EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Leaving Luxor

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Leaving Luxor
Kenzie
Member # 3519

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kenzie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The new law of leaving Luxor is now operating as it is in Sharm and Hurghada. If you have extended your visa to stay (stayed longer than a month) then you cannot leave on a charter airline. You must fly on a scheduled flight.

This law has been in Hurghada for a year and Sharm since May. My friend tried to leave on a charter airline on monday, bought the ticket and set of to the airport. Upon check in she was refused according to the new law.

Posts: 339 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for that information. It's worrying though.
Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People with residency VISAS cannot in fact fly out of Sharm anymore and have to go to Taba. There is so much confusion about this none of it makes any sense.

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DazedAndConfused
Member # 5216

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DazedAndConfused     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kenzie:
The new law of leaving Luxor is now operating as it is in Sharm and Hurghada. If you have extended your visa to stay (stayed longer than a month) then you cannot leave on a charter airline. You must fly on a scheduled flight.

This law has been in Hurghada for a year and Sharm since May. My friend tried to leave on a charter airline on monday, bought the ticket and set of to the airport. Upon check in she was refused according to the new law.

Any idea what the pupose of that law is...I don't understand the benefit the government sees in complicating matters in such a way.

Posts: 75 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bombay1
Member # 5213

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bombay1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
I got a tourist visa at Luxor aiport on arrival, then got a multi visit 6 month visa
in Luxor I then left the same day with Monarch without problem.

Posts: 53 | From: uk/Egypt | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bombay 1 - I think it relates to those that have been here for more than a month. Your entry stamp would show that. If you come straight in and go out again within that time then perhaps there is no problem.
Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com