EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Why cant I find Her? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Why cant I find Her?
braveheart
Member # 8783

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for braveheart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why can't I find "Miss" right.Is my perception of the ideal mate blinded by my upbringing amongst the infidels. when we were younger we would sit and listen to stories about cinderella, and princes from different distance lands travelling miles to get a kiss to wake up a sleeping beauty and so on. So fast forward a decade or two and now what I look for is a woman to treat and respect.A woman but really a girl at heart.Someone who can keep me intelectually stimulated into the early morning.Basicly someone who can make me laugh and be shoulder to cry on when times are tough.My idea of what a woman should be able to do is to keep her head on when everyone around her are losing thiers and blaming it on her, she should be able to trust herself when all people doubt her but at the same time she should be able to make allowance for the doubts of people. and yet she does not look to good nor talk talk to wise.Its about the confidence that only a person who knows themselves can radiate.The women I meet may be beautiful but after a few moments you can tell just how shallow they truly are and that they are victims of thier environment in the sense that thier thoughts and likes are fashioned by the main stream media and if push came to shove they couldn't tell the real them from the make believe person.
Is it possible to find a woman who can dream and at the same time not make dreams her master,a girl capable to thinking and not making thoughts her aim,
A woman who can meet with triumph and disaster and treat both these falsehoods in the same manner.Am i searching to deep and swimming to far in my hope that i will find her,that she is only an ideaology that exists in my testosterone driven body. Sure many will say yes there are women like that and you'll find her one day.....heard it all before and yet I feel my patience is infinite in waiting for her and I pray that that I do not get tired of waiting for as a man my very nature is impatient and only a fool fights against his nature,and he is bound to lose but a wise person will try to understand the nature of human beings and when that happens everything makes sense.
Am i mad with far fetched ideals and expectations,am i living in a make believe world where the only reality is the virtual reality in my mind,or are these merely the lamentations of countless men that have passed before me as the waited for Allah to fufill thier destiny for truly I am certain that her name and mine have been etched in the book that was written before time.That I am certain of, my only uncertainty is the time and place that I will meet her.But while I wait, the wiser I get and the more I understand and appreciate her even though I have never meet her.she has smiled and my heart has smiled back and I love her even though I dont know her,never met her,I dont even know her name or where she will come from only that she exists.Insha Allah.
The most important lesson i've learnt in my search and wait for her is:
"Now this is the law of the jungle of life------as old and as true as the sky.
And the man that shall keep it may prosper, and the man that shall break it must die,
As the sun goes up and down in this world so shall this law run forward and back-----
For the strength of man and the family is the woman,and the strength of the woman is the family and man"
Insha Allah I will meet her soon.

Posts: 39 | From: United Kindom | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mooneal
Member # 8782

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mooneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It took my breath away.Hope u succeed.
Posts: 810 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice braveheart
You know, what you feel I think many feels the same. (including little me)
Since right now I am busy packing.. I am not able to respond any long respond. But Inshallah I will do it soon

Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eaasalam
Member # 8648

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for eaasalam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Insha Allah you will meet her soon. Wish you the best.

Posts: 98 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
naive
Member # 8834

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for naive     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You made me cry.
I hope you find her soon.

Posts: 12 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
braveheart
Member # 8783

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for braveheart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by naive:
You made me cry.
I hope you find her soon.

Salam alaykum
I hope they were tears of joy and i wish you the same happiness that I hope to find

Posts: 39 | From: United Kindom | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok here it comes..
I hope you find her braveheart. And I hope everyone else who are looking for that special someone will find them too.
dont give up, sometimes when we go through many trials and heartbreaks we tend to belive that this person we are looking will never be found. But Inshallah you never know what tomorrow brings. But I think that when you meet her, maybe she wont be exactly as you had imagined her, maybe the complete opposite. But your heart will know that she is the one you want to live with, Grow old with. and even fight with
Through patience you will come closer to your dream.

Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
braveheart
Member # 8783

Rate Member
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Serendipity:
[B]Ok here it comes..
BOY has it come....no i have prepared myself for that.I'm actually trying to expect the unexpected if thats poossible.But thanx for that bit of advice,i will certainly keep that in mind.
And did you know that a peson lives longer if the fightor argue often. im looking forward to the fights and the making up....the making up espescially.

didi_elsayed
Member # 4763

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for didi_elsayed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ohhhh how sweet,you make my heart melt...
I wish you from all my heart that you will fins the perfect lady for you!
Good luck!

