EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » anyone have a clue?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: anyone have a clue?
Member # 14248

Icon 5 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this thought has been rolling around in my head a while now [Confused]

you know how everything 'government' needs a stamp of some sort or another.....

and you have to queue and go all over to collect all sorts of stamps.....

well I was thinking is is possible to 'buy' in advance a whole bunch of stamps and keep them to save you trolling all around office to office?.

Can you buy all denominations of stamps in a regular post office?

Seriously this would save a lot of time.

??????????????wonder why the government does not just issue every new born child with an album of all the stamps they will need through life and you just get whatever out of your album and pay the clerk who is sticking it in.........

Am I rambling....... [Big Grin]

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bastet*Loves*Ptah
Member # 13948

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bastet*Loves*Ptah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin]

--------------------
MEOW

Posts: 412 | From: protectress of Lower Egypt | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
honestly I think this is a brilliant idea
[Big Grin]
why has no one thought of this before??

Scenario

Parents of new born go to register their child and are given a nice album in pink or blue an ID card and a small zip drive.
In the album you will have pages full of all the stamps you will ever need like .....new id, university degrees, marriage, car registration, first registering for utilities like phone and electricity, buying your first property.
A page for each one in a plastic folder with an assortment of coloured stamps.

With the zip drive you transfer your digital photographs onto it from your computer and the office clerk will take it and put it in his and run off copies of your photo, so no more queueing at Kodak photo booths!

Then all you do is queue at the window and when it is your turn in about 3 weeks!! [Razz]
open your little natty stamp album, select the stamps from that page and hand them over to the smiley [Big Grin] clerk, in between them eating lunch, smoking or chatting to their mother on their mobiles! [Razz]
Then obviously as the prices will change and fluctuate he will tell you the 'current' price for all the stamps you need for that particular transaction and you swiftly extract your purse or wallet and carefully with thumb and forefinger select the correct banknotes and hand them to the clerk and he will stick them on whatever form it is.

makes perfect sense to me............... [Cool]

maybe we could do away with the id thingy in the process too??

maybe barcode all babies on the back of the neck with name DOB and religion [Eek!]

all government clerks and police would have to do is swipe the back of your neck to get all your info...........

Oh I am on a roll now...........

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com