EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » The Hippo has landed!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Hippo has landed!!!
Supercalafragalistic
Member # 15631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercalafragalistic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello people!!

Just letting you know that I have arrived in the UK safe and sound and am now sitting here with a thick dressing gown on, socks, slippers and still feel abit cold!

The bus trip to Sharm was fine, apart from they played the DVD very loud so I couldn't sleep. Ahmed's friend met me and took me to their apartment so I could have a rest, I nearly overslept! The taxi took me to the airport with no problems.

I have never felt so out of place in my life as I did in that airport surrounded by the british holiday makers! No offense to anyone but has the UK turned into Fat Chav Island??? I really don't know what I was worrying about regarding my size, I forgot the British are getting bigger! Everywhere I looked there was either a large person, a skin head, tacky tattoos, baseball caps , or posh spice wanna bes.

I was sat in the first row on the plane, even saw the pilot when he popped out to talk to cabin crew. Loads of leg room and yes my bottom did fit! was snug but comfortable. Flight was fine, even slept alittle bit!

Me mother met me ok, drove me home, had a long chat with me about money etc which total depressed me! Sleeping in a cold room with a thick feather duvet was bliss! my ears are ringing from the silence here! I'm feeling quite lonely. Managed to talk to Ahmed this morning for 3mins, used one of the cheap numbers so thats good.

Missing him and Egypt loads, why didn't I pack him in my suitcase god damn it!

Nic... if you're feeling generous with your mobile credit one day can you send him a text, just to make sure hes ok. I can't find my mobile sim card and the internet is broke over there again.

Off to call the bank now to try and sort out my fraud! fun fun fun!

Thanks for the good wishes... will keep you updated. xxx

Posts: 1248 | From: my sex is on fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
good luck FK and I bet the cabin crew were relieved you didn't drop on the plane! Might have given them something exciting for a change though delivering a baby.

I know what you mean about chavland though - I went back to the UK on a cheapie seat from Hurghada .... talk about beer bellies, tattoos and skinhead hair dos - and that was just the kids... [Wink]

I felt like a right snob in my twinset, pearls and hunter wellies (just j/k!)

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PS for the confused - I meant 'once went back' not the last trip - I wish edit would come back! LOL!
Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey FK, I never saw you at the airport!!!!!!!! I think my skinhead is quite becoming, have been told I look like Shionaid O'conner [Wink] and my tattoos are all spelt correctly I'll have you know [Big Grin] [Big Grin] . Glad you had a safe trip home.
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey FK [Big Grin] I am so glad you didn't have to stand all the way back [Wink]

I actually feel like a lady when I go to tourist places in Egypt [Big Grin] With me it must be the tiara and champers in my hand.

Britain is getting bigger, some people think it is a mystery but then that just indicates that IQ levels are dropping as well [Big Grin]

I must remember to pencil ACAB on my knuckles the next time I fly [Wink] (showing my age)

I am so glad you are home safe, I thought we were going to have to name the baby after where it was born and Meditarranean would have been such a long first name.

I will text baldy and tell him if he ever wants a message passing over to let me know and I will act as your go between [Big Grin]

Now can you hurry up and let bump out so you can come home.

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck to you and let us know how you are getting along
xx

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

quote:
Originally posted by Lady Ferret:
Hey FK [Big Grin] I am so glad you didn't have to stand all the way back [Wink]

I actually feel like a lady when I go to tourist places in Egypt [Big Grin] With me it must be the tiara and champers in my hand.

Britain is getting bigger, some people think it is a mystery but then that just indicates that IQ levels are dropping as well [Big Grin]

I must remember to pencil ACAB on my knuckles the next time I fly [Wink] (showing my age)

I am so glad you are home safe, I thought we were going to have to name the baby after where it was born and Meditarranean would have been such a long first name.

I will text baldy and tell him if he ever wants a message passing over to let me know and I will act as your go between [Big Grin]

Now can you hurry up and let bump out so you can come home.

Well you must be older than me then, Milady, coz I have no idea of the significance of ACAB - obviously I mixed with a higher class of riff raff than you.
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

[Wink]
- forgot the smiley at the end [Roll Eyes]

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think my riff raff maybe of a lower class as it is up there with love and hate - or hat if there is a finger missing.

All coppers are B*stards was a popular 80's tattoo.. that and a borstal spot!

I think I am looking at the Mods and Rockers era...

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Ah well you see LF, there were 2 mods and rockers eras..... do you mean the first or the second [Wink]
Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to see you and the guggie made it home safe n sound FK.
err... one of my cousins has that tattoo i'm embarressed to admit,MODS N ROCKERS? mmmm i was neither so were do i fit in? [Wink] or indeed do i fit in at all lol

Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

In my youth, in my town in central England, it was 'greaser' or 'skinhead'
Greasers being the long-hair / leather jacketed Black Sabbath fans.

weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome back to the uk! Is there anyone else waiting desperately for January to return to Egypt then? I've counted four of us so far.

Eek, I'm overweight and have a tattoo- if I ever get the urge to shave my head I'll be a full on chav [Big Grin]

--------------------
Another one....

