EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » lost egyptian passport in montreal.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: lost egyptian passport in montreal.
BahYBasha
Member # 4522

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for BahYBasha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
she loves me!

[This message has been edited by BahYBasha (edited 15 July 2004).]

Posts: 180 | From: halifax, nova scotia, canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BahyB, I have just seen Annie_81 at the world and peace thing thread; maybe u can catch here there; good luck. Sorry for the loss of your papers; I know how much pain it is to gather them all!
K.

Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BahYBasha
Member # 4522

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for BahYBasha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
she loves me not!

Posts: 180 | From: halifax, nova scotia, canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure if you mean you think your package was lost or you need to contact the embassy bcs they haven't responded to you. The canadian post can do a 'trace' on your letter, which should tell you if it got forwarded; also they surely must have an automatic forwarding address where they are sending the mail, no?

I'm not sure what the "old" address is, i guess the LAURIER Ave that's on the official web site? canada411 web site gives 3 different addresses for the embassy:

454 Laurier Avenue East,
Ottawa, ON
K1N 6R3
613-234-4931

207-85 Range Road,
Ottawa, ON
K1N 8J6
613-238-6263

905-85 Range Road,
Ottawa, ON
K1N 8J6
613-563-1248

Also...any luck calling the Consulate General to see if they have the new address/phone for their embassy?

ADDRESS 1 Place Ville Marie, # 2617 Montreal, QUE H3B 4S3
CITY MONTREAL
TEL (514)8668455 - 8668456 - 8668457
FAX (514)8660835

In lieu of that, try calling the Egyptian embassy in the US - they should have a contact number.

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BahYBasha
Member # 4522

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for BahYBasha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
she loves me!

ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BahYBasha:
I knew the new address of the Egyptian consult in canada after i had sent my package. What i meant is that i sent it to some people who currently live at the old address of the egyptian consult. i called canada post to trace the package and they told me that it had been recieved but they didnt send it back. so i am in the mecry of those people who got my passport and it had been more than a week and they didnt send it although it wont cost them anything as i paid for its return. thats why i need somebody to go over and check with them or get their number so i can call them.

the egyptian consulate should have their mail forwarded - check if they did. if yes, this means the post office made a mistake in delivering it at the old address - it should have been automatically rerouted to the forwarding address at the mail sort center. if that's the case, the post office should retreive the package for you as it was wrongly delivered.

i guess what you're asking is if somebody on the board would go to an address and knock on some strangers door and ask about your package, right? you're saying these people are private individuals who are renting the property and they have nothing to do with the embassy? well, you could try asking the egyptian embassy to do this for you - perhaps your package wasn't the only one.

[This message has been edited by ExptinCAI (edited 10 July 2004).]

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BahYBasha
Member # 4522

Rate Member
she loves me not!

annie_81
Member # 4149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for annie_81     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi,
yes im still posting, yes i live in Montreal!!! :-)
I read a similar post on another forum. Somebody went to pick up somebody else``s passport at the old adress (on cote des neiges I believe) but the guy who now lives there says he fowards all the mail to the new consulate at place ville-marie.

Posts: 370 | From: Montreal, Canada + World expat | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BahYBasha
Member # 4522

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for BahYBasha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
she loves me !

annie_81
Member # 4149

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for annie_81     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I cant post the link, I dont even remember on which forum it was. All I know is that its not a business at the old consulate, its an old man. He said (to the person who was writting in the forum) that he gets mail for them ALL the TIME. What did the new consulate say about that? Its too bad, I doubt they care much. each time i called to ask information they were always in a rush to hang up and the lady was SO MEAN!
The thing is, I dont mind dropping by if you post the old adress here but will the old man give me a package that isnt mine?

Posts: 370 | From: Montreal, Canada + World expat | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BahYBasha
Member # 4522

Rate Member
she loves me not!

BahYBasha
Member # 4522

Rate Member
Found my passport and i`ll be home soon.
thanks annie_81

BahYBasha
Member # 4522

Rate Member
double post.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com