EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Cost of living in Cairo ...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cost of living in Cairo ...
d_malekmahmood
Member # 1496

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for d_malekmahmood     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there,
Would anyone please tell me, How much should I earn to live in Cairo at a medium level for a young couple?
I mean food, rent, Electricity, Water, Power and Tel bills, Transportation and any other cost you know.

Cheers
Davood

Posts: 2 | From: Tehran, Iran | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are going to need to be much more specific about what kind of lifestyle you hope to maintain. "medium level" means little unless we know more about you and what you are comparing medium to.

Are you working for a company that will rent a flat for you? What neighborhood do you want to live in? Do you expect to buy a car and drive it here? Will you be bringing a car with you? Will you be here on resident status or tourist status? How much traveling do you hope to do while here?

All of these questions and more must be considered to give you an answer.

Otherwise there are currently two other threads that talk about this subject going right now. Dayo has given a formula for figuring out the answer that may work in one of them.

Good luck with your move.

[This message has been edited by Debbie (edited 09 November 2002).]

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
d_malekmahmood
Member # 1496

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for d_malekmahmood     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Debie,
Thank you for your attention,
Well let me drill it more down...
I have been offered a job in Cairo.
Assume that I've no advantages such as Car, Home or anything... I should go for all of them by myself.
What I mean from medium level, means a compelete food, use of public transportations(Would you please let me know how much does it cost to have a car, for example a VW Golf, 1995) and a 1 bedroom flat in a medium part of the city. I hope it's enough to help me.
Thanks again
Davood

Posts: 2 | From: Tehran, Iran | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
germansara
Member # 5920

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for germansara     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Salamalekum, you two,

a young couple will have also children, inschaallah. And they are the most expensive in egypt. They often get sick, doctor you can find for 5 Pounds in many hosptals, but they use to write a long list of medication; 3, 4 differend things are common, you pay easily 40,-. Thats why I don't go to the doc. Schools cost much money, even the arabic one, the teachers make you down, until you accept their offer to pay for privatlessons.
The prices of Basicfood is very expensive. A litre milk costs 4 Pounds (don't use fresh, it's mixed with formaldehyd..), Rice and sugar 2,5o, Butter 20,-, Litre oil 4 Pounds, carton eggs 10,-, Meat 28,-. In my country (germany) it's cheaper...
A flat in a safe place costs at least 800, electricity monthly about 100,-, telephone every three month (inside egypt) about 80,-.
Hope, I helped a little

I think you should earn at least 2000,-Pounds.
Salam
Sara

Posts: 909 | From: Germany/Egypt | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sara, read the date before replying - some idiot must have done a search on debbie's replies and these are the first hits that came back - from 2002!

90% of those member are no longer active on the site.

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
germansara
Member # 5920

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for germansara     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...thanks, E.
and again I learned something new.

Salam
Sara

Posts: 909 | From: Germany/Egypt | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com