EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Slavery in the Middle East???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Slavery in the Middle East???
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Being American, I have often heard the warnings of being sold into slavery in the Middle East. Although I never really saw the danger that a lot of people do. So I wondered what others thought about this.

I mean REALLY, how often does this REALLY happen?

Where are some facts to show that it does.

Is it mostly hype?

Is there a lot of truth to this?

In what countries is this most common?

Where is this happening in those countries? In highly populated areas, low populated areas, outskirts, desert, in the middle of nowhere, borders, etc.

When it does, are the circumstances surrounding these incidents somewhat normal? Are they really off the wall?

What do people in the Middle East or of Middle Eastern origin think of this?

What do you think, when you hear this?

I was warned against this concerning going to Saudi with my guy. I feel there is not much chance of this happening. I think it is mostly hype. Am I wrong?

Thanks for all replies; [Smile]

Posts: 2133 | From: Redneckland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_trafficking_in_Saudi_Arabia

It's everywhere, though. There is sexual slavery here in the U.S. [Frown]

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the link.

I guess I'm thinking more along the lines of "the American women being kept as a sex slave in these countries".

I know we have that problem here. Which is why I am a little baffled when someone say's oh don't go there you will be sold as a sex slave and never come back. To me that kind of seems a little off.

I was told that by nearly every member of family upon hearing of my upcoming trip to Egypt. LOL

But really, is a woman in danger by traveling to Saudi with her Egyptian husband? Is an American woman in obvious danger when traveling to ME countries? I mean about being a sex slave.

I know the typical dangers lie everywhere. But is there good evidence to show what these people say is correct?

Just curious?

Thanks

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

Posts: 2133 | From: Redneckland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it's much more difficult for a woman to get *out* of the country when in Saudi Arabia. Almost anywhere else in the world, if you have the money, you buy a ticket and leave. In Saudi, you need a male relative's permission to leave. That in itself makes me never want to go there....

It doesn't have to be just about sex....it's just the idea you *can't* leave of your own accord that concerns me.

http://www.opinionjournal.com/editorial/feature.html?id=110003636

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the link.

Yeah I know this stuff happens when the woman or children are directly related to a Saudi man.

What about the people that aren't?

I am not going to marry a Saudi man. He is only working there on assignment. He is Egyptian. This is also where I have to trust my guy. There are no kids involved.

I appreciate all the comments here. I really do. I am just trying to sort out the facts and opinions that would affect me. [Smile]

I've seen tons of these things where women married to Saudi's or had kids with them, had these troubles. But I haven't seen anything that pertains to my situation. An American woman married to Egyptian. He only works there for 2 yrs. She only visits for a few months out of the year. Neither want to live there after the contract is up. More like a visit.

Just curious guys. Thanks for all the info. Keep it coming. [Smile]

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

LaZeeZ
Member # 10655

Icon 13 posted      Profile for LaZeeZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have two and they are happy
Posts: 1539 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
I have two and they are happy

LOL you crack me up

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I`ve heard about the poor streetchildren in Cairo, there are stories about these have been picked up by rich Kuwaiti and men from Syria.It seems that the Kuwaiti men prefer young boys...
About women and Saudi`s, there are stories from kidnapped women from Spain (Marbella), after party-invitations on their private-ships.
In the country itselve, I`ve never heard stories, but I`ll guess these things happen also.
Maybe you can contact the American embassy there, and ask them advice...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Graf_Genn
Member # 11802

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Graf_Genn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haha, well if sex slaves were so common in Saudi and the other Gulf states, why do they travel abroad for prostitutes so much [Razz]
Posts: 345 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ?????:
It seems that the Kuwaiti men prefer young boys...

[Big Grin]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FairyDust
Member # 7138

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FairyDust     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sheba76:
Thanks for the link.

Yeah I know this stuff happens when the woman or children are directly related to a Saudi man.

What about the people that aren't?

I am not going to marry a Saudi man. He is only working there on assignment. He is Egyptian. This is also where I have to trust my guy. There are no kids involved.

The trouble is no one seems to know. Does it matter if he is Egyptian in Saudi, you will be in Saudi Arabia, won't Sharia laws and the laws of Saudi Arabia apply to you there? I just got done reading an article where a woman was raped there and they sentenced her to 90 lashes for being in a car with a man she wasn't married to. It didn't say what her nationality was.
Posts: 333 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FairyDust
Member # 7138

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FairyDust     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I forgot to say, the man with her was a friend and didn't rape her, it was 4 Saudi men who kidnapped both of them, took them out of the city, raped her, and a 5th guy filmed it with his cell phone. The friend of the woman was also put in jail and given lashes.
Posts: 333 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is freaky 'cause I just watched a special on Lifetime tv last night. It was on from 5 to 9 and had to do with human trafficing. Really freaked me out. The main focus was on the trafficing of Russian girls to the USA and malaysian children.
Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by FairyDust:
I forgot to say, the man with her was a friend and didn't rape her, it was 4 Saudi men who kidnapped both of them, took them out of the city, raped her, and a 5th guy filmed it with his cell phone. The friend of the woman was also put in jail and given lashes.

www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=002280
Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_Masrawi_
Member # 9597

Icon 1 posted      Profile for _Masrawi_     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bid two camels and a small, but well kept, goat ...
Posts: 2049 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never head about western women becoming sexual slaves in the Middle East [Confused] ..... I am sure this doesnt exist in Egypt [Roll Eyes] .......... but again, maybe I am wrong & it happens in another Middle Eastern country???
Posts: 3128 | From: Not Your Heaven | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by *The Dark Angel* aka CAT:
I've never head about western women becoming sexual slaves in the Middle East [Confused] ..... I am sure this doesnt exist in Egypt [Roll Eyes] .......... but again, maybe I am wrong & it happens in another Middle Eastern country???

It does exist. Just like how Japanese business men recruit "personal assistants" for the summer paying $6,000 a month.

These ladies end up warehoused in a building with condos for each "Samari" with a few chicks locked in for weeks at a time. Druged up and guarded it takes months for them to get out and come home.

But then some are smart and figure out early on that "personal assistant" is another word for "call girl" and play along and have more freedom. But the ones who are quite naive are locked up and live in fear until they make it home.

The practice is slowing down, after Walter Mackdale (good name policy, can't divulge real name) retired from diplomatic career in Japan. He allowed these arses to get away with this for over a decade. [Mad]

Posts: 3168 | From: If you don't like it, don't look or read it! | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com