EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » `When the past meets the presence

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: `When the past meets the presence
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So yesterday I saw this movie called "Birth", well it goes on and on about reincarnation and some parts of crazy scenes of child abuse. BUT the main subject of the movie, got my attention. First love..
Everyone of us here has had our first love where it mostly ended with a broken heart or lost them of other reasons.

My question is, if that first love should enter your life right now. How would you react? and why? would you give up your new life for that person? or just close the door at his/hers face and never open it again?

I know this is a very private subject. But its amazing what you may find out about yourself when you just think about these questions and about your life.
waiting for your views on this subject.

Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
before my fiance i've never been really in love because i was always very shy around men. but i did have crushes especially during university. the most memorable one was about this guy who was so popular in university. i liked him from first sight, i thought he was amazing. i was too shy to do anything about it, so it was very much one sided. anyway later i found out that he got engaged to another girl, and i was heartbroken. what's worse is he is a member of my family from far, so i had to watch the whole engagment with my own eyes and also hear about it nonstop from my family. no one knew how i felt.
anyway whats hilarious is i met that guy later and he had broken off and was single.and you know what? i realised that he was so bloody boring,and i wouldn't be with him if they paid me! what i wanted in a man when i was 18 is completely different than what i wanted when i was 21!
people change, and their ideas of an ideal partner also evolve. i think if most women had the chance to go back to their first love's they wouldn't.

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FIRST LOVE
(lyrics and music by James Seals and Eddie Brown, 1980)
From the album THE LONGEST ROAD (1980).

Everybody has a first love, they have left in yesterday.
Feelings they have left behind, it's just a place in time but not so far away.
Everybody has a first love, when the dream they shared was new.
I remember that special someone, so I wrote this song just for you.

First love in my life. Where are you tonight? I wonder about you.
First love in my life. Did things turned out alright? I worry about you.
'Cause I've got everything, everything in life that I wanted.
It would kill me now and make me sad to know you are lonely.
First love never dies.

I wish you love, I wish you happiness. And may the years be kind to you.
You'll always be a part of me, share this thought with me. I'll carry you always.

First love, first love never dies. Remember
First love, first love never dies. I tell you
First love, first love never dies. Remember
First love, first love never dies. Whoa. . .

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
penelope
Member # 7434

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for penelope   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well sara, a v. interesting topic , I think that if my first love came now I won't accept to leave my new life for his sake after all it was my own choice, it might be wrong & it might be right but in all cases I've made a decission & ready for what comes after it, I'll take that responsibility, besides I usually don't say yes to what or whom I've said no before.
u know what I've a certain beleif that there r some dreams that if came true would turn into nightmares, first love is one of them, it might be strong & sweet but at the same time based only(usually) on the heart, there is no place for reason.
so in a word if my first love came now I won't leave my life to go with him, but still I won't insult or hurt him, I'll try to be as nice as possible when explaining to him that what happened was in the past now we r in the present, & I don't think that both could meet.

Posts: 219 | From: cairo, egypt | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scarlet water
Member # 8185

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for scarlet water     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was blindly in love with a guy for 3 years,i was 14 and he was about 19,of course he took me as a friend only,but deep in my heart i was dreamin ab our life together.he is very nice person,and he never hurt me.i don know why i was so in love with him,i didn meet my friends,other guys,whatever,all i was thinkin about was him.
now am almost 21,and now i don think of him at all,he was married,then he got divorced,he has 2 years old son,sure i want him to be happy,but i would never leave my present life for his sake.coz a lot of things have changed in my life,which r very important for me.
i think we should go on with our life whatever happens,and never look back.
anyway i believe that life goes as it supposed to go.

Posts: 120 | From: egypt,cairo | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluesky05
Member # 8627

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluesky05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi... interesting question... but.. the answer is so simple... ;-) i always say there is a REASON when people don't stay where they are.. my first big love made a cut with me without giving me explanations.. i felt down such a long time.. i would never ever want to be with him again..i couldn't trust him anymore. when times pass by you see things much more clearly in front of your eyes.. thanks god!!
Posts: 9 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ngeg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm..I was in love with my bestfriend for four years..Then I grew up! and he grew old!

If he should come back..oh no, I hope never. Now after all this time I have changed so much I won't recognise why I thought i was in love with him in the 1st place!!!

And why come back? No way. Why crash his plane on my life? I wouldnt be surprised to encounter more damage at the end of the day!

Posts: 1813 | From: Cairo | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Assalamu alaykum ngeg!

Good to see you again. Are you back in Cairo or just visiting ES?

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ngeg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Walaikum al salam warahmato allah wabarakatoh...

Im still travelling the world Alhamdulelah.

