EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » army

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: army
paddygirl
Member # 8742

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for paddygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
can anyone help. My fiance is being held for not doing his army. He is 28 and just did not go when his time came. The lawyer says that he can buy him out for 6000le. The army seems they do not want him cause he has bad leg but want him to go to court for not doing his service. His lawyer says he could get 5 years in military prison. I am not sure what is really happening and don't trust this lawyer. I don't understand why my fiance has not been sent straight to mubrook and as to why my husband was held in the local police station for 2 weeks. I am not in Luxor at the moment and cannot get there. A friend of mine who was in luxor last week went to the police but they would not give her any information. Does anyone know what the story is with people who do not do their army.
Posts: 2 | From: Ireland | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just don't believe a word of it, they would have caught up with him long before now.
It's just another scam for money. Ignore it and by magic the police will release him without any charge.

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please don't fall into this trap. I'm Egyptian and I'm telling you he's lying through his teeth. If anyone gets in trouble with the military, no money can buy him free. Just tell him I wish you well & I wish I had the money but I don't, and I assure you he will show his real face. The face you really need to see before you go any deeper.

Good luck.

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We do talk here about the Egyptian Army so if you have the right connections and/or the money it should be possible.

Also we don't know how severe the medical issue is about your fiance's leg but wouldn't this be a reason that he doesn't have to accomplish his military duty?

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
river_0f_l0ve
Member # 8638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for river_0f_l0ve     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
listen at the first time i was going to join the Army, i passed by many stages, one of them was the medical one, which be sure u r okay or not, but it is not so good as u could think, u may have some pain, and they do ignore abt, and i know many sicknes ppl and they joined military and after they joined, they went to the military court to be against being join the military...

beside in this day, someone went a day after his appointment in military, they joined him the sevice in the military...i will tell u something it does not has a fixed rule

im not sure about the money issue, but i know and sure about something. if the military choiced u to be an Officer in the military which means u will spend a 3 yrs in the military the money, could let u be 3skri which mean u spend just one year, instead of 3

Posts: 696 | From: egypt | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
paddygirl
Member # 8742

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for paddygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
when he left school he ran away to cairo because he did not want to do army. The problem with his leg only happened last year;when we where horse riding and he fell off the horse. He has been in hiding basiclly since he came back to luxor 4 years ago. He has a job in a small hotel paying bachish to the manager as he does not have his army paper. He stays in the centre and avoids road blocks. He regrets now not doing his army but has hoped he could get by until he was 30, when he said he could pay less. A few weeks ago he got caught on a bus with paper they took his id card and told him to report to station with army paper. (this is what is uncle told me and his lawyer.) Do lawyers lie like this?? It is a lot of money for me and so far i have said that i have not the money to help, but inshalallah he would be looked after.
Posts: 2 | From: Ireland | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by paddygirl:
Do lawyers lie like this?? It is a lot of money for me and so far i have said that i have not the money to help, but inshalallah he would be looked after.

Yes Lawyers lie.
It is not your problem and even if any of it were true, (which is highly unlikley) then it is for his family will to take responsibility for the problem. He, the Uncle and the lawyer should NOT be putting you in this position.

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 8301

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Penny:
Yes Lawyers lie.
It is not your problem and even if any of it were true, (which is highly unlikley) then it is for his family will to take responsibility for the problem. He, the Uncle and the lawyer should NOT be putting you in this position.

------
dont give him any money its a scam

Posts: 72 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by paddygirl:
when he left school he ran away to cairo because he did not want to do army. The problem with his leg only happened last year;when we where horse riding and he fell off the horse. He has been in hiding basiclly since he came back to luxor 4 years ago. He has a job in a small hotel paying bachish to the manager as he does not have his army paper. He stays in the centre and avoids road blocks. He regrets now not doing his army but has hoped he could get by until he was 30, when he said he could pay less. A few weeks ago he got caught on a bus with paper they took his id card and told him to report to station with army paper. (this is what is uncle told me and his lawyer.) Do lawyers lie like this?? It is a lot of money for me and so far i have said that i have not the money to help, but inshalallah he would be looked after.

So his plan B is to suck your money & get you to save him out of this hell called Egypt just like all the other parasites like him..

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you love him, pay!

he he he he he he, opps nearly wet myself....

No seriously, there are several possible scenerios that could point out that he's of bad character or circumstance.

This is definately one of them.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
everyday_angel
Member # 8414

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for everyday_angel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my fieancee says he received a letter saying his admittance is delayed 3 years and that normally after this time he is not required to enter the army...does this sound right?
Posts: 275 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Show Time
Member # 8513

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Show Time     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by everyday_angel:
my fieancee says he received a letter saying his admittance is delayed 3 years and that normally after this time he is not required to enter the army...does this sound right?

well it sounds right, he will get delay till he is 30, then exemption.

for you Paddygirl, I guess your friend is in big trouble, being caught before the age of 30, is serious thing, which i think that even money will do no good,unless he provides some valid health documents that show how he was unable to go to enroll in the army.
you have to check how valid his claim is.

Posts: 627 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
definitely a very common scam here!! heard it many times.. comes before the one where he tells you he wants to buy a business to support you when you're married.. so you can live like a queen!!
sorry.... forget it!!!

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Samia:
definitely a very common scam here!! heard it many times.. comes before the one where he tells you he wants to buy a business to support you when you're married.. so you can live like a queen!!
sorry.... forget it!!!

My God do they take this in school?!!!

1mangang
Member # 6403

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1mangang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL
Egyptian Scam, Art of 101

LOL

Posts: 751 | From: US OF A | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
I'm a Barbie girl, in an army wooooorld.

To be sarcastic.. Is fantastic

[This message has been edited by MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari (edited 24 August 2005).]

warda_rosie
Member # 2509

Icon 1 posted      Profile for warda_rosie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari:
My God do they take this in school?!!!

they learn it so well that it has become a problem... since there's no variations:P
how can it always be 6000LE and after they get that they have to pay 5000 more...

i have heard it all and many times from western women. do not believe a word of it.

Posts: 34 | From: egypt | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by warda_rosie:
they learn it so well that it has become a problem... since there's no variations:P
how can it always be 6000LE and after they get that they have to pay 5000 more...

For the same reason that every bazar and shop all sells all the same stuff.....they have no imagination.......and there is always a new sucker coming along each week to buy into the garbage.

KeepinItReal
Member # 7946

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KeepinItReal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those Egyptian men are very convincing. Just browse ES and see all the different scams and broken hearts. I wouldn't give him a penny(I meant currency ).

Posts: 1063 | From: Oregon | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 8301

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by KeepinItReal:
Those Egyptian men are very convincing. Just browse ES and see all the different scams and broken hearts. I wouldn't give him a penny(I meant currency ).

-----------------------------------

Egyptian Scam, Art of 101

dont forget i am dying and i need money for treatment and when u say no they are suddenly well

Posts: 72 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com