EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Dual nationalities

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dual nationalities
suzy24/7
Member # 10317

Icon 1 posted      Profile for suzy24/7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So confusing. I was reading the post on how Egyptians are discriminated against and how foreigners are welcomed...I have an Egyptian and a British passport, if I was moving to Egypt and getting a job would I be better off using my British one? And if I did that would I have to have a visa because wouldn't they be suspicious if I was living in Egypt with an British passport and no visa?

So basically would I be better off just using my British passport for everything?

Posts: 122 | From: England | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Suzy.... if you've got an Egyptian passport and you want to work in Egypt, you'd be much better to use it!!!
Foreigners need work permission to work here... most employers don't like to take foreigners because work permission is too expensive to obtain!!!
Stick with the Egyptian!!!

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farstar
Member # 9772

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Farstar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
depening on the job you should decide..

1- if you just fly to Egypt and look for a local job, then use your Egyptian passport and like this you will get a local salary and no benifits..

2- If you are looking for a job in an international body, YOU better use your foreign passport, otherwise you will be treated as a local staff and earn only 120 pounds a month..

You should know what kind of job you are applying to and use this or that passport accordingly..

The only benifit you can have from the Egyptian passport is to pay one pound when you want to visit the pyramids instead of 40.. [Smile]

Good luck

Posts: 275 | From: the Globe | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suzy24/7
Member # 10317

Icon 1 posted      Profile for suzy24/7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm ok thanks. Guess I'd have to get thinking what sort of job I want then!
Posts: 122 | From: England | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Samia:
Suzy.... if you've got an Egyptian passport and you want to work in Egypt, you'd be much better to use it!!!
Foreigners need work permission to work here... most employers don't like to take foreigners because work permission is too expensive to obtain!!!
Stick with the Egyptian!!!

I second that.
Posts: 3903 | From: The Moon | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ahmedmagdy
Member # 10691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ahmedmagdy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi suzy the first your name its very nice
and i think when u come egypt best for u
and i hope we will be friends and my email
ramyhetler@hotmail.com and i hope we send emalis
best oky good luck and i hope we will be nice friends i have 23 old yers bye

Posts: 19 | From: egypt | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
catch a 4alling **ChImP**
Member # 10093

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for catch a 4alling **ChImP**     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
has any one read in the british passport about dual nationalities i was advised from passport office here in peterborough not to go ahead with it ..with the current situation ,what ever that meant probably with all trouble thats happening ..apperently with dual nationality your country is not liable to help or get involved with the country u hold the dual with .,if you got into trouble there .. ..im only saying what i was told .im refused to do it now .but its up to the individual isint it..
Posts: 1602 | From: the banana island shake me tweeeeeeee | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Still-Learning     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It depends also on the conventions signed between the two states. For example, i've got a Jordanian nationality and a french one. I drived in France with my Jordanian international driving license... I got caught for a speed excess and for disrespecting a stop, and i had one accident, all of these located on the french territory. Each time i got away without a fine, but i didn't get any mention on my license. This maybe because the cops were not very used to handle those weird licences, and because i bullsh*tted them hard. So yes, it's linked to the individual.
Posts: 1473 | From: France | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Still-Learning     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The other car owner even tried to sue me, because my friend broke her window ( she was responsible for the accident ) But she had nothing against me, my friend went to court. I haven't been to the trial, but it was really funny, she was crying before her broken window. My sadistic side had a lot of fun.
Posts: 1473 | From: France | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
It's a girl i met in a club. She had an appartement so i could sleep for free and use the washing machine. I washed a lot of clothes, she had a very resisting washing machine as soon as you put some washing powder in it. My friend, he's a retailer in a grocery so he gave me everything i needed. She's the kind of girl working for airplane ticketing. She told me in the past she was in short of money she had to pute her efforts in collecting money. Then she wanted to drive my car, i told her to get a licence. She got her licence and it was all good.
But i didn't let her drive, all the time i was driving, sometimes really fast like hitting the road.
Then one day my friend comes by in the appartement and he finds out she had a debt to him. So i tell her it's better to pay and my friend gets payed.
One day, we go to my friend's grocery, and she insists for a credit. But my friend tells her: beware, i need the cash this time.
My friend asks me for the girls cash, but i say it's not my problem, all i want is the appartement, the washing machine, and the aspiratory, i don't care the girl. So one day, the girl comes by in another appartement i was with my friend. He asks for his cash but she has not. So he goes on the parking and breaks the window of the girl's car. She feels trapped and cries and shouts and call the cops. My friend freaks out, i was laughing and i'm still laughing even if i feel some guilt.

LiveItUp
Member # 4811

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for LiveItUp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What the heck does the above story have to do with the question??
sounds like immature story to me, and not very nice to use the girl for her apt. to sleep for free and washing machine then not back her up....
Immature.........treat others as you'd treat them!

Posts: 395 | From: Whereever I go | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
he he... learners stories just pop up whenever and wherever he chooses!!!!

i like the distraction!

i wish youd take your old avatar back learner, it was just how i imagined you... some sinatra type character sitting in a shady corner of a smokey bar somewhere telling stories to the bar flies and tenders...

character....

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
piggy you're bugging me. Get back to your porch with your fellow pigs, and roll yourselves in the mud, that's how i imagine you.
Potter.
Member # 10461

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Potter.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good, very good indeed [Big Grin] [Wink]
Posts: 512 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh look jesus... you have a disciple.
Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Potter.
Member # 10461

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Potter.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate mocking religions.
Posts: 512 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
catch a 4alling **ChImP**
Member # 10093

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for catch a 4alling **ChImP**     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol
Posts: 1602 | From: the banana island shake me tweeeeeeee | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farhana
Member # 3795

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Farhana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haven't time to read all the posts but just wanted to say this:

When I went to Egypt last year with my British passport I was kept waiting by the side of the queue (with tourists staring on like I was a threat to the airport) along with two other Egyptian/British lads. We stayed like that for half an hour. I felt sick. I forgot my ID card which i should have shown them along with passport. I hate the so-called Bereaucracy in Egypt, hate it!!!!

Posts: 606 | From: London, UK | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Potter.
Member # 10461

LOL HAHAHAHA, it was cause Brits in Egypt are becoming like indians and bangladesh workers in Arab Gulf countries HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Potter.
Member # 10461

CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP LOSERS [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Potter.
Member # 10461

Soon they will be paying every 10 brits the salary of one of any other nationality [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com