Oh I thought none of the ppl I used to talk to 3 yrs ago on ES would be still here. Mashaallah, amazingly good memory..
It's good to be back

Posts: 1813 | From: Cairo | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow, its so interesting to hear about your experiences. I am happy that you guys are happy with your lives.

You see the girl on the movie, she couldnt forget him.he died in an accident in ten years she was thinking about him! while she was grieving over that man, there was another man who loved her more than anything and was waiting for her all those years just to get a date with her. and finally they started dating and was going to get married, and suddenly someone plays a prank on her and makes her believe that her first love was reincarnated into a ten year old boys body. It was so crazy, She belived it to be true, and forgot everything about her fiancee and was prepared to even escape with that little boy. while that first love she wanted so badly, was a man that was rearly at home, and had a lover at a side. strange huh?
How ppl like to go after things that they either lost or they belive still not found and forget what they have.

[This message has been edited by Serendipity (edited 13 August 2005).]

Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
penelope
Member # 7434

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for penelope   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes sara some ppl do forget what they have, but others remember v. well & thank God for what they have but still can't lead a happy life cauz some ppl try to take what they have. like the man in the movie he really loves her & appreciates her, but some one is trying to steal her & she would dumb that great man for that unworthy lover.
Posts: 219 | From: cairo, egypt | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Soum
Member # 4840

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Soum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am a friend of Soum, like to share my exprience with you

First Love!!!
if i have chance, i will never go on this relation at all
i regret it to date
He broke up 6 times, i was pregnant and found no one next to me, he was abroad enjoying his time with someone else.
he deserve a guillotine

Posts: 62 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Soum:
I am a friend of Soum, like to share my exprience with you

First Love!!!
if i have chance, i will never go on this relation at all
i regret it to date
He broke up 6 times, i was pregnant and found no one next to me, he was abroad enjoying his time with someone else.
he deserve a guillotine

Hi, I am sorry that you had to deal with such an irresponsible person. how old is your baby now? and I hope things are better now.

Soum
Member # 4840

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Soum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i got rid of the baby (miscarriage)

where is his father???

Posts: 62 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

where is his father???

So you mean you had an abortion willingly?

Because miscarriage means well you lost the baby because of pregnancy difficulties.

And are you Egyptian? If you aborted the baby, did you do this inside Egypt?

I had a friend who flew to Holland to have the abortion done there. The child if delivered would have only been three months younger than my oldest child today.

[This message has been edited by Tigerlily (edited 16 August 2005).]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[This message has been edited by Corvinous (edited 17 August 2005).]

Posts: 3903 | From: The Moon | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
penelope
Member # 7434

Member Rated:
I was just thinking about that, what do u mean sara? the true love or the first one, cauz usually the first one is not the true one but rather a false one, being too young at that time.
Soum
Member # 4840

Rate Member
Tigerlily,
I am egyptian, i mean abortion, it was 6 years ago in at hospital inside Cairo.

you know it hurts me when i remember these days, it was hardtime to go alone to the hospital and find that the DC did nt like to do it because i look so young (22 years old) and i begged him .....
you know the ex bf is now married and i think about kids.

Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
quote:

where is his father???

Oh I am sorry to hear that. Some ppl are just selfish creatures, that cant think of only what good do them good and not what they can do good to others.
But I am happy that he went away, I am sure your life would have been worse with him. Cause he apparently is not a good man!

Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Corvinous:
I guess, First Love here is another name for True Love, in case I am right, then I dare to say that the True Love is a lacking part of human mentality that people are not normally aware of its lacking untill they find it, only people with great souls feel its lacking all the time..... building on that, I guess taking a sharp U turning in ones life specially when it is for the sake of that love, that should be discussed with That True Love him/herself and then or before it or with it if possible... prayers.

I hope I have said something meaningful.

I am sorry Corvinous but I disagree, I belive that true love doesnt come in the way we tend think of it. True love is after a long and hard battle, where you have been through lots of tribulations. Where you got to see you rpartner with all their faults and you still loved them. Where you got through many trials and tribulations and you even felt lost at times, but at the end find eachother on the middle way again.
I believe that true love is when even things seem hopeless, you still try and you still try to comfort your partner even if you are suffering yourself.
Its about sacrifice, honesty, support and always telling your partner "you arent alone, cause we are one, and no matter what destiny may lead us through we will always in the end be one". But again thats my thinking I could make a movie out of this you know

river_0f_l0ve
Member # 8638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for river_0f_l0ve     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think this is not a real love, cuz the real love never be converted to feel boring from a person u do love

it is the bright of reputation, each gurl loves to be close the most famous guy in her place, wheter university, family, club and so on

it is same for guys they do love to be close by the most famous gurl...

