EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Definition of Happiness

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Definition of Happiness
MohdAnwar
Member # 5528

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MohdAnwar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to open a new subject which is "defintion of the happiness" and what it means for eveyone of us to be happy and why?. by the way i am thankfull for Semsema cause she is the reasons to make me think to open this subject
Posts: 435 | From: Cairo | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sokarya@hotmail.com
Member # 5853

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sokarya@hotmail.com     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear MohdAnwar, from a mystic point of view, when the eidolon and the daemon are perfectly in tune with one another. In simple language when the body and soul are united as one. When the soul is happy with the body ON WHICH IT DEPENDS. Charlie.
Posts: 431 | From: luxor egypt | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SiN_iNN
Member # 5754

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SiN_iNN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wt's here after is part of another thread, That's a very interestiong topic

quote:
Originally posted by SiN_iNN:
I think it was Dostojevski who said: "people are unhappy because they don t know that they are happy." I love it!

Nike -

What's Dostojevski is trying to say ?
I think he is cheating him self. Take it this way,If u r happy and u know that u r happy then that makes u happy, but if u r happy but u dun know that u r happy then that makes u not happy.
The guy has lost a point of wt makes u happy in the first place,Cause realising that u r happy or not is a second stage based on being happy at the beging.dun u think that it makes more sense this way?
He is trying to put us in a loop that never ends, which is not the case.

What makes us happy that's the question, for sure those things that makes us happy differs from someone to another, Unless all of us are identicaly phsycologicaly structured and under the same conditions.

I think it's all about staisfing needs and reaching goals "needs & goals differs from one to another.

But setting a certain goal and achiving it or satisfing any of our needs doesn't certainly makes us happy too.Cause we could fall into the case of picking the wrong goal (We could be just thinking that it would make us happy).

Simply because you'll never know wt do u want unless u know who u r ?

It's all about introducing urself to urself, That's the first thing we do when we meet some1 for the first time.

Form my point of view it's the 1st thing that we should do. Which is something that most of had not done.

It's not personal between me and the guy u mentioned (his name is so hard to pronounce and remember) , It's as simple as with all respect to the guy i dun belive in his words.

I just have a one question to u.

who r u Nike ?

could u answer that one :P

Good luck to u all.

Posts: 140 | From: Cairo | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sokarya@hotmail.com
Member # 5853

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sokarya@hotmail.com     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sin Inn, Youve hit the nail on the head! I couldnt write a better response. Knowing thyself, and when the outside is on the inside, and the inside on the outside and the upside the down side when male is female and when female is male. Thats supposed to be when we enter the Kingdom of God, presumably thats eternal happiness. Wonder if MohdAnwar gets your response. He never gets mine. Charlie
Posts: 431 | From: luxor egypt | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SiN_iNN
Member # 5754

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SiN_iNN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like that most of us including me are alots busy to know our self.

It makes me sick,If that's the reality "Strange but true".

Posts: 140 | From: Cairo | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I wake up in the morning and I am so glad god has sent another day and I can't wait to get out of bed and get on with it...then I know I am happy. On days when I am not happy I just want to pull the covers over my head and stay there.

I guess happiness is just a magical feeling inside..when you have it you are bursting with energy and full of life...when it is not there everything feels like hard work.

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
germansara
Member # 5920

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for germansara     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sokarya@hotmail.com:
Sin Inn, Youve hit the nail on the head! I couldnt write a better response. Knowing thyself, and when the outside is on the inside, and the inside on the outside and the upside the down side when male is female and when female is male. Thats supposed to be when we enter the Kingdom of God, presumably thats eternal happiness. Wonder if MohdAnwar gets your response. He never gets mine. Charlie

Salamalekum, dears,

what is happyness ?
It's pretty easy....
everytime I am reading such replys I feel sooooo happy...
because once again I know that I am on the right way !!!
That's , buddys, a kind of happyness...

Salam
Sara

Posts: 909 | From: Germany/Egypt | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BMWBOY
Member # 5795

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for BMWBOY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all your posts are making me wonder alot...
It's really a great topic i wanted to talk about years ago.

Happiness

How do you know that you're happy?! What's the real feeling of happiness?!

I was searching for the real happiness.
Is it when you go out with your friends, loved one having a great time?
Is it when you see something funny and laugh out load? ...etc

I found it just simple.

The Real Feeling Of Happiness

- When you help people (Old or Young or Child) for doing something or solving a problem to these people, without waiting a return.
Then you hear this little word THANK YOU with a smile on their faces.
At that moment you'll feel the real happiness inside.

