EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » My Vacation

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My Vacation
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

So after commenting some of the topics here (which may be hundred years old, bes ma3lish forgive me) I thought it was time to tell you my little fairy tale about my trip to "the land of the Nile".

Chapter 1:
So once upon a time in a land that they call "land of the Nile" where the sun draws her arms and shines all the land with its light and where the moon covers it with silken dark sky at night.
There at the airport of Cairo landed a family which consisted of 6 persons. The two cousins, the 15 year old Britney-Spears crazy-fan-Girl and the 13 year old Professor who has more complicated questions than Einstein himself. And The big Bodyguard the Brother, who the only thing he has to offer when there is a problem to solve is the very annoying words, “relax, just relax”. after that comes the Mother who is the head of the crew, and who, I don’t know how but can get the best deals everywhere she goes without saying anything more than “yallah ya hag!” and then we have the little 170 cm tall girl, which is me, the star of the show I come dragging behind them all, with all the tickets and passports and with no other thought in my mind, than my comfortable bed back in Norway and my heavenly pillow.
Our first surprise is our meeting with our usual taxi driver. You see this taxi driver is very special, he is a Ben laden- “Mini me”. he thinks that women should stay at home, wear burka and yes, NO perfume what so ever.Sweat is much better!! But strangely enough he likes us, even though I spend all my time walking around in Cairo till late at night and were of course using my Alexander McQueen perfume. He had this long, long beard that I am sure that if you search deep inside of it, you would find bats,hidden treasures, pirates and even drinks to go !
But this time something was strange about him, his famous beard was... GONE! Oh the humanity! His beard was gone! And suddenly for the first we could see his lips and see the colour of his eyes! (which was green by the way). And so here starts our journey through the land of pharaos and koshary.
But that I will leave for the next chapter :P enjoy this for now

Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hhehe sara looking forward to hear more! don't forget to mention the highlight of your trip, meeting me and EFLVIRGO!!
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EFLVirgo
Member # 6264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for EFLVirgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL, I wonder which chapter we'll be in 7aya?

[This message has been edited by EFLVirgo (edited 11 August 2005).]

Posts: 372 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chapter 2:
“Missing Cairo”

When you are in Cairo, you are busy shopping, or busy eating your Santa Fe Chicken from Hardees (God I miss it!), You will easily forget what is actually the glory of Egypt. We tend to spend our holidays shopping and eating that we don’t see the hidden beauty of it all.
Cause its only when you really open your eyes for real, that you see its magic.

The things that I missed most about Cairo, is how the trees on the roads leans its leaves over the roads to protect its people against the sun. As if they were guardians and protectors from all evil.
And how it can hide secrets which you can reveal, if you just be patient and look deeply into it.
Cause if you just take a second look, you will find that inside that single tree, there lives an entire population of diff kind of birds. Where if you listen good enough you can hear them mocking us humans, saying: “ You humans, you’ve reached so far in technology, made cars, airplanes, made bridges and roads. But you still can't seem to find the road to the heart of each other.”

How much you miss the Nile and its wave that whispers in your ear the history of mankind, And where if you look deep into it you will find hidden secrets about life. Secrets that will reveal to you the meaning of life, the value of tears, of broken hearts, of precious family and friends. And if you feel as if you have lost your soul sometime through the battles in your life, I am sure you will find it there deep into the Nile. Just be sure, when you visit the Nile, that your heart is open and your ears and eyes as well.

The wind, Yes and how much you miss the wind. While the sun shines and warms your soul, and sometimes the heat gets too much that the warmness that you feel inside your heart turns to flames. And then suddenly comes a cold breeze of wind, cooling your senses and your poor heart. Giving you comforting words, for the lost that you can not seem to find, and for the hurtful words you hear from the fearful souls of humankind.
Where it gives you hope, for there will always be life as long as the Nile still whispers it secrets to mankind.

and soon to be continued with chapter 3

Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubles101
Member # 4543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troubles101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Serendipity:
Chapter 2:
“Missing Cairo”

When you are in Cairo, you are busy shopping, or busy eating your Santa Fe Chicken from Hardees (God I miss it!), You will easily forget what is actually the glory of Egypt. We tend to spend our holidays shopping and eating that we don’t see the hidden beauty of it all.
Cause its only when you really open your eyes for real, that you see its magic.

