EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Toy Store in Egypt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Toy Store in Egypt
Autumnshyne
Member # 13640

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for Autumnshyne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey I'm looking for a good toy store in Cairo. I found a Toys-R-Us in Heliopolis but they didn't have much for a 1 year old. Any ideas? [Confused]
Posts: 52 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Books
Member # 14688

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Books     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was going to say toys r us in arkadia mall...don't know of another one so far.sorry.
Posts: 38 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liar_Lanie
Member # 14540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liar_Lanie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Toys R US in arkadia mall I hear is pretty lame and the upcharge for special orders.

http://www.roboraptoronline.com/watch.html

now my little monster girl has the robopuppy and the robosapian, now she will have the roboraptor.

Its meant for kids 8 years and older but I think this will be the one toy the little monster girl can use to repeal younger cousins.

I tried to talk my ex out of buying this toy, but he couldn't resist and thus has been telling our monster girl during every phone call about the "dinosauar".

I have real funny dreams in which she is "Godzilla" and he is "King Kong" battling each other in downtown Cairo.

I can't wait to see how she reacts to this toy. She figured out how to program the robosapian to dance within days of recieving it.

And one of the best gifts possibly for a family with kids is universal battery recharger along with about 50 different batteries of various sizes. We have to pay for about $60 USD for batteries every month, this will be a lifesaver.

--------------------
Offend one offend all during the season.

Posts: 1455 | From: debtville | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a shame... that little girl has all these kind of toys but the mother vanished voluntarily out of her life.

How can you look yourself every morning in the mirror, Sono???

Off topic, sorry!

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liar_Lanie
Member # 14540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liar_Lanie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
What a shame... that little girl has all these kind of toys but the mother vanished voluntarily out of her life.

Off topic, sorry!

Well at least our daughter isn't living off of the war machine's welfare rolls.

And unlike you, I understand how important a father's presence is in a child's life.

Because unlike you I grew up with a father!

Posts: 1455 | From: debtville | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, it all makes sense now, RM! Your daughter is doing good because TL's daughter is living off of " the war machine's welfare rolls."

And having a father substitutes for the need of a mother ? So logical. [Smile]

Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liar_Lanie
Member # 14540

quote:
Originally posted by Vader:
Wow, it all makes sense now, RM! Your daughter is doing good because TL's daughter is living off of " the war machine's welfare rolls."

And having a father substitutes for the need of a mother ? So logical. [Smile]

Excuse me? I shouldn't even bother responding to this but.

We all know Egyptian mores dictates that if there is no father present its disaster, other women can stand in as a mother figure.

Vader I am hedging my bets, but it doesn't sound like you grew up in Egypt.

Due to the fact that our daughter is both Egyptian and American we are striving towards blending both influences.

I have seen so many adult children of half-Arab kids who have no father present in their lives.

Its about as bad as a child growing up in the Eastern block without a Dad, and whether the western nations understand this, growing up without a Dad is about as bad as growing up an orphan. I've seen Eastern European peoples who grew up in that situation clean up their accent, change their names and avoid all persons of East.European extraction like the plague. Its a devasting pain, yet Arab society has a way of working around these issues and is far less harsh.

massenburg2008
Member # 14767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for massenburg2008         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Five For Toys
31 Gameat El Dewal El Arabia St.
Mohandeseen.

Posts: 698 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Reality_Meanie:
quote:

Off topic, sorry!

And unlike you, I understand how important a father's presence is in a child's life.

Oh yes .... WHAT did you become then???

Btw, I grew up without a father alhamdullilah, better without a father than with a bad one.

And I didn't have to endure a drunk mother throughout my childhood and teenage years - like you did! You are SO SCREWED!!

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by massenburg2008:
Five For Toys
31 Gameat El Dewal El Arabia St.
Mohandeseen.

There was a nice toystore (2 levels) in Shehab St. (not close to Midan Libnan rather the opposite site) in Mohandseen five years ago and it's probably still there.

Watch out for products 'made in China', Autumshyne. Especially small children try to suck on everything so just play it safe.

Liar_Lanie
Member # 14540

quote:
quote:
quote:

Off topic, sorry!

Oh yes .... WHAT did you become then???

Btw, I grew up without a father alhamdullilah, better without a father than with a bad one.

And I didn't have to endure a drunk mother throughout my childhood and teenage years - like you did! You are SO SCREWED!!

whoever said my father was a bad father?

Actually over the last few years on ES I have promoted my father and feel fortunately to have him as a parent.

Yeah my mother is a drunk but she didn't start pulling her heartless crap until I was an adult.

I grew up in an excellent affluent neighborhood with great schools, low crime, with execs, doctors, lawyers living on my block.

You grew up in a ghetto and your own mother didn't work. You grew up on USSR's less than generous welfare rolls, and in turn as an adult you found another government to sponsor your breeding without a father present.

Mother like daughter. [Big Grin]

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Reread my reply to you: I didn't talk about your father but MY father.

