EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » which visa?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: which visa?
wardar
Member # 8221

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for wardar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A friend of mine is planning on living in Egypt, she has been many times before, and just got a visitors visa from the airport.

As she is planning on staying there longer than one month, how does she renew her visa?
Any help ASAP would be greatly appreciated

Posts: 60 | From: England | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just go along to the local passport office with a passport photo, photocopy of the details page and entry visa page and 46LE and she can renew for one year.

In Luxor the passport office is opposite the Meridien and the that hotel will do the photocopies for you. Generally it only takes an hour or so.

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eaasalam
Member # 8648

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for eaasalam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by akshar:
Just go along to the local passport office with a passport photo, photocopy of the details page and entry visa page and 46LE and she can renew for one year.

In Luxor the passport office is opposite the Meridien and the that hotel will do the photocopies for you. Generally it only takes an hour or so.

Yes, In Cairo the passport office is in "Tahjir square" "Tahair square" very close to the Egyptian Museum

Posts: 98 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She can obtain a tourist residence visa at the Mugamma on Tahrir square. All she needs is a passport picture and 38 LE. This visa is usually granted for one year although I've heard of people who only got it for half a year. It can be extended repeatedly.

If she wants to travel it's advisable to get a re-entry visa as well, it costs less than 20 LE, is valid for half a year and allows her to travel in and out without paying each time.

[This message has been edited by Dalia (edited 16 August 2005).]

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
p666ats
Member # 8566

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for p666ats     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Guys, I hope you dont mind me jumping in but can you do the same thing in Hurghada with the visa. Or do you have to go to Cairo?
Posts: 104 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eaasalam
Member # 8648

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted      Profile for eaasalam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry I have no clue. I did mine in Cairo.
Posts: 98 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wardar
Member # 8221

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for wardar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanxs for the quick replies, very much appreciated.

p666ats, as far as i am aware you can do this in Hurghada too, passport office is downtown in Dahar. I thought it could only be done in Cairo, but obviuolsy it can be done all over Egypt

Posts: 60 | From: England | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YEP... PATSY AND WARDAR... You can just toddle along to the passport office in Hurghada with a couple of photos and your passport.. first you can only extend your visa for 3 months initially..then, after this one expires and if the nice lady is in a good mood, she will give you a one-year multi-entry visa. SIMPLE!!
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
p666ats
Member # 8566

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for p666ats     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey guys thanks very much for all your help. I cant wait to get back to Hurghada, just found out that the guys who own Papas bar is from my home town. What a small world we live in. Once again guys a big thanks.
Patsy

Posts: 104 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com