EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » One State Solution? Edward Said do you hear me know?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: One State Solution? Edward Said do you hear me know?
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I subscribe to this magazine and this article is the first I had read in the recent edition of 'Mother Jones'.

I have longed for an answer to the occupation/genocide in Palestine for 2/3 of my life now. Read many good reads on political analysis of the situation and wonder what would I do to cope if this was ever to happen in America. It could, we have enough neo-conservatives and religious organizations that are starting to go for each others throats. For all you American-bashing Europeans and Little Europeans in kind, over the next century things could get ugly here. Something for you to look forward to.

I had read a few commentary volumes of Edward Said and his views seem to be the most accurate in my opinion. Yet the common knowledge of my fellow Americans is vague and distorted. It frightens me that I see so many similarities in the Knesset (for the most part) and the religious right that has political backing in this country. I love my nation and so does the 16% of naturalized citizens from non-European countries, most of them refugees. How will they respond to the eroding division between church and state? Do any of them know about Palestine, and if they do could their exceeding population base question the neo-cons when the time comes to take a stand?

Looky here: http://www.motherjones.com/news/dispatch/2004/11/11_471.html

Sooner or later these neo-cons will no longer be able to attack the defenseless overseas and will turn on their own peoples(fellow Americans). Abolistionists in England had spoke on the side of the Yankees before, during and after the civil war. Is it possible that by the time our society breaks down again (not our political system) that the world will watch in glee and pleasure? Would that be to see the neocons get there comingupense, or to see the multi-ethnic dream of equality erode, or to see a once colony finally decay.

Its strange to me how quickly the support for Isreal changed in the last 2 decades across the pond. American sounded like Europe in the 1950's in retrospect of the Palestinian situation. The 'British Mandate' was very misunderstood during the first 3 decades after WWII. During the late 1980's it became better understood. I am not British but could someone explain the change to me? Is it that more Palestinians had settled into east London during this time? Most of our Arab Americans are Christain and have been here in the USA for at least a century, and I understand that the migration of Arabs into the EU and Great Britain is more recent, is that possiby the answer?

Sometimes when a person lays some bare-naked questions out there and gets a ass-kicking by individuals who are so blantantly biased that their weak attributes and weak arguments gives way to and understanding of the more honest response that the ass-kickers refuse to acknowledge (say one thing mean the other).

So please read the article, spew your hate, attack 60% of my fellow country persons (including the naturalized immigrants who have been deluded into thinking that Palestinians and them have nothing in common) and I might be able to make sense of it in a slightly different way.

Otherwise Happy Ramadan, and long live Palestine.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com