EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Hurghada Accommodation Help Please........

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hurghada Accommodation Help Please........
sotiria
Member # 4044

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for sotiria     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am coming with my husband to Hurghada April 1st for 3 nights and we are looking at property to buy there. We don't need to stay in a 5 star hotel, but I can not seem to find any reasonable priced say 3 star hotel that doesn't cost hundreds of dollars. Does anyone have suggestions for cheaper accommodation there? Many thanks.
Posts: 24 | From: Greece | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semsema
Member # 5415

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semsema     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sotiria,

I will make a few enquiries and get back to you. Only 1 double room? What sort of board do you want? i.e. b/b, half board or full?

Let me know.

Posts: 660 | From: Unfinished City | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sotiria
Member # 4044

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sotiria     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Semsema,
Thank you for your reply. We are looking for a double room b/b for the dates April 1,2,3. We really appreciate your kindness and thank you again.
Sotiria

Posts: 24 | From: Greece | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semsema
Member # 5415

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semsema     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Sotiria,

A couple to be getting on with: Sand Beach. Tel: 065 (code for Hurghada) 3547822. Fax: (065) 3547822. By the sea.

White Albatros, in Sekalla area: Tel: 065 3442519
Fax: 065 3442519.

Let me know how you get on. If these aren't suitable I will try and dig out some more.

Posts: 660 | From: Unfinished City | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semsema
Member # 5415

Member Rated:
Just another thought, when you log on to Egyptsearch, go to the Regional, click on Hurghada, within that you will find a section on Accommodation. You will find hotels listed there and you will also get costings.

Good luck. Anything else just let me know.

sotiria
Member # 4044

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sotiria     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks a lot Semsema, we have managed to find a place. We have a question about living in Hurghada, could you tell us about your personal experience living there (good and bad points!)
Sotiria and Mohamed

berti2it
Member # 7028

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for berti2it     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ciao, i don't know if i will be helpfull, but read my message ok?

hi to everybody, my name is Bertrand and i'm italian. I went in hurghada with my girl and my little soon (three mounths) and we buied an apartament there. It's anice apartament in the new touristic area (i think is called new hurghada) is a bilocal, 4 bed air condition swimming pool and it have the basic furniture to live on it (kitchen, fridge, air condition, sofa with double bed, double bad, wordroobe, two bedside tables,sideboard, table four chair,) and there is a caretaker all year. I will rent it for week, mounth or even a year. conctact me if you are interested we will talk about the price, but it won't be high!!!
my mail is bertrandviti@libero.it
tanks for your attention
bertrand

quote:
Originally posted by sotiria:
I am coming with my husband to Hurghada April 1st for 3 nights and we are looking at property to buy there. We don't need to stay in a 5 star hotel, but I can not seem to find any reasonable priced say 3 star hotel that doesn't cost hundreds of dollars. Does anyone have suggestions for cheaper accommodation there? Many thanks.

Posts: 34 | From: savona italy | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semsema
Member # 5415

Member Rated:
Sotiria,

You asked the good and bad points of living here. Well I can honestly say that the good far outweighs the bad.

I will start with the bad: Everyone assuming because I am European, I am rich. Asking the price of something only to get an absolutely ridiculous answer, and then when I say I am not a tourist, that I live here, then being asked: 'Okay, how much you pay'? It is at that point that I always walk away. If I cannot get an honest answer the first time, they don't get my business.

Time - it means absolutely nothing! For example, our 15 year old lounge suite was looking rather worse for wear so I decided to buy material and get it recovered. 4 days at the most I was told. Now 2 days overdue may not sound bad to some people, but I have had 5 operations on my spine and to have to go home after a 10 hour working day to sit on plastic balcony chairs was the absolute pits.

Total lack of privacy - Privacy does not seem to be a word they understand. If you buy something expect to be asked, where did you buy it? How much did it cost? This goes from the sublime to the ridiculous i.e. from a pair of shoes (inevitably they then tell you they could have got them cheaper) to basic foodstuffs like meat, to furniture.

Good Points - ask ANYONE for help and you will get it. I think there are very few things that Egyptians like more (well okay maybe their shisha) than helping people. Here in Hurghada we have been met with so much kindness it is unbelievable and their sense of family is second to none.

Hope I have painted a good picture of Hurghada, just one more thing, the hassle is far less here than in some other places, probably because it is a year round tourist destination.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com