quote:
Originally posted by 7aya:
before my fiance i've never been really in love because i was always very shy around men. but i did have crushes especially during university. the most memorable one was about this guy who was so popular in university. i liked him from first sight, i thought he was amazing. i was too shy to do anything about it, so it was very much one sided. anyway later i found out that he got engaged to another girl, and i was heartbroken. what's worse is he is a member of my family from far, so i had to watch the whole engagment with my own eyes and also hear about it nonstop from my family. no one knew how i felt.
anyway whats hilarious is i met that guy later and he had broken off and was single.and you know what? i realised that he was so bloody boring,and i wouldn't be with him if they paid me! what i wanted in a man when i was 18 is completely different than what i wanted when i was 21!
people change, and their ideas of an ideal partner also evolve. i think if most women had the chance to go back to their first love's they wouldn't.

Posts: 696 | From: egypt | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Soum
Member # 4840

Rate Member
'But I am happy that he went away, I am sure your life would have been worse with him. Cause he apparently is not a good man!'

in fact, what happen now is the worth, because in Egypt, this is not accepted, i think if got married him and then get divorced will be better than my current situation.

i am facing now other problems; lack of self confidence, i am disappointed , pessimistic etc. feels that God will never forgive me and my life will have no more sense
most of Egyptian men will nver accept me as i am now, and after this opration i cant bear going to hospital and do 'cortage opration' to please the egyptian man

river_0f_l0ve
Member # 8638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for river_0f_l0ve     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you are lucky that you got aboration, cuz many gurls nowdays have a kids, and then they throw them in street or beside hospitals and so on...

but let me tell u it wasnt a love

quote:
Tigerlily,
I am egyptian, i mean abortion, it was 6 years ago in at hospital inside Cairo.

you know it hurts me when i remember these days, it was hardtime to go alone to the hospital and find that the DC did nt like to do it because i look so young (22 years old) and i begged him .....
you know the ex bf is now married and i think about kids.

Posts: 696 | From: egypt | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
river_0f_l0ve
Member # 8638

hey, Soum
i feel you so deeply, and i will tell u something, someday i loved a gurl, but will u feel strange if i said, she who was pushing me to have love with her (i mean on bed). i really refused completely cuz i was afriad to let her pain in future, yeah our feelings were so rush, but i really barely controlled them, not for me but for her....

anyway i have no sister, if u dont mind to be that sister to me i will be glad

quote:
'But I am happy that he went away, I am sure your life would have been worse with him. Cause he apparently is not a good man!'

in fact, what happen now is the worth, because in Egypt, this is not accepted, i think if got married him and then get divorced will be better than my current situation.

i am facing now other problems; lack of self confidence, i am disappointed , pessimistic etc. feels that God will never forgive me and my life will have no more sense
most of Egyptian men will nver accept me as i am now, and after this opration i cant bear going to hospital and do 'cortage opration' to please the egyptian man

Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
quote:

Girl I know it is very hard in an egyptian society. But you have to be strong, you cant take in all this regrets. Ppl can talk about your life, but no one can live it for you! You have to take the courage and say what is done is done, and look God is all forgiving. i dont know if your muslim or christian. Both believe in forgiveness, as long as you regret it.
Dont care about what ppl will think, ppl will always something negative to talk about.
I know it may seem diff to move on and belive in yourself. But take it step by step. By blaming yourself all the time, you will only dig yourself deeper in. Pray if you believe in God. Think about what you can do now and forget the past. what is done is done, now is what YOU can do to be better!
dont wait for ppl to belive in you, cause you have to belive in yourself first to achieve anything at all.
And Egypt is not a small country, there are all kinds of ppl, and I am so confident that you will find someone who will love you with all his heart and take care of you. BUT that wont happen untill you take care of yourself!

wish you the best

river_0f_l0ve
Member # 8638

Welcome Back Ngeg

how are you, im new here i been here 2 days

hope see posts by u here

quote:
Originally posted by ngeg:
Walaikum al salam warahmato allah wabarakatoh...

Im still travelling the world Alhamdulelah.

Oh I thought none of the ppl I used to talk to 3 yrs ago on ES would be still here. Mashaallah, amazingly good memory..
It's good to be back

Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 3903 | From: The Moon | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Corvinous:
No dear, we don't disagree at all, I was just speaking about the start of the thought we have found true love and if you read my post well you will find that I said both partners must share those critical moments but I was not That optimistic to go untill they have been through hard examinations and proved their genuine feelings but Total Belonging, I just don't dare to think about it, too beautiful to dare have place in my imagination...... sorry but that is me, never think war is over and peace time has come unless as for a break to re-take war.....
By the way, "war" here means life without what you described here as partner, in the way you profiled his character through his actions and their timing......

