EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » cost of living in and around hurghada in 2008

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: cost of living in and around hurghada in 2008
juice99
Member # 14642

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for juice99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
since a lot of prices went up, i think the old guides are out of date (besides, i can't find search option on this forum anymore)

so, what is it? leaving a normal modest live for 2 person, in air-conditioned rented apartment (not too big), with broadband internet if it's available, somewhere in Hurghada or near it.

also one more question - do you have a bike in hurghada? can you rent one and is it possible to ride with it anywhere without using dangerous roads ?

Posts: 31 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matron
Member # 4902

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for matron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well a friend of mine used to cycle a lot when she lived here in Hurghada. Please be aware though that no respect is shown for those on bikes, mopeds, motorbikes.
Rent very much depends on the area - it can be ridiculously cheap ie. 700 LE a month right up to 3,000 a month.
Internet - again this varies between 400 & 700 per month. Again be aware that not all areas have access.

Posts: 155 | From: Planet Egypt | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
polo21ford
Member # 15087

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for polo21ford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
getting broadband connection isnt prolem..you can get a landline for 300LE ( paid once) and DSL contract from 45L.E per month with speed 256 Kbps
Posts: 3 | From: egypt | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
juice99
Member # 14642

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for juice99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what about other costs?

how much it costs to eat a meal for 2 person in a restaurant? and what is your average spending per month?

Posts: 31 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
encrypted
Member # 13625

Icon 1 posted      Profile for encrypted         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by juice99:

leaving a normal modest live............................... somewhere in Hurghada

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxymoron
Posts: 147 | From: Auto's World | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
juice99
Member # 14642

Rate Member
it is that overpriced?
juice99
Member # 14642

Rate Member
according to this http://lexicorient.com/egypt/z_costs.htm

"If you are travelling to Sharm el-Sheikh, you can forget about the lowest prices, and multiply all prices with 3 or more, depending on the hotel.
Hurghada has cheap hotels, and fairly cheap restaurants, so here you can expect prices near standard Egyptian prices."

so maybe hurghada isn't that bad?

surely Cairo and Sharm el sheikh seems to be more expensive.

Also if not hurghada - are there any not expensive places in egypt on the red sea coast?

encrypted
Member # 13625

Icon 1 posted      Profile for encrypted         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
according to this http://lexicorient.com/egypt/z_costs.htm

"If you are travelling to Sharm el-Sheikh, you can forget about the lowest prices, and multiply all prices with 3 or more, depending on the hotel.
Hurghada has cheap hotels, and fairly cheap restaurants, so here you can expect prices near standard Egyptian prices."

so maybe hurghada isn't that bad?

Also if not hurghada - are there any not expensive places in egypt on the red sea coast?

I don't know about prices in Hurghada but I know it's a dump. I wouldn't live there if they paid me.

quote:

surely Cairo and Sharm el sheikh seems to be more expensive.

Though I didn't read your link, I believe you misunderstood the content. You can not put Cairo and Sharm in the same category when talking about prices. Sharm is far more expensive than Cairo.

How much money do you have [Smile]

Posts: 147 | From: Auto's World | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptian7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes i agree sharm is much more expensive than cairo

--------------------
islam

Posts: 2447 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I lived in Hurghada I rode my bike to and from work every day..... was about a 20 minute ride each way....without any problems!

I worked off the normal bus route, but buses are very cheap and very plentiful!!!

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com