EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » marriage agreement

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: marriage agreement
joylike
Member # 3363

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for joylike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to know if I marry an Egyptin in Egypt Embassy in my country.When we marry,the offical marriage agreement or contrat registered in both of two country is legal with law restriction in future?I mean how to make it with lawful effect?
THANKS

Posts: 34 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It depends on your country and the religion of your future husband. Check with the Egyptian Embassy in your country and they will tell you what additional steps you will need to take, if any, to make sure your marriage is also recognized in Egypt.
Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mooly El Din
Member # 1987

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mooly El Din     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You usually marry in “civil breau” of your country and then certify this marriage in the Egyptian Embassy
Posts: 289 | From: Europe | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
roddy
Member # 3805

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for roddy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi my friend....there are in fact 2marriage contracts available in egypt.one which is a real contract which is reconised world wide and another which is commonly known as a ...shagging contract,,this allows an egyptian man to cohabit with a european in egypt....rod
Posts: 120 | From: clevedon..uk | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joylike
Member # 3363

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for joylike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I know if I marry in Egypt,the legal is regsiter in the ministry of Justice.The problem is if I marry in the Egypt Embassy under Egpyt law in my country,is it legal?Is it recognized by both of country?Especiall about the contrat of marriage,it can be legally in both of country?

Posts: 34 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by joylike:

I know if I marry in Egypt,the legal is regsiter in the ministry of Justice.The problem is if I marry in the Egypt Embassy under Egpyt law in my country,is it legal?Is it recognized by both of country?Especiall about the contrat of marriage,it can be legally in both of country?

If you check your embassy website they will tell you. Certainly the British and US embassy websites do

------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com