to learn the same way, many Asian cultures wouldn't be able to thrive. All the world's cultures in areas of education are equal in their distance from the ideas and values and structure of European education to compare with one another like you are with American blacks and "Asians." And I mean, you completely understand the idea of whether cultures are equally different to one another or not, since you are oh so black.

-

--------------------
BC

Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ase     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Correction: You can't respond to it and are trying to back out like you got a high road to walk on. There wasn't anything intelligent you said about black people this whole thread. Wasn't holding my breath for a meaningful response.

-

Posts: 2508 | From: . | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmaestro
Member # 22566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elmaestro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I understand what you're implying... but this is a mighty leap.
Posts: 1781 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Crystal
On permanent vacation
Member # 22903

Rate Member
quote:
Correction: You can't respond to it and are trying to back out like you got a high road to walk on. There wasn't anything intelligent you said about black people this whole thread. Wasn't holding my breath for a meaningful response.

-

no, dude, I just don't entertain your silly posts. Notice I respond to others.

--------------------
BC

Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
You respond to posts you think you can an assemble an answer to without making a fool of yourself. Sure my the delivery of my sarcasm added an element of humor to it at your expense but the point was serious. You can't answer what I am saying. Your whole point to compare Africans and Asians rests on a belief that insists that on issues of education Asians and African Americans are equally as distant in their beliefs, culture, values and so on from Europeans in America.
Black Crystal
On permanent vacation
Member # 22903

Rate Member
you got some serious character flaws.

quote:
You respond to posts you think you can an assemble an answer to without making a fool of yourself. Sure my the delivery of my sarcasm added an element of humor to it at your expense but the point was serious. You can't answer what I am saying. Your whole point to compare Africans and Asians rests on a belief that insists that on issues of education Asians and African Americans are equally as distant in their beliefs, culture, values and so on from Europeans in America.

--------------------
BC

Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
 -

Try Again.

sudanese
Member # 15779

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sudanese     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Asians have their own schools (after school) where they gain an advantage and cement it. African-Americans don't have such a structure, and this is precisely what needs to be established.

Change the psychology, change the culture, change the institutions and the results will change as well. I don't see the need to test people differently.

Posts: 1568 | From: Pluto | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thereal
Member # 22452

Rate Member
I don't think so,if Black folks owned a school and design courses to deal with the communities immediate needs then there's no need for additional schooling on top of what they're learning.
Black Crystal
On permanent vacation
Member # 22903

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by sudaniya:
Asians have their own schools (after school) where they gain an advantage and cement it. African-Americans don't have such a structure, and this is precisely what needs to be established.

Change the psychology, change the culture, change the institutions and the results will change as well. I don't see the need to test people differently.

This is somewhat untrue. Asians do not have a private school system like Catholics or Jews. They send their kids to the same public schools AA kids attend. I worked in afterschool as a teacher and both groups get the same base instructions mandated by the department of education.

The only difference between the two groups is Asians place more emphasis on the importance of education. AA do not. Culture is definitely a problem, I can agree with that. AA have an entitlement culture. We are still waiting on reparation as our meal ticket out the ghetto; we look to government, not education, to bail us out.

--------------------
BC

Black Crystal
On permanent vacation
Member # 22903

Rate Member
quote:
I don't think so,if Black folks owned a school and design courses to deal with the communities immediate needs then there's no need for additional schooling on top of what they're learning.

What is wrong with the public school system blacks attend?

--------------------
BC

Thereal
Member # 22452

Rate Member
Outside of learning your ABC's and 123's a lot of things, history being distorted, despite some Black folks receiving the highest level of education the problems we have still persist also there aren't Black alternative of corporations to cater to Black folks needs, some due exist but lack the size to be effective and the business that did exist were bought out by white folks.

History can show how far a people have come if they recorded properly and I'm not sure if it was under Obama or Trump but in the south they were using tactics to stop folks from casting affecting poor Black people.

Black Crystal
On permanent vacation
Member # 22903

Rate Member
quote:
Outside of learning your ABC's and 123's a lot of things, history being distorted, despite some Black folks receiving the highest level of education the problems we have still persist also there aren't Black alternative of corporations to cater to Black folks needs, some due exist but lack the size to be effective and the business that did exist were bought out by white folks.

Lmao! History does not build or advance society. Personally I wish they do away with it or make an elective history. That shit is a crutch for failure. Do they teach Asian or Latino history in the US?

--------------------
BC

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com