The things that I missed most about Cairo, is how the trees on the roads leans its leaves over the roads to protect its people against the sun. As if they were guardians and protectors from all evil.
And how it can hide secrets which you can reveal, if you just be patient and look deeply into it.
Cause if you just take a second look, you will find that inside that single tree, there lives an entire population of diff kind of birds. Where if you listen good enough you can hear them mocking us humans, saying: “ You humans, you’ve reached so far in technology, made cars, airplanes, made bridges and roads. But you still can't seem to find the road to the heart of each other.”

How much you miss the Nile and its wave that whispers in your ear the history of mankind, And where if you look deep into it you will find hidden secrets about life. Secrets that will reveal to you the meaning of life, the value of tears, of broken hearts, of precious family and friends. And if you feel as if you have lost your soul sometime through the battles in your life, I am sure you will find it there deep into the Nile. Just be sure, when you visit the Nile, that your heart is open and your ears and eyes as well.

The wind, Yes and how much you miss the wind. While the sun shines and warms your soul, and sometimes the heat gets too much that the warmness that you feel inside your heart turns to flames. And then suddenly comes a cold breeze of wind, cooling your senses and your poor heart. Giving you comforting words, for the lost that you can not seem to find, and for the hurtful words you hear from the fearful souls of humankind.
Where it gives you hope, for there will always be life as long as the Nile still whispers it secrets to mankind.

and soon to be continued with chapter 3

If you go this way with detailes it gonna be like mosalsalat ramadan I like it really. speaks of how a sensitive person you're.

Posts: 1732 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Troubles101:
If you go this way with detailes it gonna be like mosalsalat ramadan I like it really. speaks of how a sensitive person you're.

I agree with Troubles. Your words are really creative -- I don't just read them, I feel them. Please keep writing...

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
penelope
Member # 7434

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for penelope   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dear sara, r u sure u r going to ireland to study medicine? u don't seem like a doctor speaking , why don't u try literature, one day u might be a famous writer
Posts: 219 | From: cairo, egypt | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EFLVirgo
Member # 6264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for EFLVirgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your words really do touch the heart, my friend. Please keep writing.

Looking forward to reading Chapter 3!

Posts: 372 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EFLVirgo
Member # 6264

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by penelope:
dear sara, r u sure u r going to ireland to study medicine? u don't seem like a doctor speaking , why don't u try literature, one day u might be a famous writer

Hey Penelope, how are you girl? Long time no see, hear, etc.

Yousef Idriss was a doctor, so I guess she could still study medicine and be a famous writer.

[This message has been edited by EFLVirgo (edited 12 August 2005).]

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mashallah sara your writing is beautiful
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
penelope
Member # 7434

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for penelope   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi EFLVirgo, sorry dear but I've been busy with the kids, as usual . looking forward to hear ur voice b4 I leave, I'm leaving next friday so I guss won't be able to see u girls b4 leaving, let's make it after returning, ok??
Posts: 219 | From: cairo, egypt | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EFLVirgo
Member # 6264

Member Rated:
I'll drop you a line tomorrow enshallah and hope you have a super time in Alex.
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Troubles101:

I love mosalsalat ramadan!!!
Yeah I am one of the sentimental fools

Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Snoozin:
I agree with Troubles. Your words are really creative -- I don't just read them, I feel them. Please keep writing...

Thank you Snoozin, I really appreciate that you liked it. it means much to me, since at this point I am a bit confused about if I should continue my dream of writing or stop it since it seems hopeless. thanks again

Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
quote:

Hey Penelope, first how are you? and how are your children? I miss you really very much.
About me being a doctor, well I dont think i can live with myself if i cant do something physically with helping other ppl. and the most important in a persons life is health, so whats better then being a doctor and really reaching out your hand to help
and about my writing, well I dont know how far I will get with that, maybe you guys will be the only ones who will see anything of my writings. But I hope that at least in my lifetime that I will be able to write and finish one book. Thanks for your words, it means a lot coming from you my friend.

Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
7aya and Eflvirgo, thanks for your comments, inshallah the chapter about you gus will come soon
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
i bored you guys, didnt i. sorry for that

[This message has been edited by Serendipity (edited 15 August 2005).]

EFLVirgo
Member # 6264

Member Rated:
Hey, why did you delete Chapter 3? I actually just popped in to ask for Chapter 4. Waiting for it.
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Awwww thats really sweet of you to say! I thought you guys got bored from it so i deleted it. But thanks for the sweet words girl! *big hug*
EFLVirgo
Member # 6264

Member Rated:
They're not supposed to be sweet. I demand Chapter 4!!! And the return of Chapter 3!
Troubles101
Member # 4543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troubles101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
i bored you guys, didnt i. sorry for that

[This message has been edited by Serendipity (edited 15 August 2005).]

ah I missed 7alaqah 3! tab momkin el i3ada beta3at issa3ah 11 il sob7 ? aw 7atta molakhass?

Posts: 1732 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
penelope
Member # 7434

Member Rated:
hey sara, it's not ur right to take away those sweet words u wrote from us, we do need to read something nice & romantic like that , PLEASE don't delete anything again, & keep on writing.
about my kids they r fine thank God, & driving me crazy as usual , how r U doing? still busy? what about ur family? hope to hear from u soon.

Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Aww thats really sweet guys! I will inshallah write chapter 4 today.

Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[This message has been edited by Corvinous (edited 17 August 2005).]

Posts: 3903 | From: The Moon | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
penelope
Member # 7434

Member Rated:
corvinous u can't turn ur life into a war, yes there have to be fights but also there should be some peace, this will be more humane, sensetivity is a great thing, ppl shouldn't be afraid of it, or say they don't have time for it, try eading a romantic novel & tell me how do u feel.
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Serendipity when work is so busy it is hard to find time to post much here but I have so much loved reading your chapters at the end of a busy day. Please keep them comming. Your words about the Nile in Chapter 2 really touched me, I have so many special memories of the Nile in fact some of the best days of my life and you bought them back to me.

Thanks Penny

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
river_0f_l0ve
Member # 8638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for river_0f_l0ve     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Sara, your sound is so pretty i did not hear it but i do hear its sensistivity through your word, so flood us much emoitions which we do miss it...

The life is so close, the emoitions become a name looking for the sound of being there on the ground of dreaming no way. where is it my dreamer ground, where is it the sound of life. the nature of being nature, the evil inside us when it will escape. i am here but not exist, im looking but have found by anyone yet. the nature is whispering, the birds are calling. do u hear this sound, the birds are speaking, on the a tree i wrote my life on. they carve the emoitions of being be a human on the heart of the life.

the wind is whispering me, when it pass by me shiver my body refresh me, with a breeze of day. and smell of the rose on this side of way, with a butterfly is flying around there, lonly rose with lony butterfly is it a kind of soul missing a life, is it a life missing emoitions.

where is our road, i miss this road, of being there on the soul road, eyes link like there is a bridge. hands sheak falling each pain with each time hands rocking. the nature cries, of the beauty of the inside the life, when a ppl missing this life. while the nile is feed us with this life, when its waves rock its sides, i am the nile wild keeping ppl i like, defense them as they are beside,.....

AAAAH, the emoitions has no end, but it is exit, so enrich it

Posts: 696 | From: egypt | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
thanks for the support all It really encourages me. (specially when I often dont belive in my work!)
Chapter 4 is on its way...

Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Corvinous:
Sorry, I don't mean to add sarcasm to it, but me I am waiting for the Last Chapter... I did not allow myself to go further than a couple of lines, it is like I don't dare for it is so sensitive, too sensitive for people who are intending to take a fight and through behind their backs things were checked "hopeless"...

Waiting for The Last Chapter ... with stolen hope...

