EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » What do women in Egypt do at home?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What do women in Egypt do at home?
joylike
Member # 3363

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for joylike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am interested in what the women or wife is duty in Egypt.What's difference between muslim and westeren woman?Women in Egypt have to obey and believe husband 100%?How did they get money for living?

thanks

Posts: 34 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jaguar
Member # 3378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jaguar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Joilike, you must be bored stiff.
Posts: 477 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Joylike, you shouldn't ask the question like that. See what kind of answer you're getting? It took me some time but I am aware of what to say and what not to say now ......

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
malak
Member # 3654

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for malak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, Egyptian women live like every other Internationalk women, except they know better... They are not stupid as to let a man live off them and be the supporting one!! Also you will find that a woman rules the home, even though the husband won't admit it!
Posts: 288 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by malak:
Actually, Egyptian women live like every other Internationalk women, except they know better... They are not stupid as to let a man live off them and be the supporting one!! Also you will find that a woman rules the home, even though the husband won't admit it!

Kimo - I hope you are reading this, cuz this statement exactly proves my point from your post. What malak says here could be a valid viewpoint, but I bet there are contradictions to this around my neighborhood even. He says, "women aren't stupid enough to let a man live off them...", but I'd bet there are some situations here where just that is happening. So, the point is, Egypt is full of varieties and no one is the same.

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoBBoSS
Member # 3456

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for BoBBoSS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i agree with u debbie,it is so far true, but if u just follow these varaities, u will find them all coming from the same origin which i like to call it the pure egyptian personality , and i guess it will be the majority that u ll see, also if u execluded the effects of other socities then u will see it out clear.

------------------
BoBBoSS

Posts: 249 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jutta
Member # 3620

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jutta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Joylike, after 4 weeks in Egypt, I have made the exprerience, that woman in Egypt are so different as they are here in Germany for example. You have wifes in the Nile-villages who are going to the field in the morning, coming home tired in the evening and nevertheless care for anything else like meals, children education, housework, the animals etc. etc. while "Mr.Egypt" sit down (because he is so tired) and must have a rest. I found woman in Assuan who have a highly position in the government, going there for work in the morning, coming home tired in the evening and nevertheless care for "anything else like meals, children education, housework, the animals etc. etc. while "Mr.Egypt" sit down (because he is so tired) and must have a rest." I have seen woman in small fruit shops in Hurghada who stay in the shop from 6pm to 6am in the morning after they made "anything else like meals, children education, housework, the animals etc. etc. while "Mr.Egypt" sit down (because he is so tired) and must have a rest."
This is not a joke. I have seen and met so many different women, but one thing they had all in common: I never met one who told me, that her husband gives her a helping hand for the housework, for the childrens education or for the kitchen.
But in fact: I was married here in Germany and I DO NOT SEE ANY DIFFERENCES HERE !!!!

Posts: 53 | From: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes I think that is one genralisation I could let go. Egyptian men, in fact Arab men do not help in the home. But the women wouldn't have it any other way.

A man that helped in the home would be looked down on as not a real man and no woman wants to married to a wimp.

This attitude will change slowly. Do you remember in the UK it was like that and the 'Real men don't eat quiche' jokes.

I will let you into a secret my husband has cooked for me on countless occassionas and doesn't have a problem with that but he has never done that for his Egyptian wife and she would be horrified and shocked if he did.

------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
jutta, that was so funny!

But please let me tell you that in the larger cities like Cairo and Alexandria, Mr Egypt still rests, but in many households there is a housekeeper, she also rests sometimes while the wife takes care of everything else ...but ...please know that there is a small percentage of Egyptian women that are very spoiled by Mr Egypt

Also, some Egyptian men ( very small percentage) actually enjoy cooking, and do that very well...by the way...

Cheers!
Monica

quote:
Originally posted by Jutta:
Dear Joylike, after 4 weeks in Egypt, I have made the exprerience, that woman in Egypt are so different as they are here in Germany for example. You have wifes in the Nile-villages who are going to the field in the morning, coming home tired in the evening and nevertheless care for anything else like meals, children education, housework, the animals etc. etc. while "Mr.Egypt" sit down (because he is so tired) and must have a rest. I found woman in Assuan who have a highly position in the government, going there for work in the morning, coming home tired in the evening and nevertheless care for "anything else like meals, children education, housework, the animals etc. etc. while "Mr.Egypt" sit down (because he is so tired) and must have a rest." I have seen woman in small fruit shops in Hurghada who stay in the shop from 6pm to 6am in the morning after they made "anything else like meals, children education, housework, the animals etc. etc. while "Mr.Egypt" sit down (because he is so tired) and must have a rest."
This is not a joke. I have seen and met so many different women, but one thing they had all in common: I never met one who told me, that her husband gives her a helping hand for the housework, for the childrens education or for the kitchen.
But in fact: I was married here in Germany and I DO NOT SEE ANY DIFFERENCES HERE !!!!

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 09 April 2004).]

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for katrina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[This message has been edited by katrina (edited 10 April 2004).]

Posts: 995 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for katrina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Monica, I am glad you are back to our time zone.. Sorry j.....
Posts: 995 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Soon I'm going to be in no zone...as I can't open my eyes but yet can't close them either...go figure...

Jutta was your trip in Egypt a success???

quote:
Originally posted by katrina:
Monica, I am glad you are back to our time zone.. Sorry j.....

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for katrina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[This message has been edited by katrina (edited 28 May 2004).]

kadijah2000
Member # 4971

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kadijah2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by malak:

Posts: 81 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com