Posts: 1134 | From: NoNe oF uR BuSiNeS | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by braveheart:
[B]Ok here it comes..
BOY has it come....no i have prepared myself for that.I'm actually trying to expect the unexpected if thats poossible.But thanx for that bit of advice,i will certainly keep that in mind.
And did you know that a peson lives longer if the fightor argue often. im looking forward to the fights and the making up....the making up espescially.

hehe...you better bring some chocolate or ice cream when you fight with her. Nothing solves the problems better then Ice Cream
Sorry for my short version. i usually write pretty long. But the packing has taking away all my energy!

braveheart
Member # 8783

Rate Member
[QUOTE]Originally posted by diana_ivanova:
[B]Ohhhh how sweet,you make my heart melt...
Thanks.....im blushing if thats possible.You guys just so nice.

braveheart
Member # 8783

Rate Member
[B]
hehe...you better bring some chocolate or ice cream when you fight with her. Nothing solves the problems better then Ice Cream
sorry to hear about your tiredness.while the choclate and ice_-cream work fo the big arguements it's shoe shopping and trips to the mall. Better yet a foot-massage afterwards and all the sweet lovi-dovi's I can think of whispered in her ear.......just slapped myself.note for diary, will not dicuss such things in public chatooms in future

mooneal
Member # 8782

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mooneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seren, I've got what u mean now... A u angry at me?
Braveheart, I believe in men again...so ur post was important also for others.
Take care.

Posts: 810 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
quote:
[B]
sorry to hear about your tiredness.while the choclate and ice_-cream work fo the big arguements it's shoe shopping and trips to the mall. Better yet a foot-massage afterwards and all the sweet lovi-dovi's I can think of whispered in her ear.......just slapped myself.note for diary, will not dicuss such things in public chatooms in future

hehe made me fall out of my chair from laughter

Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by mooneal:
Seren, I've got what u mean now... A u angry at me?
Braveheart, I believe in men again...so ur post was important also for others.
Take care.

NO girl I am not angry with you AT ALL. how are you doing? I am sorry if I didnt help. I just wanted you to laugh a bit

mooneal
Member # 8782

Member Rated:
NOW I'm laughing. I'm OK! And u? Seren I keep my fingers crossed for ur trip.Well, no chat.......Take Care
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by mooneal:
NOW I'm laughing. I'm OK! And u? Seren I keep my fingers crossed for ur trip.Well, no chat.......Take Care

I am doing fine thanks.. still surviving in this jungle Thanks I am handling it better now. since I got to know that I have my OWN bathroom woooohoooooo!!
Good that you're laughing. Laughter is the best cure for everything in life

Aussiefem
Member # 8588

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Aussiefem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
brave heart, i think she is in australia
hehe
nah all kidding aside, you made me laugh with the "just slapped myself" bit!
i wish you all the best and i know exactly what you mean, sometimes it can really get you down, but oh well ho hum........hopefully God has somebody wonderful in his plans for all of us!
Take care!

Posts: 49 | From: adelaide, australia | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
braveheart
Member # 8783

Rate Member
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Aussiefem:
[B]brave heart, i think she is in australia
So australia.....never thought of that,maybe she is actally an aussie fem,any ideas how I can avoid being boxed by the kangaroo's in the process...ha ha. nice one though

karla
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karla         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by braveheart:
[B]Why can't I find "Miss" right.Is my perception of the ideal mate blinded by my upbringing amongst the infidels.

All we have an ideal of our soul mate but 99% among us we never meet that ideal.I hope that you be 1% and you find her soon.

Posts: 1414 | From: far away | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by karla:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by braveheart:
[B]Why can't I find "Miss" right.Is my perception of the ideal mate blinded by my upbringing amongst the infidels.

All we have an ideal of our soul mate but 99% among us we never meet that ideal.I hope that you be 1% and you find her soon.

