EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » LIPTON TEA

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: LIPTON TEA
anthropos
Member # 9410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anthropos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HOW COME EGYPTIANS ARE OBSSESSED WITH LIPTON'S TEA??
Posts: 2184 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
el_la7w_el_khafy
Member # 10639

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for el_la7w_el_khafy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Egyptians are obssessed with ANY kind of tea [Smile]
Lipton? well...it could be because its somewhat better than the gazillion other brands out there and in a way cheap too

Posts: 26 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valerie
Member # 6806

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Valerie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Anthropos:

Dreadful tea......so weak....I found PG tips in a Cairo supermarket to-day. I will sit and enjoy a decent cup of tea....at last.... [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]
Posts: 290 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what is PG?
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hassanli
Member # 10683

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hassanli     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's an artform. And Lipton is readily available.
Posts: 14 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonomod_me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hell forget Lipton, Red Rose tea. A box of 100 bags manages to disappear in less than 3 weeks. And he drinks coffee too. [Eek!]
Posts: 1765 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mimmi
Member # 3606

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mimmi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Anthropos:

LIPTON'S YELLOW HAS "NO PARFUME"!!!
Posts: 523 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ngeg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What I looooooooooove in Egypt is ISIS green tea with mint! I buy tens of boxes when I go home.

Lipton is ok but I prefer shay el 3aroosa...It's tastier.

--------------------
Same crap...Different toilet

Posts: 1813 | From: Cairo | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i tried apple tea in turkey and got hooked! its so good people! thankfully its sold here in australia [Smile]
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
catch a 4alling **ChImP**
Member # 10093

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for catch a 4alling **ChImP**     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i love the mint when me was there ,but what about the sugar brought from the mini mart near al sarag i got it in cubes for the tea cus i wudnt drink the tea out there and WOW !!!!!! when me open little tiny ants came scouring out ..my husband took it back and they said just shake them off and that shud be better ,heheh i was having none of that i took them back and said u shake it has soon has he knew i was englsih he gave me boxes and boxes but had to be checked first ..lol lol lol ..think he wanted rid of me do you ,yeah i think so cant blame though ..lol
Posts: 1602 | From: the banana island shake me tweeeeeeee | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 10093

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for catch a 4alling **ChImP**     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hands up for liptons or not .....does any one remember it here in the uk i do ...i love MASSALA TEA cant beat that for me ..probly cus of the indian in me .....
Posts: 1602 | From: the banana island shake me tweeeeeeee | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anthropos
Member # 9410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anthropos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow Chimps what a horror story! Yeah those ants are just sugarloving creatures!
Posts: 2184 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ngeg:
What I looooooooooove in Egypt is ISIS green tea with mint!.

Me too. And I always take a few boxes to Germany with me. [Cool]
Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ugh! I took the bag of sugar out of the cupboard at my inlaw's home. It had ants in it too..yuck! I had no choice but to use it so I picked the ants out and used it. I must say the ants made the tea taste lovely! [Big Grin]

quote:
Originally posted by CHIMPS:
i love the mint when me was there ,but what about the sugar brought from the mini mart near al sarag i got it in cubes for the tea cus i wudnt drink the tea out there and WOW !!!!!! when me open little tiny ants came scouring out ..my husband took it back and they said just shake them off and that shud be better ,heheh i was having none of that i took them back and said u shake it has soon has he knew i was englsih he gave me boxes and boxes but had to be checked first ..lol lol lol ..think he wanted rid of me do you ,yeah i think so cant blame though ..lol

Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 10093

Member Rated:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!COOL MM,SORRY IM NOT ONLINE SWEETY GOT NO MSN HERE NOT ALLOWED BUT WILL CATCHUP WITH YOUSOON ..SALAAMS TO HUBBY AND FAMILY BOYS OK ,,WE FINE TOO AWAITING HUBBY NOW ,..
Member # 10093

Member Rated:
FOR MADAMN M FOUND A FILM
Malaki Iskandaria
ABOUT AWOMAN ACCUSED OF MUDERING HER HUBBY HEHEHEEH WAS THERE WHERE HUBBY FROM NOT A BAD FILM BUT I THINK SHE WAS INNOCENT HAHAH DONT TAKE IT PERSONAL I KNOW U LOVE THE TOWN THATS WHY ME PUT IT HERE IM THINKING CUD SHE HAVE DONE IT WITH LIPTON TEA POISENED AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH FORGIVE THE CAPITALS IM KNAKERED ALOT TODAY ..sorry wrk...

Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Salaams Sandy! Thank you and salaams to your children and hubby as well. Hope you don't have to wait for him much longer inshallah. I'm going in July to visit my husband inshallah. Can't wait!

quote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!COOL MM,SORRY IM NOT ONLINE SWEETY GOT NO MSN HERE NOT ALLOWED BUT WILL CATCHUP WITH YOUSOON ..SALAAMS TO HUBBY AND FAMILY BOYS OK ,,WE FINE TOO AWAITING HUBBY NOW ,..

Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

LOL very good [Big Grin] ..get some rest habibity!

quote:
FOR MADAMN M FOUND A FILM
Malaki Iskandaria
ABOUT AWOMAN ACCUSED OF MUDERING HER HUBBY HEHEHEEH WAS THERE WHERE HUBBY FROM NOT A BAD FILM BUT I THINK SHE WAS INNOCENT HAHAH DONT TAKE IT PERSONAL I KNOW U LOVE THE TOWN THATS WHY ME PUT IT HERE IM THINKING CUD SHE HAVE DONE IT WITH LIPTON TEA POISENED AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH FORGIVE THE CAPITALS IM KNAKERED ALOT TODAY ..sorry wrk...

Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ngeg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 7ayat- nefsi fe sobya:
i tried apple tea in turkey and got hooked! its so good people! thankfully its sold here in australia [Smile]

I tried apple tea in turkey too...yummy yummy. Now I can get it from Australia? From target 3adi keda?

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks

Posts: 1813 | From: Cairo | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LiveItUp
Member # 4811

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for LiveItUp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The LIpton's not that great here, but I have to say it's okay in iced tea strong with ice/sugar.
Love my Iced TEa year round..
I prefer the DILMA brand made in Sir Lanka...good tea sold here in Egypt...
I do like MInt tea on occasion but not all times.
Tea tea tea, why some Egyptian woman tell me don't give your young ones hot tea..or put milk in it?? I just give to my daughter when she is coughing...to have a warm drink.w/out the milk for coughing..is this incorrect?

TEa for Two Tea for Two Tea for Two Tea for Two

Posts: 395 | From: Whereever I go | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com