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I mean the second one.. I am not old enough for the first one [Wink] Have you seen quadrophenia?

I am waiting for January to see you all so that is 5 people [Big Grin]

WK, go straight to Argos and buy their jewellery, then please please go and get yourself an ASBO!

advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for advocate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I have the tattoos and the spikey hair but I would place myself more a mod than a rocker but definitely not a chav. [Razz]

Do we have chavs in Wales or are they an English thing? [Confused]

Welcome back to the UK Fishy, isn't it lovely to cwtch under the duvet?!! [Smile]

Posts: 1917 | From: WALES | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercalafragalistic
Member # 15631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercalafragalistic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey, I'm overweight and got 9 tattoos but defo not a chav.... i think, its all about how you present yourself and WK your defo not a chav either!

I'm off for a nap! xx

Posts: 1248 | From: my sex is on fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want a tattoo.
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well i got tattoos too, seems all us brits almost have them, i want more as well.

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vader:
I want a tattoo.

[Eek!] NOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kalila:
quote:
I want a tattoo.

[Eek!] NOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Nothing big. Something like this.

http://www.ondergrond.tv/de_ondergrond/images/2007/06/13/isch_mooi.jpg

Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14517

Rate Member
O F F S [Eek!] [Eek!]
Supercalafragalistic
Member # 15631

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Kalila:
quote:
I want a tattoo.

[Eek!] NOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Nothing big. Something like this.

http://www.ondergrond.tv/de_ondergrond/images/2007/06/13/isch_mooi.jpg

He was sat next to me on the plane!!!
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
I woulda changed my seat. [Big Grin]
snow white
Member # 15647

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for snow white     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wanna know what the bottom half looks like [Big Grin]
Posts: 264 | From: wales | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Bahaha. Naughty. xD
cbrbddd
Member # 3891

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbrbddd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved Quadrophenia!!!! Love reign o'er me!!

--------------------
I fell in to a burning ring of fire . . .

Posts: 895 | From: NorthTexas, USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbrbddd
Member # 3891

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbrbddd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PS . . . I don't have any tats . . . but I sure seem to be surrounded by them these days!

Nice to hear "The Hippo" made it home safey!

--------------------

Posts: 895 | From: NorthTexas, USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mira Sol
Member # 15569

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mira Sol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy to hear you are home safe, sorry it is without your "better half"
[Frown]

Bigger fish to fry it seems.
What's a chav? I can tell it isnt good!

Posts: 929 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by cbrbddd:
PS . . . I don't have any tats . . . but I sure seem to be surrounded by them these days!

I'm not sure you should be repeating that. [Big Grin]

It's your life at steak here, lol.

cbrbddd
Member # 3891

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

I'm not sure you should be repeating that. [Big Grin]

It's your life at steak here, lol.

Which comment puts my life at stake??? Hippo or Tats??? I bet if you got a tat is would be B**bs [Wink]
cbrbddd
Member # 3891

Rate Member
Although, come to think of it . . . if you thought that I was trying to say that other word that refers to B**bs (i.e. T*ts = B**Bs ). . . then my comment would take on a completely different context, lol!!!

--------------------

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I have no tAts either [Big Grin]

A chav is a scratter, a ned, a pikey... do some googling woman!

weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
hey, I'm overweight and got 9 tattoos but defo not a chav.... i think, its all about how you present yourself and WK your defo not a chav either!
Aw thanks. And ps, being pregnant isn't quite the same as being overweight, lol. Sadly I can't blame a baby on my weight, just my weakness for damn good food [Big Grin]

quote:
I want a tattoo.
It hurts

--------------------
Another one....

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercalafragalistic
Member # 15631

kitty, even before I was pregnant I was overweight! in fact, going on those stupid charts that doctors have I was actually classed as obese! V depressing! lol
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Oh how I would love to be called obese, without the word "morbidly" thrown in for good measure, lol.

--------------------
Another one....

Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
quote:
Although, come to think of it . . . if you thought that I was trying to say that other word that refers to B**bs (i.e. T*ts = B**Bs ). . . then my comment would take on a completely different context, lol!!!

I just thought it wasn't safe to call a girl a hippo. [Big Grin] She might sit on you.
cbrbddd
Member # 3891

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

I just thought it wasn't safe to call a girl a hippo. [Big Grin] She might sit on you.
Ah, but she was the one that brought it up in the first place . . . but I agree . . . normally I wouldn't call anyone one a hippo . . . except the hippo itself . . but maybe they don't like ppl calling them hippos either????
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mira Sol:

CHAV stands for..
Council
House
And
Vile.

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercalafragalistic
Member # 15631

my mother text my sister as soon as i got to uk saying..the hippo has landed. I don't mind, hippos are kinda cute, if abit on the heavy side [Razz]
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by mamasue:
quote:
Originally posted by Mira Sol:

CHAV stands for..
Council
House
And
Vile.

pmsl... I like it [Big Grin]

http://uwe.facebook.com/posted.php?id=5847773853

There is a Walsall Hippo appreciation society on facebook [Big Grin] There is a hipoo in my town made on concrete plonked outside Tesco! Don't ask!!!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com