I'm sure You all felt it before but maybe you didn't notice.

BMWBOY

Posts: 10 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MohdAnwar
Member # 5528

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MohdAnwar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of the says about the happiness that u feel :-

1-Satisfaction with your relation with God
2-Satisfaction with your relation with people around u (family , neighbour, poor people,childs,...etc)
3-Satisfaction with yourself
4-Satisfaction with what u have

so simply it is happinees almost all of it Satisfaction

i would tell another meaning in another post

Posts: 435 | From: Cairo | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asiaq
Member # 4323

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for asiaq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happiness !!
Posts: 363 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MohdAnwar
Member # 5528

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for MohdAnwar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by asiaq:

Very good picture asiaq it tell a lot of things . I think if anyone want to feel happy for the moment he just can make some MEDITATION in this picture

Best Regards to u

sokarya@hotmail.com
Member # 5853

Rate Member
What about this for an Absolute: Happiness is something you dont want, then you have it! Doesnt that apply to everything? If you dont want a car, you have it! Charlie
asiaq
Member # 4323

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for asiaq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 363 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SiN_iNN
Member # 5754

Rate Member
quote:
What about this for an Absolute: Happiness is something you dont want, then you have it! Doesnt that apply to everything? If you dont want a car, you have it! Charlie

Come on i dun think it's applicable for anything not everything !!!!!

"We get happy when we have wt we dun want"
I realy dun get ur point,Wud u explain abit more.

asiaq
Member # 4323

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for asiaq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
happiness for mama
sokarya@hotmail.com
Member # 5853

Rate Member
Dear Sin Inn, Not to desire a thing is to be completely contented with what one has. It applies in my case since I dont want anything and there is nothing I want, then I must have everything. I live a life of relative poverty and therein lies the richness. Does this explain adequately? Charlie.
SiN_iNN
Member # 5754

Rate Member
quote:
Dear Sin Inn, Not to desire a thing is to be completely contented with what one has. It applies in my case since I dont want anything and there is nothing I want, then I must have everything. I live a life of relative poverty and therein lies the richness. Does this explain adequately? Charlie.

Yes it does explains, But that's a vey high level of slef satisfaction to be reached while being on our amazing earth.

sokarya@hotmail.com
Member # 5853

Rate Member
Just to add to that doesnt mean I CANT have it,because as I said Ive already got it! When I actually decide I DONT want something I occasionally go out and buy it just to prove that I didnt want it in the first place. Am I crazy or what? Charlie
SiN_iNN
Member # 5754

Rate Member
quote:
Just to add to that doesnt mean I CANT have it,because as I said Ive already got it! When I actually decide I DONT want something I occasionally go out and buy it just to prove that I didnt want it in the first place. Am I crazy or what? Charlie

Come on, It's not just that u r crazy. U r driving me crazy too.
Better see a shrink, Might help

sokarya@hotmail.com
Member # 5853

Rate Member
The moment I think I am sane, I go mad, when I think I am mental I am sane, whatever I think I am, I am not, and what I think I am not, I am. Does that make any sense to any of you at all? Charlie
Nike
Member # 5843

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Nike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The moment I think I am sane, I go mad, when I think I am mental I am sane, whatever I think I am, I am not, and what I think I am not, I am. Does that make any sense to any of you at all? Charlie

To me it doesn t make any sense, UAHHH!

Anyway, I think it s great when you are happy with what you have and you don t always want the things you don t have...
Otherwise you become slave of your own wishes

Posts: 207 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SiN_iNN
Member # 5754

Rate Member
quote:

Wt sense do u talk about ???

U r just putting things in oppositon, Trying to poof something to urself.
It's either u r confused or trying to confuse us.

sokarya@hotmail.com
Member # 5853

Rate Member
Nikes made it. I am not going to be religious, but philosophical! It is about resurrecting the higher-self and putting the desires of the ego down, for when one lives the other dies. It is not worth it to suffer pain wanting things that are not affordable, so if one looks to the higher self within, then one doesnt want these things anyway. It is not a trick or a play on words, it is a reality which is understood by those who know. When I am good I am bad, and when I am bad I am even better! (said by the famous Mae West) Maybe she understood. "Programming" which is MohdAnwars latest topic is not quite the same thing, though one could linguisticly programme oneself not to want something. With that method the result, if successful, is that you dont get it, but do in fact still want it! With the truth I apply to myself, I dont want it so much that to force it upon me would result in possible violence.
That is the extent to which I dont want. My landlord discovered that when he tried to give me new furniture for my flat. It was subsequently all removed and sent back from where it came. I am happy to sit on a chair with one leg missing and a life crammed solid with NOTHING. Perfect bliss!!! Now I know you will all WANT to think of me as mad, if not eccentric, but that is only your own intellect playing tricks on you. Charlie

germansara
Member # 5920

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for germansara     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heeello, Charly,

mabrouk, the first time you think clear, but until the dot of your first sentence only...