Why hopeless?

Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 3903 | From: The Moon | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
quote:
In this case I need to state a full profile of a 30 years aged man's life ....

and why not?? dont you see that I am doing it? chapter 1 and 2 and 3 which i deleted
its fun to read about someone's life and thought! not to mention the writer to accomplish the ability to understand itself more.

Corvinous
Member # 6578

Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
quote:
Accepted ???

hmmmmmm let me think...
Yeah sure. BUt remember I DONT FORGET!

Corvinous
Member # 6578

Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Chapter 4
“A wounded heart”

Once upon a time in the land where the wealthy are blind and the poor are ghosts.
Lives a child with no shoes on his feet and no protecting seal around his heart. Where his tears aren’t as precious as the girl who cries over a doll she saw on the store.
Where his pain is not seen as the pain that spoiled secretary gets from her back.
Where the sweat that pours down from his face is not equal as the sweat from one doing Aerobic at the gym. Where people cross him by and look at him as a terrifying ghost that they wish they had never seen. Where when he lifts his hand where he carry his flowers which seems to be fading away, just like his soul. Asking people to buy them. But he doesn’t look at them. He knows what they will say and what they will not say.
As he stands there in the middle of road where he the cars to be like monsters pushing him from one side till the other. And as the heat burns away every hope of getting to have a childhood memory.
As he sees the children driving in the car, clean and happy. With their mother and father beside them sheltering them from his sight. And he just stands there in the middle of the war zone. With no weapon left to defeat with. No flag to lift up. Tears starts to slide down his cheek. And when people see him they tend to say, this is life, nothing we can do. And he becomes invisible to this world.

This as you noticed is not a typical story. I don’t know if there will be any happy ending story for this boy. This boy I saw one day when we were on the road to medinat nasr from West il balad. Asking us to by his flowers. And I saw his eyes, his eyes which seemed so empty and still so full of pain. I didn’t tell anybody about this boy and even though he really touched my heart I acted as if nothing was wrong.
The next time we were on our way buying some shoes for me, and near Ramses mall, I see him again, and this time I see him crying. And suddenly I was filled with pain. The way he looked, Oh my God, he was so full of despair, that he didn’t even bother to lift his hands to sell us his flowers.
And I am sitting there, in the taxi thinking of how selfish I am, thinking about buying shoes which I don’t even need and will use only once or twice. While this child doesn’t even have shoes on his feet.
And as I never cry in public. This time when I reached the mall we were going to, and my brother saw that something was wrong with me. I bursted in tears. Then my whole family, my mother and my uncle, aunt and their children and my two brothers and cousins all comforted me.
But who comforts that child? Who gives him a warm hug? Who tells him tomorrow will come and bring you hope.
I still remember that boy and I still cant stop my tears from falling down for him.

God I have no one but You to beg, and no one but You listen.
I have no one but You to ask and only You can answer.
Give the lost souls a home to return to, Cause You are The Giver.
Wipe the tears of the ones who cant stop crying, Cause You are The Most Strong.
Comfort those who are left alone, Cause You are The Comforter.
Protect those who has no seal to protect their heart, Cause You are The Protector.
Give them faith, when darkness seems to haunt their lives, Cause You are Ghe Guardian of Faith.
Give them strength when they are weak, Cause You are The Powerful.
Find those who cannot find themselves, Cause You are The Finder.
Let them find comfort in You, Let them find kindness in you which they couldn’t find on earth, Cause You are The Protecting Friend.
Give them an ocean of Love, which they could not get from human beings, Cause You are The Loving.
And when the moments come and they leave this earth, Give them peace which was not found on this world full of wars, cause You are the Source of Peace.

Ameen

[This message has been edited by Serendipity (edited 17 August 2005).]