I disagree with you, I belive that ppl tend to misunderstand the whole thing about soulmate. What we might picture in our heads might not be what we actually are looking for and when we meet them, our hearts wont beat for them. I belive that our soulmate can be the opposite of what you have pictured or of what you may like. I belive that why its called soulmate, is because the soul feels connected to it and not the brain.

[This message has been edited by Serendipity (edited 03 September 2005).]

bitterwithbaggage
Member # 8645

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bitterwithbaggage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Why can't I find "Miss" right.Is my perception of the ideal mate blinded by my upbringing amongst the infidels. when we were younger we would sit and listen to stories about cinderella, and princes from different distance lands travelling miles to get a kiss to wake up a sleeping beauty and so on. So fast forward a decade or two and now what I look for is a woman to treat and respect.A woman but really a girl at heart.Someone who can keep me intelectually stimulated into the early morning.Basicly someone who can make me laugh and be shoulder to cry on when times are tough.My idea of what a woman should be able to do is to keep her head on when everyone around her are losing thiers and blaming it on her, she should be able to trust herself when all people doubt her but at the same time she should be able to make allowance for the doubts of people. and yet she does not look to good nor talk talk to wise.Its about the confidence that only a person who knows themselves can radiate.The women I meet may be beautiful but after a few moments you can tell just how shallow they truly are and that they are victims of thier environment in the sense that thier thoughts and likes are fashioned by the main stream media and if push came to shove they couldn't tell the real them from the make believe person.
Is it possible to find a woman who can dream and at the same time not make dreams her master,a girl capable to thinking and not making thoughts her aim,
A woman who can meet with triumph and disaster and treat both these falsehoods in the same manner.Am i searching to deep and swimming to far in my hope that i will find her,that she is only an ideaology that exists in my testosterone driven body. Sure many will say yes there are women like that and you'll find her one day.....heard it all before and yet I feel my patience is infinite in waiting for her and I pray that that I do not get tired of waiting for as a man my very nature is impatient and only a fool fights against his nature,and he is bound to lose but a wise person will try to understand the nature of human beings and when that happens everything makes sense.
Am i mad with far fetched ideals and expectations,am i living in a make believe world where the only reality is the virtual reality in my mind,or are these merely the lamentations of countless men that have passed before me as the waited for Allah to fufill thier destiny for truly I am certain that her name and mine have been etched in the book that was written before time.That I am certain of, my only uncertainty is the time and place that I will meet her.But while I wait, the wiser I get and the more I understand and appreciate her even though I have never meet her.she has smiled and my heart has smiled back and I love her even though I dont know her,never met her,I dont even know her name or where she will come from only that she exists.Insha Allah.
And the man that shall keep it may prosper, and the man that shall break it must die,
As the sun goes up and down in this world so shall this law run forward and back-----
For the strength of man and the family is the woman,and the strength of the woman is the family and man"

Good Grief - you don't want much do you? And who are these infidels? Are we not all people? Human beings? Re the woman issue, yes, take a reality check. The woman you are describing doesn't exist. Why because it is YOUR FANTASY. No wonder you are always disappointed. You want a woman who will follow your every whim, will change like a leaf in the wind everytime your need changes. You want her to be weak when you feel like being strong and strong when you feel weak. So, you only give them a few minutes before you dismiss them. No wonder. It must be hard when you dreams are shattered so easily. And what if you do find this ideal female. Have you heard? people change. They change all the time and in a relationship you have to accept those changes, sometimes even change with them. But this is the age old story. It is always the woman who has to bend and compromise. You are very romantic, it is very nice, but please don't take these ideas into a real relationship or you will continue to find your are sad and frustrated. I think you should look at why you are building up these fantasies? Why aren't you being realistic? What is it about you that is making you look at relationships this way? Because a) it is not healthy and b) you will be waiting for a long time!
BTW I am amazed at this thread. These woman normally speak with so much sense elsewhere and here they are egging you on!

Sheesh.