Nike made it.
He simply thinks like
a human with a good mind. He is easy and kind and he doesn't need to make anybody feel drowsy to understand.

But what about your forest of 'intellect'. What about all this nonsense...if I am good, I am bad, if I am bad I am even better...
It suits you perfectly,C. :-&
I am sure our intellect is not playing tricks on us...

Maasalama
sara

Posts: 909 | From: Germany/Egypt | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sokarya@hotmail.com
Member # 5853

Rate Member
Hello Germansara, Adoula gave a correct reply in your topic "what is the definition of intellect, and I gave an example as my answer to you.

Perhaps it might be helpful if I were to give you an example as to how you can apply all your intellect. If someone were to say to you "I do not feel well today" they are using the part of the intellect we call emotional (corporal, body)and if you were to reply "neither do I". That would also be an emotional response. But if you were to reply using your whole intellect, you might say: "I am trying to understand (mind or heart since they are synonymous)how you feel (emotional or corporal)and I want to help you (by your spirit)because I know (by the soul) what you are going through. So here, therefore, you have replied to an emotional (corporal, feeling) response using the whole intellect. In the first example of matching what the person said, you have not moved anything forward and are unlikely to help the individual with the problem, and as I know you like the Koran, in there in these circumstances, the holy word is "the blind that lead the blind will both fall into a hole" "Blind" means ignorance,and the "seeing" is knowledge, so the blind get out of their problem with knowledge, and that is how to help people using the Koran, or indeed the Bible also. Hope the question you asked is getting answered and how you can use it to advantage in your life. It really is not all that difficult and in the future you might be able to understand my funny way of speaking because you will know that when I make a statement I am using the spirit (that guides me) to get in touch with my mind (or heart) which then examines how I feel (corporal) about it (maybe gut reaction), and then I apply the soul (the knower) before giving a reply. That is why my answer to your question was the correct one. I had examined all my possibilities in the one reply, intellectually. Charlie.

Nike
Member # 5843

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Nike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Nikes made it. I am not going to be religious, but philosophical! It is about resurrecting the higher-self and putting the desires of the ego down, for when one lives the other dies. It is not worth it to suffer pain wanting things that are not affordable, so if one looks to the higher self within, then one doesnt want these things anyway. It is not a trick or a play on words, it is a reality which is understood by those who know. When I am good I am bad, and when I am bad I am even better! (said by the famous Mae West) Maybe she understood. "Programming" which is MohdAnwars latest topic is not quite the same thing, though one could linguisticly programme oneself not to want something. With that method the result, if successful, is that you dont get it, but do in fact still want it! With the truth I apply to myself, I dont want it so much that to force it upon me would result in possible violence.
That is the extent to which I dont want. My landlord discovered that when he tried to give me new furniture for my flat. It was subsequently all removed and sent back from where it came. I am happy to sit on a chair with one leg missing and a life crammed solid with NOTHING. Perfect bliss!!! Now I know you will all WANT to think of me as mad, if not eccentric, but that is only your own intellect playing tricks on you. Charlie

It was quite confusing, but I think I got it. (hope so...)

"when I am good I am bad and when I am bad, I m even better..."

Mae doesn t talk about being good humans, does she? She means, when we have plenty of luxus (which makes us believe we were well, but we aren t), we can t be as good (well) as if we have not much more than ourselves (which makes us believe we were bed, but we aren t)...? We are good when not needing more than being alive with body and soul and... wait, what was it? well, body, soul and heart... living the moment with our whole being instead of never being in this moment but always thinking about what we don t have... Right?
If we don t need anything, we couldn t be better...

Am even more confused now!!!

Posts: 207 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nike
Member # 5843

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Nike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by germansara:
Heeello, Charly,

Nike made it.
He simply thinks like
a human with a good mind. He is easy and kind and he doesn't need to make anybody feel drowsy to understand.

