EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » EGYPT'S FIRST LADIES

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EGYPT'S FIRST LADIES
Troubles101
Member # 4543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troubles101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I knew Jehan el sadat is half English, butis my first time to learn that Egypt's first lady Suzanne Mubarak is half welsh and half Egyptian and Nasser'a wife Tahia was half Iranian :
http://www.egy.com/historica/egyptianconsorts.shtml

Posts: 1732 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well the princess of jordan (well i think she is a princess) she is palestinian.
Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nora
Member # 807

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nora     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't know she was welsh either. Does she have a Welsh accent?
Posts: 537 | From: Cairo | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well i knew about suzan and jehan, but this is the first time i hear that tahia is half iranian. interesting

best

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubles101
Member # 4543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troubles101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Serendipity:
well the princess of jordan (well i think she is a princess) she is palestinian.

Perhaps you meant King Abdullah's wife, Queen Rania? She has palestinian parents

Father of Abdullah, Hussein also had palestinian wife named Allia.

Posts: 1732 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubles101
Member # 4543

quote:
Originally posted by Nora:
I didn't know she was welsh either. Does she have a Welsh accent?

Half Welsh from a welsh mother and Egyptian father and she was born in Egypt, so I assume her english wouldn't have welsh accent, perhaps American as she got her degrees from American University

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Troubles101:
Half Welsh from a welsh mother and Egyptian father and she was born in Egypt, so I assume her english wouldn't have welsh accent, perhaps American as she got her degrees from American University

You don't get an American accent from the American University....

But she might have a slightly more polished Arabic accent to her English. But having a Welsh mother wouldn't you think she would have more of a British accent?

I mean she must've spent some time in UK?

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who knows if the mother went frequently back with her daughter to her homecountry or if they even lived there for couple of years.

I would assume that Mrs. Mubarak grew up mostly in Egypt, she speaks well English but doesn't have a certain accent, she might had one earlier in life but lost it due to not much practise.

Hey let's call her up and ask her!

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubles101
Member # 4543

quote:
Originally posted by sonomod:
You don't get an American accent from the American University....

But she might have a slightly more polished Arabic accent to her English. But having a Welsh mother wouldn't you think she would have more of a British accent?

I mean she must've spent some time in UK?

I think Egyptians mimick the American style of english naturally unless she spent much time in UK which I have no knowedge about, I know she was born in upper Egypt, so you could be right.

What got me interested is the conincidence of most Egyptian governers being married not to fully Egyptian women, could it be like gaining the best of the two worlds?

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com