Posts: 106 | From: London, England | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
braveheart
Member # 8783

Rate Member
[QUOTE]Originally posted by bitterwithbaggage:
[B] Is it really to much...is it a fantasy to find a REAL woman who is her own person and does not reflect the mood of the neighbourhood in her thoughts and direction in life? On the contrary I dont want a woman who will follow my every whim,if I wanted that I'll go to thailand and buy slaves, the very point of all my "madness" is that I dont want a woman who "will change like a leaf in the wind". I want someone who is as constant as the northernstar are you then saying women are incapable of being as solid as an oak tree in the way they are and they are like chameleons constantly changing perceptions,views, over time.I want someone who is themselves,and knows that and wont change unless its for the better. As to her being strong when I am weak and vice versa is it not what a marriage is about. A person cant be strong all the time and in a relationship two people compliment each other. Two positive magnets wont attract. As to my only giving them a few seconds before "dismissing" them I can say that I dont need to spend a hundred days with a snake to realise that it is a snake. Some people have nothing to teach you and thier very presence corrupts you. I get the feeling that in a way you talk from experience and you the wisdom of someone who has lived that life and seen the changing of people over time but in the good relationships both people pick up each others habits and they dont even know its happened,and when they do they just smile.
Its this fight that I must fight,of saying its the age old law of time that its the woman who must change, im not so arrogant to such the extent that it is my will that must prevail over someone else what if im wrong.I thought facism unworkable and history continues to prove that point.
As to the other women speaking with sense elsewhere and then becoming putty here...you have to be laughing. I consider that unthinkable and if that happened i'd be the first to leave. But thank you for your perception and observation ,I will certainly take on all your good points and as to my romantic idea's only existing in peter-pan land well every one has hope's and dreams and i'd rather die romantic than some ungrateful idiot who didn't appreaciate his wife

[This message has been edited by braveheart (edited 03 September 2005).]

braveheart
Member # 8783

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Paint Me As I Am:
May Allah bless you with a Virtious Woman to complete u in this life... Let her be your best friend as well as helpmate through out your life..

Salam...Jannah

salam alaykum I thank you and I ask that she represents in her character the name you have chosen as paint me as i am and im not so stupid as to try and paint her as something else. I prayer I accept her faults and good virtues in equal measure and with undying enthusiasim,...i hope but you know how man can be..INSHA ALLAH
salam
jannah

mooneal
Member # 8782

Member Rated:
Bitter,I'm discussing only...when u analyse the Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs through our life( I agree with it) u see that he is up there.
I guess u know this life like me and saying: "No" to sth u can't accept.
I know that any girl ( also me) meet 30% of what Brave wrote about The Woman of His Dreams.But it is great to know that I'm not alone in my dreams of creating good relationship and sb else also wants sth more. Maybe we all not succeed ( I hope, we do) but we can make our relationships better.If I know that sb wants good relationship, like me, it means that my way is not lost. It's a net and we spread it. There is also a great chance that one day we meet a person for us,not perfect as we thought, but we sit down and say:"OK,not my ideal, but u are that one I feel. Let's try".
I also know that I'm in the period of seeing the reality.
This is not a question of losing time or not.
Dreams are also our drive and makes future for better.
Moreover, this forum is unique and despite many broken hearts and posts about bad Egyptian guys u can be proud of it!People here are individualist like u and always say sth creative, sth what stays- not go away.Like ur post make me stimulated to answer.
Take care

Transedit Pros
Member # 6262

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Transedit Pros     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Braveheart, we would like to contact you. Could you possibly post your email address?
Posts: 24 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
braveheart
Member # 8783

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Transedit Pros:
Braveheart, we would like to contact you. Could you possibly post your email address?

northernstargold@yahoo.co.uk

braveheart
Member # 8783

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Transedit Pros:

the above one for email and messenger stuff

[This message has been edited by braveheart (edited 03 September 2005).]

TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for TheWesternDebt2Islaam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bitterwithbaggage:

Good Grief .......yes, take a reality check. The woman you are describing doesn't exist. Why because it is YOUR FANTASY. No wonder you are always disappointed................. No wonder. It must be hard when you dreams are shattered so easily. And what if you do find this ideal female. Have you heard? people change. They change all the time and in a relationship you have to accept those changes, sometimes even change with them. But this is the age old story. It is always the woman who has to bend and compromise. You are very romantic, it is very nice, but please don't take these ideas into a real relationship or you will continue to find your are sad and frustrated. I think you should look at why you are building up these fantasies? Why aren't you being realistic? What is it about you that is making you look at relationships this way? Because a) it is not healthy and b) you will be waiting for a long time!
BTW I am amazed at this thread. These woman normally speak with so much sense elsewhere and here they are egging you on!