Maasalama
sara

am a girl

MohdAnwar
Member # 5528

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Nike:
am a girl

Welcome with a new sister

sokarya@hotmail.com
Member # 5853

Rate Member
Well, heres another one you can feast your intellect on: I am in this world, but I am not! Charlie
Nike
Member # 5843

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Nike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Well, heres another one you can feast your intellect on: I am in this world, but I am not! Charlie

Ok.
First question: who am I? Who am I really??
Second: what does it mean: "I am" ???
Third: what is this world? Can we notice everything about its essence with the few senses we have?
hmmm... confusing.
Let s just live right now right here and enjoy the moment

other reflection.
I am in this world, but I am not.
either I am not, as I don t live the moment with all my sense, with all my attention... as I wrote above.
or I am not cause all this "I am in this world" is illusion... which would be even more confusing!

Nike
Member # 5843

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by MohdAnwar:
Welcome with a new sister

with a new sister? didn t catch it
what do you mean??

sokarya@hotmail.com
Member # 5853

Rate Member
Hello Nike, yes, living in this world is an illusion. It is by appearances only that we exist, the reality is that we do not. Charlie
Nike
Member # 5843

Rate Member
quote:
Hello Nike, yes, living in this world is an illusion. It is by appearances only that we exist, the reality is that we do not. Charlie

Hi Charlie
Ok, lets assume that our life in this world would be an illusion...
Even in this case, the reality is (would be...) that we exist, but we aren t what we think we are, and things around are something else too.
As if we were actors playing a part and having forgotten that we are just on stage... we laugh and we cry, we play the part with body and soul and forget about who (or what) and where we really are.
(we are soul, body is stage...)

Nike

MohdAnwar
Member # 5528

Rate Member
quote:
with a new sister? didn t catch it
what do you mean??

You are my sister in humanity and Adam and eve , i was thinking you are a man not a woman so i say welcome to u, not containing any bad meaning .

Best Regard to u

Nike
Member # 5843

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Nike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MohdAnwar:
You are my sister in humanity and Adam and eve , i was thinking you are a man not a woman so i say welcome to u, not containing any bad meaning .

Best Regard to u

SiN_iNN
Member # 5754

Rate Member
quote:
Hi Charlie
Ok, lets assume that our life in this world would be an illusion...
Even in this case, the reality is (would be...) that we exist, but we aren t what we think we are, and things around are something else too.
As if we were actors playing a part and having forgotten that we are just on stage... we laugh and we cry, we play the part with body and soul and forget about who (or what) and where we really are.
(we are soul, body is stage...)

Nike

Nike -

You made, If it's an illusion then we exist. Question is wts the nature of our existence ?
That trigers some other query,Wts REALITY ? and wt makes REALITY real.

That reminds me with something i read few yrs ago,Till the very moment i didn't get it !!
"Existence can't make existence existence"
Author is a chiness man,Wrote it 1000s yrs ago.

Nike
Member # 5843

Rate Member
[QUOTE]Originally posted by SiN_iNN:
[B] Nike -

You made, If it's an illusion then we exist. Question is wts the nature of our existence ?

Dear SiN_iNN

I think, if this world is an illusion, we just can t know what reality is. I ve read many strange ideas, all very convincing and all in conflict one with another.
If this world is an illusion, we will be taught reality when it s time for us to learn it. Until than, we have to live our part of being simply human living in a strange world... there is no use to try to understand things which are behind our capacity of understanding. We just have to enjoy our very precious life.

Nike

SiN_iNN
Member # 5754

Rate Member
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by SiN_iNN:
[B] Nike -

Dear SiN_iNN

I think, if this world is an illusion, we just can t know what reality is. I ve read many strange ideas, all very convincing and all in conflict one with another.
If this world is an illusion, we will be taught reality when it s time for us to learn it. Until than, we have to live our part of being simply human living in a strange world... there is no use to try to understand things which are behind our capacity of understanding. We just have to enjoy our very precious life.

Nike

Dear Nike,

I think that trying to identify is major part of enjoying our very precious life

Don't quit over doughts and questions, As there is always something u may learn.

sokarya@hotmail.com
Member # 5853

Rate Member
I hope to be able to give some idea when we have a few more posts. Charlie
sokarya@hotmail.com
Member # 5853

Rate Member
If we get the religious question out of the way quickly, whether we are Moslem or Christian, In Adam we are non existent! Presumably there wont be any queries here. Oh I do hope not!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com