EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » sarcasm, abuse and sonomod

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: sarcasm, abuse and sonomod
karinfarid
Member # 3352

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karinfarid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did not want to join in on the thread of I hate sonomod, hate is a very big word, and since the posting of this thread we all have learned a lot more about sonomod and her circumstances.

We are all a very friendly, compassionate and polite bunch of people, and this is one of the reasons why I love this board so much.

In the past I have spent so much time mastering sarcasm to the limit that I simply had to have the last word, I knew how to get to the most sensitive point of that person and I hurt lots of people in my ignorance and vanity, may Allah forgive me. Alhamdulillah, I have changed for the better. Now I can't stand abusive language, and sarcastic comments flying around. This is not helping anybody, but hurting people it creates bitterness, and a poisening competition in who can be more abusive than the other.

I ask for a time-out. I see that sonomod is very hurt, very bitter and sees herself in an emotional and physical corner. I'll post soon inshaAllah some information and links on abuse of women/ wife battering, and you'll read that this goes on in each and every society and country. Highly intelligent and educated women are not less vulnerable to abuse and domestic violence.

sonomod, please take a deep breath, and as many others said, as you call into the woods, it comes out to you (the german version of the proberb . We don't want to hurt you, you have more than you can handle already, and we don't want to get hurt by you at the same time.

I wish you all the best for yourself, and your daughter, may God help you out of this mess and grant you happiness after all, Amin.

salam, peace, Friede
Karin

Posts: 295 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com