I didn't grew up in a ghetto - we didn't have any ghettos in East Germany - and my mother worked for many nights shifts at the local newspaper company.

You don't know nothing about Europe and it's past. I bet you were the school drop-out since you mentioned before that you didn't start to pursuade higher education before 25. Girl when I was 25 I was able to look back on almost four years work experience as a clerk excluding successful completition of my 2 year training infront of the German Chamber of Industry and Commerce, I was able to look happily back on three years living in one of the best places of the world (Egypt) and I had a beautiful baby girl in my arms. [Smile]

"Mother like daughter."???

Well Sono then why can't you admit that you are an alcoholic? And no one is gonna save you unless you want it yourself.

I understand now completely that the child you gave birth to almost six years ago is so much better off without you. Well done, you did the right decision.

Liar_Lanie
Member # 14540

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Liar_Lanie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Reread my reply to you: I didn't talk about your father but MY father.

I didn't grew up in a ghetto - we didn't have any ghettos in East Germany - and my mother worked for many nights shifts at the local newspaper company.

You don't know nothing about Europe and it's past. I bet you were the school drop-out since you mentioned before that you didn't start to pursuade higher education before 25. Girl when I was 25 I was able to look back on almost four years work experience as a clerk excluding successful completition of my 2 year training infront of the German Chamber of Industry and Commerce, I was able to look happily back on three years living in one of the best places of the world (Egypt) and I had a beautiful baby girl in my arms. [Smile]

"Mother like daughter."???

Well Sono then why can't you admit that you are an alcoholic? And no one is gonna save you unless you want it yourself.

I understand now completely that the child you gave birth to almost six years ago is so much better off without you. Well done, you did the right decision.

Eurotrash. When you have a college degree and a job then you can talk.

There were alot of ghettos in East Germany why else would East Germany need a "Economic Miracle".

And I do know European history. I know Europe was rebuilt with my tax dollars and you are now breeding on my tax dollars.

Cut the crap Eurotrash and get a life! [Razz]

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Well your ancestors are must be considered *EUROTRASH* by you then too. What a shame that you refuse to be proud of your own heritage.

I have an idea. Why don't you tell everyone you came out of the toilet then? You look, speak and act like SH*T (can't say anything about your odors over the computer). What a perfect explanation!! [Big Grin]

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

so why is her father in USA and she is in Egypt? or has he finally gone to visit her after all this time of saying he will never go back to Egypt???

To have a father's presence, he actually has to BE there. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To give judgement to a complete continent, there has to be a lot twisted up in the upper stagefloor. You don't need to have had a college degree to run into that conclusion.

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Autumnshyne:
Hey I'm looking for a good toy store in Cairo. I found a Toys-R-Us in Heliopolis but they didn't have much for a 1 year old. Any ideas? [Confused]

Hi Autumnshyne!

Not sure about toys for 1 year-olds, but there are some good toy shops Nasr City. One is on Mustafa Nahas, just up from Abbas Al-Akkad on the left; another one on the same side down towards Sharia Tayran; and there is a new Childs Mall on Makram Ebeid between Tawhid wal-Noor and Omar Effendi.

Hope you find something you like.

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Autumnshyne
Member # 13640

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Autumnshyne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks everyone for your help. I went to the Childs Mall on Makram Ebeid. I still didn't really find anything. I'm also looking for a small booster set for eating at the table. My 1 year old is soooooooooooo tired of eating in the walker and I think he's too old for a high chair.
Posts: 52 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
A one-year-old does belong in nothing but a secure high-chair.

And he's definitely too tall for a walker!

Please get him a comfortable high-chair - it will make eating time so much more pleasant for him and easier on you too!

Look someone just posted several days ago an ad to sell baby supplies incl. a high-chair!

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=004553

Farstar
Member # 9772

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Farstar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guys, the best toy store in Cairo is TOY AND JOY, it is located at the beginning of Musadak Street in Dokki, they have a variety of toys and games to all age groups.
Posts: 275 | From: the Globe | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mag
Member # 14266

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mag     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
I have a 1 year and 9 months daughter. Most of her toys are coming from OUR KIDS in DOKKI (Messaha square) and PLANETE BEBE (mohandessin, near Ulla Pumkin shop). They have a lot of imported stuff so good quality and highly resistant for a one-year old child. Avoid chinese designs as they are generally not safe..
Also, i think u hav to buy a high chair for your baby ! I got one for my daughter which i highly recommend. it is sold in PLANETE BEBE. Its brand is BEBE CONFORT (French) and 100% wood (+ 2 mats) and it grows with the child (ur child can use it till the age of 9/10..). Toy and Joy is also nice for toys by the way.
The other place u may go is City Stars, third floor. There is a shop (i forgot its name) which has plenty of good quality toys for all ages from birth. Just go to the kids section. u will find a high concentration of shops for kids.
Enjoy your shopping and tell me if u find something new..

Posts: 6 | From: Dokki | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com