EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » OT: Naomi Cambell evidence

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OT: Naomi Cambell evidence
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone else watch that yesterday?
I never thought I would feel sorry for her, but I did!
The unwavering evidence was that
(a) no proof it was Charles Taylor who gave her the diamond(s), just speculation,
(b) she passed them on to someone else who was supposed to do something 'good' with them - being naive and having never heard of blood diamonds (who had 13 years ago?) - she didn't know he couldn't but anyway the guy even stated that he had them still
(c) prosecution subpoened her as a witness and then said she wasn't their witness - until the chief prosecutor said she was subpoened at their request!

What a waste of how many thousands of euros getting her there?

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo Ning Min E     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was bizarrely mesmerising wasn't it?
Can't say i felt sorry for her, she's no stranger to courts is she? Didn't she beat up her maid with a telephone once?
Something about that hearing was weird though. Quoting Oprah in the ICC??? Lots of hearsay evidence, not like a real trial at all, maybe they just wanted the thrill of having a supermodel on the stand.
Or more likely a setup against Taylor.
Crazy world.
Do you remember when they had big problems with violence on the streets in Liberia? The whole world were asking the USA to send in troops, and the sent a contingent of about 20 guys , according to the BBC reporter on the spot, 'To guard the beer delivery to the US embassy'.
Funny country. Bad history.

Posts: 1399 | From: alexandria | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah! That's why I didn't expect to feel sorry for her.

Well like she said - she hadn't even heard of Liberia when she met Charles Taylor!
I used to think they meant Libya or it was some kind of fake country for ship flags LOL

I wasn't sure why she was there - I got the impression that they were confused to. Afterwards I realised she was mainly there to supply evidence that Charles Taylor had blood diamonds, but it seemed like they were trying her for something!

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo Ning Min E     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey Shanta, hope you watched Mia farrow today.
Hilarious. Get the feeling she was peeved that she didn't get to sit next to Mandela at dinner. I can just imagine her sitting there in her mumu [she wore African national dress, poor dear.] glowering at Naomi.Very cross.
I was reminded of that song 'I took my harp to a party, and nobody asked me to play'.
It's more of a celebrity spat than a real trial.
And the way she never even registered the presence of Campbell's publicity girl, [not famous enough].
Couldn't remember her kids age either!
Prosecution is amateur rubbish.
You don't need to be a QC to know you can't call a second prosecution witness to refute the evidence of the first!

I bet Taylor walks.

Posts: 1399 | From: alexandria | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com