EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » depressed (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: depressed
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptian7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i had a joke with a freind ,i dont want to say story in details but this freind thought i am a real bad person as a result of the joke , i really appreciate and respect that freind and in a very bad mood
Posts: 2447 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alchemist
Member # 12318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alchemist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry Esso, insha allah you will work it out with them. Just give them sometime to calm down and then apologize and explain. [Smile] If they are a true friend then they will understand and forgive you.
Posts: 1879 | From: Going to Graceland | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liar_Lanie
Member # 14540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liar_Lanie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by esso7:
i had a joke with a freind ,i dont want to say story in details but this freind thought i am a real bad person as a result of the joke , i really appreciate and respect that freind and in a very bad mood

As a enlightened keyboard psychotherapist, my advice is:

"Be like me have absolutely no sense of humor, no interest in jokes, no room in your brain to remember jokes you've been told; in order to lessen the likelihood you'll ever feel the need to tell a tasteless and innappropriate joke again."

After you lose your sense of humor people will find other reasons to dislike you and your problems will start all over again.

Posts: 1455 | From: debtville | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptian7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i hope they understand but they think i am a bad person after that joke

--------------------
islam

Posts: 2447 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scv
Member # 14038

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for scv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Sometimes one must think what joke to do before doibg it, sometimes jokes do offend more than being funny.
Posts: 1106 | From: Puerto Rico | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alchemist
Member # 12318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alchemist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well next time please be more careful about what you say and around whom. People take things differently, what you might find funny, someone else will not. Don't make the situation worse by trying to call them or talk to them. Give it some time. This is my best advice. In the meantime, do something productive to take your mind off of it. [Smile]
Posts: 1879 | From: Going to Graceland | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
i didnt offend but they thought i am bad and trying to abuse

--------------------
islam

jean_bean
Member # 13715

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jean_bean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well,what was the joke?
Posts: 1103 | From: 6th of October | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you tell us the joke? I think we are used to a lot here on this forum and will not diss you after that, promise! [Big Grin]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't worry too much, esso7.
Things will get better! A true friend will know it was not meant that way.
All the best!

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by prmiddleeastern:
quote:

Sometimes one must think what joke to do before doibg it, sometimes jokes do offend more than being funny.
Absolutely!!!
Vader...hear,hear!!!! [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hehe, I wasn't trying to make you laugh. Lololol.

Trying to abuse with a joke ? WTF ?

Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Makbeta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Depressed because of a joke? I mean DEPRESSED?! Come on... Life is too short [Wink]
Posts: 2807 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vader:
Hehe, I wasn't trying to make you laugh. Lololol.

Trying to abuse with a joke ? WTF ?

<Sometimes one must think what joke to do before doibg it, sometimes jokes do offend more than being funny.>

[Roll Eyes]

Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<Sometimes one must think what joke to do before doibg it, sometimes jokes do offend more than being funny.>

<Hehe, I wasn't trying to make you laugh.>

A joke is not a prank. [Big Grin] Pranks are jokes for evil people. Muhahaha

Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
quote:

<Hehe, I wasn't trying to make you laugh.>

A joke is not a prank. [Big Grin] Pranks are jokes for evil people. Muhahaha

[Roll Eyes] [Mad] [Roll Eyes]
Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Makbeta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm... Something IS definitely going on here... But I'm confused as to what. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 2807 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
OMG, pleeeeeeez. Are you ever not confused ?
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
OMG, pleeeeeeez. Are you ever not confused ?

agreed [Big Grin]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
Lord Vader, I'm too curious that's why I end up with too many questions in life I guess. [Confused]
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
I explained what happened in another thread. Just can't remember which one. [Big Grin]

Oh well. Curiosity meets bad memory. xD

Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
quote:
I explained what happened in another thread. Just can't remember which one. [Big Grin]

Oh well. Curiosity meets bad memory. xD

What happened? Which thread?

???

Oh, never mind, Leito! (at least I still remember your former name [Wink] )

Alchemist
Member # 12318

I think I know! Was it that horrible video??? [Mad] [Mad]
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Hehehehe. I told you it was the worst video on the internet. [Big Grin]

See ? Alchemist survived!!! [Razz]

Alchemist
Member # 12318

My universe was horribly altered by it and I will never be the same again. [Frown]

I feel sick just thinking about it now. [Mad] [Mad]

Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Can't say I didn't warn you. Smart people listen to Vader's warnings. [Big Grin]

Oh gosh, who else should I send the link to ?

Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Alchemist:
My universe was horribly altered by it and I will never be the same again. [Frown]

I feel sick just thinking about it now. [Mad] [Mad]

Block him off for several days,Alchemist.
And im serious when i mean i'm still traumatized.No joke here. [Mad] [Frown]

Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
I'm sure he does not have the guts or is courageous enough to send it to Micky. [Mad] [Roll Eyes] [Mad]
Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
Is it SO horrible, Sash?! [Eek!]
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sashyra8:
I'm sure he does not have the guts or is courageous enough to send it to Micky. [Mad] [Roll Eyes] [Mad]

send me what? [Confused]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
It is very horrible. [Big Grin]

I didn't send it to micky coz she's too delicate. [Razz] [Razz]

egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
i dont understand

--------------------
islam

Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Makbeta:
Is it SO horrible, Sash?! [Eek!]