Sheesh.

LOL. No wonder why you called youself "bitterwithbaggage".
Although you made some good and truthful points.

Mr Braveheart,
If God Wills she will come InshaAllah, if not then may God rewward you with something better!....but do not worry much, such women do exist....

[talking from experience here ]

[This message has been edited by Kamal211 (edited 03 September 2005).]

Posts: 2457 | From: U | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sorsor
Member # 7639

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sorsor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi , brave heart , ur searching for a realy so qualified women , but may i ask you what makes this women like u ?whats special and diffrent about u ?
Posts: 429 | From: jeddah ,saudi arabia | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
braveheart
Member # 8783

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for braveheart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sorsor:
hi , brave heart , ur searching for a realy so qualified women , but may i ask you what makes this women like u ?whats special and diffrent about u ?

Hie sorsor,cruel and difficult question to answer,maybe i got taste buds that love cavier but i only got enuf money for chicken eggs....nothing wrong with punching above your weight..haha

Ellie
Member # 8505

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ellie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Braveheart,
I find what you wrote very romantic and from that i think you have the kind of mind i would seek in a man. While it is good to aspire and have an idea of what you want in a woman, i wonder how realistic you are in your expectations. I am looking for someone too, but until that happens i know i must be comfortable with myself first before i can let anyone in. I have learned that always searching is not a good thing but rather a waste of time, why, because you put all your time and efforts reaching for the unattainable, instead of enjoying the ride, instead of enjoying the present, the here and now and the people that surround you. I believe in instant attraction, that thunderbolt, you know that way we can nervous, our hearts thumping and jumping out of our bodies. But the problem is that has not happened too often for me then i wondered was i aiming too high and in doing so was i cutting myself off and indeed not giving others a chance or even myself at getting to know them and even having a relationship. So i am opeing myself up and stoppped my searching, because i learned that when we are searching we are looking for that something we lack in ourselves. If i fill that gap,then i will be happy,no, that is not true, because i will never be happy. I will never find my love like that. I will never find my other half if i carry on like that. It is only when stop the searching and begin to live in the here and now, by learning to love myself first and foremost, only then will that love i yearn for. Gosh ,i do believe i may have gone off in a tangent there but hopefully you get the essence of what i mean? Don't spend all your time looking, because you will never be happy and will only want more, and what you get will never be perfect and so you keep searching. Try to live in the present, go out enjoy yourself, in doing so you will open yourself up and someone will see that and become attracted to that person who is full of life and will like you for that very reason. You know that expression, it happens when you least expect it, well i believe it is true. Oh, i could go on and then digress even more but i will save it for another message! I think what i am trying to say is that it is the journey itself which makes us happy, makes us be, not the destination itself. I am searching for that someone too, but I know that if i sit around waiting and dreaming I will get no where. But if i go out there and meet people, open myself up to new people and experiences then and only then am i unleashing my potential, and when i least expect it, that thunderbolt will hit.
braveheart:

[/QUOTE]

Posts: 4 | From: Ireland-Cairo | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Why can't I find "Miss" right?

Cos sshit happens

[This message has been edited by MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari (edited 03 September 2005).]

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ' Sharon Stone '     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope you find a woman of your dreams, but it's hard to find a person who matches these great verses. I recognized in your post the very famous poem by Rudyard Kipling who was born in India in 1865 - "If". It's a very nice poem, everyone loves it.

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you
But make allowance for their doubting too,
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:
If you can dream--and not make dreams your master,
If you can think--and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it all on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breath a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on!"

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with kings--nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you;
If all men count with you, but none too much,
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And--which is more--you'll be a Man, my son!

Posts: 989 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karla
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karla         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Serendipity:
I disagree with you, I belive that ppl tend to misunderstand the whole thing about soulmate. What we might picture in our heads might not be what we actually are looking for and when we meet them, our hearts wont beat for them. I belive that our soulmate can be the opposite of what you have pictured or of what you may like. I belive that why its called soulmate, is because the soul feels connected to it and not the brain.

