EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » A girl like me in a place like this...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A girl like me in a place like this...
Isis83
Member # 8438

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Isis83     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello all!
I'm a 21 y.o girl currently living in southern India. I have been here for almost a year but my original plans of living here are gonna be ditched in December! I want to try my "luck" in Egypt. I wanna study Egyptology. I'm aware of cultural matters and such things (in India I guess it will be more or less the same idea)...Any advice on whether or not it's a good idea to study there? Any info on Visa other than tourist? I hold a British passport! THANX!!

Posts: 94 | From: India | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egy_prince
Member # 2853

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for egy_prince     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Egypt is a good choice.You will like it alot. Good luck.
Posts: 471 | From: egypt | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Soum
Member # 4840

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Soum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you really beleive you can find your soulmate through the net???

Posts: 62 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Soum
Member # 4840

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Soum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry i reply to this message by mistake

Good luck , and enjoy your time in Egypt

Posts: 62 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemonspice
Member # 5667

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemonspice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The safest ideal way would be to find a job BEFORE u come to egypt, whether it's online or through a friend. Another choice is to come here on a tourist visa-which u can easily get at the airport for around 15 sterlings once u arrive. Then u can start looking here, which could be difficult if u donno where to start, or have no one to support u. Do ur homework; find out where ur staying, if it's a safe area for foreigners, if the job ur lookin for is common in egypt or not, and definitely always read the posts on ES! Good luck.
Posts: 604 | From: Cairo,Egypt | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Isis83
Member # 8438

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Isis83     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanx lemonspice for the advice! I'll look into everything...and of course continue reading the posts here!!
All the best!

Posts: 94 | From: India | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppy
Member # 3491

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Soum:
Do you really beleive you can find your soulmate through the net???

Doesn't the majority, who come here??? I believe they should perhaps consider renaming this forum 'EGYPTSOULSEARCH' LOL

Posts: 461 | From: Kelantan, Malaysia | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odiab84
Member # 8455

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for odiab84     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Isis83:
Hello all!
I'm a 21 y.o girl currently living in southern India. I have been here for almost a year but my original plans of living here are gonna be ditched in December! I want to try my "luck" in Egypt. I wanna study Egyptology. I'm aware of cultural matters and such things (in India I guess it will be more or less the same idea)...Any advice on whether or not it's a good idea to study there? Any info on Visa other than tourist? I hold a British passport! THANX!!

I think living in India before Egypt would be very useful to accept some cultural matters in Egypt. Because some people just decide to come and live in Egypt directly from Europe. so that's why they are culturally shocked.

Ofcourse it's should be obvious that the best place to study egyptoplogy is Egypt.
but unfortunately it's not that way. I think there are some universities where you can study egyptology but it's in Arabic.

I think it's impossible to study egyptology in English in Egypt. but you could check with the AUC (American University in Cairo)

You can just get a tourist visa from the airport. and then renew it from 'Mogamaa El-Tahrir' or get a residence. I don't think that it's a hard thing to do.

I'm sure you're gonna love the experience.

Posts: 149 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Isis83
Member # 8438

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Isis83     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanx so much odiab!
That's some very useful info! Gr8ly appreciated!
All the best to u!!

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Isis83:
Thanx so much odiab!
That's some very useful info! Gr8ly appreciated!
All the best to u!!

where are you arriving inshallah?

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Isis83
Member # 8438

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Isis83     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 7aya:
where are you arriving inshallah?

Hi! Planning to arrive in December...No definate date as of yet but my Indian visa expires Dec. 28 so it will before then!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com