Leila
Member # 8539

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leila     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Serendipity you write so beautifully.. your words are so sensitive and sincere they really brought a tear to my eye. The sad thing is there are thousands of others like that poor little boy. You know, there are orphanages in Egypt that are supported soley by people who provide financial support for the children that are schooled and looked after there to save them from a fate like the boys. It's nice to know there are other people like you that care
Posts: 201 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Thank you Snoozin, I really appreciate that you liked it. it means much to me, since at this point I am a bit confused about if I should continue my dream of writing or stop it since it seems hopeless. thanks again

Please don't ever abandon the dream of writing! Writing is something I have always wanted to do. I love it. But I don't have a natural talent for it. You definitely have a wonderful natural talent for it. If you share it with us, you give us a great gift.

So please, I am selfish, please share.

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:
Chapter 4
“A wounded heart”

Once upon a time in the land where the wealthy are blind and the poor are ghosts.
Lives a child with no shoes on his feet and no protecting seal around his heart. Where his tears aren’t as precious as the girl who cries over a doll she saw on the store.
Where his pain is not seen as the pain that spoiled secretary gets from her back.
Where the sweat that pours down from his face is not equal as the sweat from one doing Aerobic at the gym. Where people cross him by and look at him as a terrifying ghost that they wish they had never seen. Where when he lifts his hand where he carry his flowers which seems to be fading away, just like his soul. Asking people to buy them. But he doesn’t look at them. He knows what they will say and what they will not say.
As he stands there in the middle of road where he the cars to be like monsters pushing him from one side till the other. And as the heat burns away every hope of getting to have a childhood memory.
As he sees the children driving in the car, clean and happy. With their mother and father beside them sheltering them from his sight. And he just stands there in the middle of the war zone. With no weapon left to defeat with. No flag to lift up. Tears starts to slide down his cheek. And when people see him they tend to say, this is life, nothing we can do. And he becomes invisible to this world.

This as you noticed is not a typical story. I don’t know if there will be any happy ending story for this boy. This boy I saw one day when we were on the road to medinat nasr from West il balad. Asking us to by his flowers. And I saw his eyes, his eyes which seemed so empty and still so full of pain. I didn’t tell anybody about this boy and even though he really touched my heart I acted as if nothing was wrong.
The next time we were on our way buying some shoes for me, and near Ramses mall, I see him again, and this time I see him crying. And suddenly I was filled with pain. The way he looked, Oh my God, he was so full of despair, that he didn’t even bother to lift his hands to sell us his flowers.
And I am sitting there, in the taxi thinking of how selfish I am, thinking about buying shoes which I don’t even need and will use only once or twice. While this child doesn’t even have shoes on his feet.
And as I never cry in public. This time when I reached the mall we were going to, and my brother saw that something was wrong with me. I bursted in tears. Then my whole family, my mother and my uncle, aunt and their children and my two brothers and cousins all comforted me.
But who comforts that child? Who gives him a warm hug? Who tells him tomorrow will come and bring you hope.
I still remember that boy and I still cant stop my tears from falling down for him.

Protect those who has no seal to protect their heart, Cause You are The Protector.
Give them faith, when darkness seems to haunt their lives, Cause You are Ghe Guardian of Faith.
Let them find comfort in You, Let them find kindness in you which they couldn’t find on earth, Cause You are The Protecting Friend.
Give them an ocean of Love, which they could not get from human beings, Cause You are The Loving.
And when the moments come and they leave this earth, Give them peace which was not found on this world full of wars, cause You are the Source of Peace.

Ameen

its funny you wrote about this now, because i had very similar emotions yesterday. i was doing some work in a very poor suburb, and all the children were wearing torn clothes, had bare feet. one particular child got my attention, he was covered all over in a red rash, that had ravished his skin. and the man i was talking to, just pointed at the child and said his parents dont have the money for medicine. it was so horrible. i stil can't get the image of that child out of my head.
when i first graduated, i worked in an NGO called hope village, that helped street children. every single one of them had a heartbreaking story. if you think his life in the street is sad, you can't imagine how sad his family life was. because its that family life that pushed him to run from home and seek the streets. one of the children was a 10 year old beautiful polite boy. his father told him to go out in the street and earn at leat L.E 10 or else he won't be allowed home. that boy had a rheumatic heart. another girl was kicked out of the house after both her parents divorced and remarried. another one was so poor she started working as a pimp when she was 10 years old! she'd find girls for her clients, mostly taxi drivers. and if she couldn't find a girl, she'd use one of her sisters, 13, and 16.
the problem is these children become so addicted to street life, after a while it becomes so difficult to convince them to go home. they always talk about its "freedom" no one to shout at them, order them, no school, or teachers who beat them.
i'm sorry i wrote this long post, but i'm very sensitive about this subject