[This message has been edited by Serendipity (edited 03 September 2005).]

Also I am not agree with you. I believe that the soul feels connected to it and the brain too...and it is had to complete each other. At least this means the soul mate for me...is not imperative that you share this opinion
Best regards!

Posts: 1414 | From: far away | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by karla:
Also I am not agree with you. I believe that the soul feels connected to it and the brain too...and it is had to complete each other. At least this means the soul mate for me...is not imperative that you share this opinion
Best regards!

Well Of course I agree with you on that ..but some ppl use their brain only and make a whole movie of how the perfect man should be. and some ppl use their hearts and do the same and end it with a bad Romeo & Juliet scene. The best way as you said. Is to use your brain and your heart at the same time

So we agree after all

[This message has been edited by Serendipity (edited 04 September 2005).]

Lonely
Member # 8661

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lonely     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
je ne sais pas comment il'y a des femmes qui sont devenues agees parcequ'elles attendent le Mr. romantique auttant que ca se voit qu'il existent ce homme la
Posts: 115 | From: Egypt | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
braveheart
Member # 8783

Rate Member
did you just hear that.....my heart skipped a beat.[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ellie:
[B]Dear Braveheart,
I find what you wrote very romantic and from that i think you have the kind of mind i would seek in a man. While it is good to aspire and have an idea of what you want in a woman, i wonder how realistic you are in your expectations. I am looking for someone too, but until that happens i know i must be comfortable with myself first before i can let anyone in. I have learned that always searching is not a good thing but rather a waste of time, why, because you put all your time and efforts reaching for the unattainable, instead of enjoying the ride, instead of enjoying the present, the here and now and the people that surround you. I believe in instant attraction, that thunderbolt, you know that way we can nervous, our hearts thumping and jumping out of our bodies. But the problem is that has not happened too often for me then i wondered was i aiming too high and in doing so was i cutting myself off and indeed not giving others a chance or even myself at getting to know them and even having a relationship. So i am opeing myself up and stoppped my searching, because i learned that when we are searching we are looking for that something we lack in ourselves. If i fill that gap,then i will be happy,no, that is not true, because i will never be happy. I will never find my love like that. I will never find my other half if i carry on like that. It is only when stop the searching and begin to live in the here and now, by learning to love myself first and foremost, only then will that love i yearn for. Gosh ,i do believe i may have gone off in a tangent there but hopefully you get the essence of what i mean? Don't spend all your time looking, because you will never be happy and will only want more, and what you get will never be perfect and so you keep searching. Try to live in the present, go out enjoy yourself, in doing so you will open yourself up and someone will see that and become attracted to that person who is full of life and will like you for that very reason. You know that expression, it happens when you least expect it, well i believe it is true. Oh, i could go on and then digress even more but i will save it for another message! I think what i am trying to say is that it is the journey itself which makes us happy, makes us be, not the destination itself. I am searching for that someone too, but I know that if i sit around waiting and dreaming I will get no where. But if i go out there and meet people, open myself up to new people and experiences then and only then am i unleashing my potential, and when i least expect it, that thunderbolt will hit.
Did you just hear that........my heart skipped a beat. Thanks for that.

[This message has been edited by braveheart (edited 04 September 2005).]

[This message has been edited by braveheart (edited 07 September 2005).]

braveheart
Member # 8783

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Lonely:
je ne sais pas comment il'y a des femmes qui sont devenues agees parcequ'elles attendent le Mr. romantique auttant que ca se voit qu'il existent ce homme la

Bonjour maddame.....I got a secret to tell you......... soon insha allah.

Leila
Member # 8539

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leila     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that was some excellent advice Ellie. I really agree with you.

I’d like to add that I hear a lot of people saying they are waiting for the man or women who will ‘complete’ them.. but how much can we really offer if we are no longer whole, if we are half empty waiting needingly for someone to come along and fill us up so we can feel loved, so we can feel happy and fulfilled. Nobody is responsible for our happiness but ourselves and if we can’t give ourselves love and happiness we will never truly be able to give that to someone else. When Allah brings me and my husband together we will compliment each other, support each other through the good times and the bad, stand by each other despite our faults and weaknesses, we will be each others light when around us all we can see is darkness - But I am and will always be a whole person with or without him. We have a life, friends, family, dreams and aspirations and most of all we have ourselves.. for all we know Allah may never bring us together with our partner and if that’s the case – so be it - there must have been a good reason. I feel it is wrong and unfair to rely on someone else to complete you and make you happy.. then you fall into the trap of being in love with ‘love’ itself and hold on to someone – anyone- because you are too afraid of letting go and facing that empty half you searched for so long to fill… all the while the one who truly complements you -who truly loves you- might pass you by and you never even saw them.