Don't dare to watch it,Makbeta.And i'm not a prude,by the way,but some things escape description.

[Mad] [Roll Eyes] [Mad]

Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
This is someone's reaction to the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SsUTLAhbWE

Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
I'm not a prude, either [Roll Eyes] , but I'm soooo curious by nature. [Razz]

Is Lord Vader scaring ladies off ES or what? [Confused]

Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
quote:
It is very horrible. [Big Grin]

I didn't send it to micky coz she's too delicate. [Razz] [Razz]

And what do you think i am,a truck driver??? [Mad]
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Let's just say you aren't micky. [Razz]
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
i hope they understand but they think i am a bad person after that joke

no point making a thread if you dont tell us the joke is there?

if it was just a joke it wont be a problem putting it here
what did you say Esso?

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
it was a bad joke that i prefer not to sat at least on es

--------------------
islam

Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Esoo....is better to be depressed than traumatized,believe me. [Roll Eyes] [Frown]
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Must have been really bad not to be able to post it after some of the stuff we read here [Eek!]
Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Esso I love bad jokes, really really bad jokes!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korvin's
Member # 14099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korvin's     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Esso, hunt them down kill them all one by one, that was a line from the Underworld, my favourite movie, did I make your day ?!
Posts: 890 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As Esso has made this public and from PMs received, he has told at least 1 member that I am the person, here is the 'joke'. I am normally against putting private matters like this out in public, but Esso, you have made it public so I guess you have no objection to me answering you.

As you know, I have previously met Esso in public and found him to be a basically likeable chap, offering help and assistance (sometimes excessively and annoyingly persistently, but appreciated nonetheless).

Now, for the record, I will also say that several months ago, I contacted Male Cleaner who seemed apparently desparate for work, offering him to do some seriously heavy duty cleaning work needed in my flat (before I moved in and which would be supervised by a male friend let me just make this clear). This was to be no more than 1 or 2 days of gardening, scrubbing paintwork and tiles etc etc. Needless to say, Male Cleaner was not interested in actually doing any work.

Just before I moved here, I was talking with Esso on MSN and suddenly he moved the conversation into other areas - without going into too much detail - rather along the lines of the member formerly known as Male Cleaner - starting with the cleaning part. At no time was it apparent that this conversation was meant in anything other than deadly seriousness. After some 15 minutes or so, the conversation suddenly lurched into the other area for which Male Cleaner was famed. I told him that this conversation was highly inappropriate and it totally creeped me out. His view was that I had been willing to offer Male Cleaner work so why not him - but I told him that the work I envisaged was genuine heavy duty cleaning work - not the other - and because I thought the guy really needed the money. Anyway, I blocked him immediately from MSN, deleted him as a friend on Facebook and put on Ignore on ES.

Sometime after I arrived here, he implored me to have an MSN conversation with him to explain.

With some reluctance, I agreed, and gave him the benefit of the doubt that he meant to test me to see if I thought he was Male Cleaner and it was all a joke. I still felt wary of him though, but thought maybe he's young, he has a lot to learn, blah blah blah.

To my horror I discovered a couple of days ago that he had done exactly the same with another ESer who would have known nothing about Male Cleaner who disappeared from the boards before she became a member.

He wanted to meet, and she had suggested that they meet up with me as well as she knew we had already met, but he - AFTER first checking with her that she hadn't spoken to me about anything (which she hadn't at the time) and AFTER he knew that I had found the whole thing objectionable - wanted a private meeting and then had a similar conversation with her (on the topic of the second part of Male Cleaner's well-known interests). This totally creeped her out too. She also did not wish this to become public knowledge as 'he is young, blah blah blah'.

As someone who has previously recommended Esso on the board as a nice guy, safe for women to meet on their own I now feel unable to do this. I might add I had also suggested to him when we met that certain topics of conversation were inappropriate for women you are meeting when the women believe you are meeting on a just friends basis.

If anyone can see a joke in any of this, particularly as knowing how I felt about it, he then did it to another person, please tell me. I have had a major sense of humour failure on this topic.

Mods - you may feel that you wish to delete this topic from the board - I do not object.

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
What a shock [Roll Eyes]
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, Oldbag, a born and raised Egyptian man with honourable intentions should never seek contact like this.Your offer to Male Cleaner showed your good intentions but out of ignorance you accepted his 'offer', and he was just trying.
Having a white reputation is also important, so the statement as it was only a joke, is needed to clean up that reputation again.
The best thing you can do is ignore them complete, and if you need asstistance or help in Egypt, ask for it by people you know and are reliable. Never accept offers to help by anybody you don't know or people around you don't know.
I assume you didn't went to Egypt without knowing anybody, and that you know reliable people there. Ask them and enlarge your circle of reliable people in this way.
Only for your safety...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
????? yes, I know some wonderful people here who have given me much assistance.
Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
So Male Cleaner is Esso7? [Eek!]

Josette is Auto? [Embarrassed]

What kind of other revelations do we have to endure this week? Everyone should feel blessed that the week is over tomorrow!!

An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

I don't know if Male Cleaner is Esso. He swears he isn't.
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mizz Egypt:
So Male Cleaner is Esso7? [Eek!]

Josette is Auto? [Embarrassed]

What kind of other revelations do we have to endure this week? Everyone should feel blessed that the week is over tomorrow!!

I'm Franz Beckenbauer... [Smile]
Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com