But you go to war for a reason, a belief.
something that keeps you going on and never give up. and thinking about these things should be some of the reasons making you go to war. Cause war is not about surviving. Its about that the belief that you carry will live. That it will be carried on.
What makes you survive and LIVE not just survive is that you have these goals, yes of course sometimes you can be wound, but take a time to relax and then go back, dont give up. Cause if you gave up and I gave up. There will be nothing to live for, cause belief cant survive without humans as humans cant survive with out belief.

Too much philosophy right? I think I'll go and rest my head now. its getting heavy on thoughts!

Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

EFLVirgo
Member # 6264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for EFLVirgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love is on the way,
On wings of angels,
I know it's true,
I feel it coming through.

Posts: 372 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by EFLVirgo:
Love is on the way,
On wings of angels,
I know it's true,
I feel it coming through.

good morning dear
Can you belive I had to wake up at 8 oclock today! Thats unheard of!
I have heard this text before, who is it from?

EFLVirgo
Member # 6264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for EFLVirgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And a very good morning to you, too, sweety
So how many hours sleep did you get?
That's quite an old Celine Dion song. It just popped into my head as I was sipping my coffee and reading the posts here.

Posts: 372 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Soum
Member # 4840

Rate Member
Thanks for all of you,

i am still surviving, have no choice

Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by EFLVirgo:
And a very good morning to you, too, sweety
So how many hours sleep did you get?
That's quite an old Celine Dion song. It just popped into my head as I was sipping my coffee and reading the posts here.

hehe so you still think the same as your offline msg?
well I got 4 hours sleep! and you?

Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Thanks for all of you,

dont thank just keep living not just surviving

river_0f_l0ve
Member # 8638

I hope to be always beside...

i hope to reach the other side of beach safely, and honesty i respect u so much

quote:
Thanks for all of you,

eaasalam
Member # 8648

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for eaasalam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

quote:
Originally posted by Serendipity:
wow, its so interesting to hear about your experiences. I am happy that you guys are happy with your lives.

You see the girl on the movie, she couldnt forget him.he died in an accident in ten years she was thinking about him! while she was grieving over that man, there was another man who loved her more than anything and was waiting for her all those years just to get a date with her. and finally they started dating and was going to get married, and suddenly someone plays a prank on her and makes her believe that her first love was reincarnated into a ten year old boys body. It was so crazy, She belived it to be true, and forgot everything about her fiancee and was prepared to even escape with that little boy. while that first love she wanted so badly, was a man that was rearly at home, and had a lover at a side. strange huh?
How ppl like to go after things that they either lost or they belive still not found and forget what they have.

[This message has been edited by Serendipity (edited 13 August 2005).]

She didn't forget him in 10 years, she was crazy about him. She loved him so much and she stoped her life for him. However, he was cheating on her with the wife of his best man.
Ironic!

[This message has been edited by eaasalam (edited 06 September 2005).]

Posts: 98 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
didi_elsayed
Member # 4763

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for didi_elsayed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got to watch this film....
and sometimes the "first love" is just in our imagination,i call it ,to love the LOve,not the concrete person!Sometimes we are able to make ourself believe that we truely love,when its only strong attraction,and nothing real!
When i was little there was about maybe 3,4 times i was "in love"haha
I agree with 7aya,that if u have the chance to be close to the object of your desires and dreams,and u try to know him better,in 90% of the cases u got dissapointed,and ask yourself,what to da hell exactly i liked in him so much,he is empty headed,or complete idiot...or that was in my case,sure i was just a kid,but now when i am let say more old and wiser i can say that the real love never crossed my life since i met my husband,and it was all imagination,and desire to meet the love....which make us to make the silly mistake ,and fall to the wrong person!
So the teenage loves,even none of them was real!And as i love to say every bad for good,God knows best why the things just happen to us!

Posts: 1134 | From: NoNe oF uR BuSiNeS | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eaasalam
Member # 8648

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for eaasalam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TE]Originally posted by diana_ivanova:
[B]I got to watch this film....

Believe me... you do not want to watch it, In my opinion is a very bad film. As Serendipity described it in the very first paragraph.

[This message has been edited by eaasalam (edited 16 August 2005).]

Posts: 98 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

You got me all curious now about that movie to. Will send hubby off tonight to Blockbuster video rental.

Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
The only good about the movie is that Nicole Kidman Is a GENIUS actor.
Eaasalam, did you see the scene when they are at the Symphoni. And they focused on her eyes? WOW, you could feel the anxiety and confusion all from her eyes!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com