Braveheart - there is nothing wrong with knowing what you want in a wife, i too know what i want in a husband.. but once we meet the one we all have to be careful not to put them high up on a pedestal and expect them to be perfect.. it will only be a long way for them to fall down from that pedestal and into reality- nobody is perfect! and there is nothing at all wrong with that! Goodluck to you and everyone else, i hope everyone will find their partner soon inshallah.

[This message has been edited by Leila (edited 04 September 2005).]

Posts: 201 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[This message has been edited by Corvinous (edited 09 September 2005).]

Posts: 3903 | From: The Moon | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bitterwithbaggage
Member # 8645

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for bitterwithbaggage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, I can't believe this. I was going to answer Braveheart's reply but work and social life got in the way and I have only just found time to sit down and put down the thoughts I have been having on this topic. However two people have already said much of what I wanted to say. Leila and Ellie I agree with you entirely.
What I would add is that yes the idea of love is very attractive but in practise it has many phases and versions. There is a book by a philosopher - I am sorry I forget his name but he wrote a great book called the Art Of Loving. He talks about a range of loving from narcissistic to needy but the greatest form of all is that which allows the other person to be free. That means being free to be themselves whatever that might be. In reality this is very difficult. Because we all have values and standards. We expect our partners not to lie, not to cheat, not to abuse us verbally or physically. So when these things happen then of course common sense and self protection steps in. But if we have an exact preconcieved idea about how our partner should be then love does not flourish. I think love is a creative act and it means we have to be creative all the time, it is a constant learning process and spending time looking for the perfect fit to your ideals means you could not only be very disappointed, as the person is unlikely to exist 100% (in fact I should say you would be lucky if you 50%!) it could mean you miss out on developing a developing a real relationship rather than just the one in your head.
Another point I wanted to make was about time. You need to spend time with someone to find out if they are right for you. Yes I have experienced the chemistry of a powerful attraction and it was amazing but I have also had to let that person go because after the first few months I realized it wasn't going to work. He is very different to me and though we have a strong connection on one level longterm we would probably make each other very unhappy. I don't mind. I know that I have had a good experience and who knows maybe it wasn't meant to happen now? But when you are young and there are so many opportunities around to meet people it seems to me a waste moaning about how no-one fits the bill. There are so many great women out there. They are all beautiful, inside and out ,in their way. The best way to attract the right person is to be happy and content in yourself. I truly believe if you are contented in your home, your family and your self you will attract the right person, naturally.
Thank to everyone for their respones to my post, both complimentary and otherwise. It has been very enjoyable reading them.

Posts: 106 | From: London, England | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mooneal
Member # 8782

Member Rated:
Cornv, Please, wake up yourself, first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!To better reality!What has happened to hurt u so much?
braveheart
Member # 8783