best

Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 7aya:
its funny you wrote about this now, because i had very similar emotions yesterday. i was doing some work in a very poor suburb, and all the children were wearing torn clothes, had bare feet. one particular child got my attention, he was covered all over in a red rash, that had ravished his skin. and the man i was talking to, just pointed at the child and said his parents dont have the money for medicine. it was so horrible. i stil can't get the image of that child out of my head.
when i first graduated, i worked in an NGO called hope village, that helped street children. every single one of them had a heartbreaking story. if you think his life in the street is sad, you can't imagine how sad his family life was. because its that family life that pushed him to run from home and seek the streets. one of the children was a 10 year old beautiful polite boy. his father told him to go out in the street and earn at leat L.E 10 or else he won't be allowed home. that boy had a rheumatic heart. another girl was kicked out of the house after both her parents divorced and remarried. another one was so poor she started working as a pimp when she was 10 years old! she'd find girls for her clients, mostly taxi drivers. and if she couldn't find a girl, she'd use one of her sisters, 13, and 16.
the problem is these children become so addicted to street life, after a while it becomes so difficult to convince them to go home. they always talk about its "freedom" no one to shout at them, order them, no school, or teachers who beat them.
i'm sorry i wrote this long post, but i'm very sensitive about this subject

best

I have here a very important question to ask you 7aya, I have been told my heart is too full of anger and the best thing to do is to get busy and get myself lost and washed in a river of good actions beneficiary to others and that would re-direct the flow of energy into my heart to the positive building direction instead of the other way around.

I am so interested to know how I would have chance to join that NGO ????

Please I need that information and some advice about the thing in general.

Thank you.

penelope
Member # 7434

Member Rated:
quote:
Chapter 4
“A wounded heart”

Ameen

wish u never wrote that chapter sara, it reminded me how selfish & mean I am.

Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
quote:
wish u never wrote that chapter sara, it reminded me how selfish & mean I am.

Girl dont ever say that! You are one of the sweetest and with the kindest heart I have ever met! Dont ever feel that way!

Lonely
Member # 8661

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lonely     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Sara,

How are you doing, hope you are doing well, did you receive my eamil, i know you are busy these days, Rabena Ma3aki

Posts: 115 | From: Egypt | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nicole20
Member # 8703

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nicole20     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey i noticed that you worked for hope village..i have been trying to find contact info for them as i would like to volunteer can you hook me up with some info?

Posts: 48 | From: Cairo Egypt | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Lonely:
Hi Sara,

How are you doing, hope you are doing well, did you receive my eamil, i know you are busy these days, Rabena Ma3aki

Hey lonely! yes I got your mail..sorry for not responding..I am just a bit busy packing now. Going to travel on tuesday inshallah. But will reply to you before then.
How are you doing?

Lonely
Member # 8661

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lonely     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Serendipity:
[B]

i have fine el hamoudllelah, i had an interview today for a new job, hope it works, da3awatek

Posts: 115 | From: Egypt | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Nicole20:
Hey i noticed that you worked for hope village..i have been trying to find contact info for them as i would like to volunteer can you hook me up with some info?

yeah i worked for them. email me at yasminefathy@hotmail.com and ill give you all the numbers i have

best

Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
yeah i worked for them. email me at yasminefathy@hotmail.com and ill give you all the numbers i have

best

please, I have asked ya just that before ya 7aya, can i email ya to have the information about it ? are they UN affiliated ?

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:
please, I have asked ya just that before ya 7aya, can i email ya to have the information about it ? are they UN affiliated ?

yeah sure email me

Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
yeah sure email me

Thank you dear sister

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com