Rate Member
Hie bitterwithbbaggage. that made some deep thinking neccessary.wow... but in a sense thier's a part of me that rejects that concept of love.there are so many things that love means to different people at different points in thier life. love is a wish that hides in your heart and nobody knows about it but you.love is blinding and entirely hidden in a single second a belief and cause worth dying for. this is proved in one sense by the love between mmother and child,does the mother's heart beat faster everytime she see's her child,...doubt it but if push came to shove she wouldnt hesitate to put herself in danger for the sake of her child. i believe that initial heart racing,knees weak,e.t.c. when we meet a person is actually a deception on our part that has been nutured by our own selves as to what we find attractive. If we have a preconcived idea of what we look for in a partner,not looks but character,i think it will be much easier to fall in love once you find that person...take that back im of the opinion that yoiu dont fall in amd out of love but you grow in love..that said i think the best i can do is to keep the faith in God and at least that way he wont let me down. dont know if this makes sense but i hope it does..
quote:
Originally posted by bitterwithbaggage:
Wow, I can't believe this. I was going to answer Braveheart's reply but work and social life got in the way and I have only just found time to sit down and put down the thoughts I have been having on this topic. However two people have already said much of what I wanted to say. Leila and Ellie I agree with you entirely.
What I would add is that yes the idea of love is very attractive but in practise it has many phases and versions. There is a book by a philosopher - I am sorry I forget his name but he wrote a great book called the Art Of Loving. He talks about a range of loving from narcissistic to needy but the greatest form of all is that which allows the other person to be free. That means being free to be themselves whatever that might be. In reality this is very difficult. Because we all have values and standards. We expect our partners not to lie, not to cheat, not to abuse us verbally or physically. So when these things happen then of course common sense and self protection steps in. But if we have an exact preconcieved idea about how our partner should be then love does not flourish. I think love is a creative act and it means we have to be creative all the time, it is a constant learning process and spending time looking for the perfect fit to your ideals means you could not only be very disappointed, as the person is unlikely to exist 100% (in fact I should say you would be lucky if you 50%!) it could mean you miss out on developing a developing a real relationship rather than just the one in your head.
Another point I wanted to make was about time. You need to spend time with someone to find out if they are right for you. Yes I have experienced the chemistry of a powerful attraction and it was amazing but I have also had to let that person go because after the first few months I realized it wasn't going to work. He is very different to me and though we have a strong connection on one level longterm we would probably make each other very unhappy. I don't mind. I know that I have had a good experience and who knows maybe it wasn't meant to happen now? But when you are young and there are so many opportunities around to meet people it seems to me a waste moaning about how no-one fits the bill. There are so many great women out there. They are all beautiful, inside and out ,in their way. The best way to attract the right person is to be happy and content in yourself. I truly believe if you are contented in your home, your family and your self you will attract the right person, naturally.
Thank to everyone for their respones to my post, both complimentary and otherwise. It has been very enjoyable reading them.

Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[This message has been edited by Corvinous (edited 09 September 2005).]

Posts: 3903 | From: The Moon | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chocolat
Member # 8890

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chocolat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Braveheart,

i agree with you and like your posts, But you know you are very idealistic,which i like it especially in human relationship

i mean seeking a perfecticisim in any relation makes us trying to be good.

Posts: 23 | From: Earth | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
braveheart
Member # 8783

Rate Member
hie hope you fine, u know about the indian movies.....sometimes they do make you think i guess i'll take your word for it, never actually watched one though, heard they all about lovi dovi things though.....boy meets girl, family against relationship,e.t.c they kinda mimick real life in a way and for real.....a man aint living a life until he's being stressed by a wife. lol..[QUOTE]
salam jannah

braveheart
Member # 8783

Rate Member
im blushing.....eyelids fluttering now...heart racing....lol. thanx for that.
quote:
Originally posted by Chocolat:
Hi Braveheart,

i agree with you and like your posts, But you know you are very idealistic,which i like it especially in human relationship

i mean seeking a perfecticisim in any relation makes us trying to be good.

Leila
Member # 8539

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leila     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Paint Me As I Am:

How are things coming along for u now?
I was watching a Indian movie and as u know most of their movies they sing on them- and in this case she was singing to this man that a "man has no life without a wife"..even though it was just a song- it had many good points in the song that we seek in the reality life verses how we get caught up with the fantasy life.

Inshallah, when the time be right- u will know her...Allah be with u as u wait patiently..

Salam....Jannah

Jannah i love that movie! where the indian from america comes to a little village and falls in love with the teacher there. I forgot what it was called though? If only life were really as romantic as it is in indian movies!

Posts: 201 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hadidjawad
Member # 8892

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hadidjawad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

tes sight made blind by livin wirth infidel. in real world u not find ferfect woman you have make her. woman difficsent in head so u must beat to make okay. if do something wrog tell her to cahnage and them okay. there no equal man and women and if u want spend many morning stamulaed then jpoin army plenty stamulation for head in morning.
if not happy with first woman wife marry number two and thre shielk say and thren you get woman you look for

Posts: 3 | From: cairo | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com