EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Women`s Personal Ads

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Women`s Personal Ads
The only Mahamadoca
Member # 9643

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for The only Mahamadoca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
40-ish Really means... 48
Athletic Really means... Flat-chested.
Average looking Really means... Ugly.
Beautiful Really means... Pathological liar
Educated Really means... College dropout
Emotionally Secure Really means... Medicated
Feminist Really means... Fat; ball buster
Free spirit Really means... Drug user
Friendship first Really means... Trying to live down reputation as sl*t
Fun Really means... Annoying
Good Listener Really means... Borderline Autistic
New-Age Really means... All body hair, all the time
Old-fashioned Really means... Lights out, missionary position only
Open-minded Really means... Desperate
Outgoing Really means... Loud
Passionate Really means... Loud
Poet Really means... Depressive Schizophrenic
Professional Really means... Real Witch
Redhead Really means... Shops the Clairol section
Reubenesque Really means... Grossly Fat
Romantic Really means... Looks better by candle light
Weight proportional to height Really means... Hugely Fat
Wants Soulmate Really means... One step away from stalking
Widow Really means... Nagged first husband to death

Posts: 31 | From: EGYPT | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MEN'S PERSONAL ADS
40-ish: 52 and looking for 25-yr-old

Athletic: Watches a lot of NASCAR

Average looking: Unusual hair growth on ears, nose, & back

Educated: Will patronize you all the time

Free Spirit: Banging! Your sister

Friendship first: As long as friendship involves nookie

Fun: Good with a remote and a six pack

Good looking: Arrogant

Very good looking: Dumb as a board

Honest: Pathological Liar

Huggable: Overweight, more body hair than a bear

Likes to cuddle: Insecure mama's boy

Mature: Older than your father

Open-minded: Wants to sleep with your roommate but she's not interested

Physically fit: Does a lot of 12-ounce curls

Poet: Wrote ex-girlfriend's # on a bathroom stall

Sensitive: Cries at chick flicks

Very sensitive: Gay

Spiritual: Got laid in a cemetery once

Stable: Arrested for stalking, but not convicted

Thoughtful: Says "Excuse me" when he farts.

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The only Mahamadoca
Member # 9643

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for The only Mahamadoca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow.. , that list looks bigger than mine.. [Smile]

--------------------
Those Who Are Afraid To Fall , Will Never Fly..

Posts: 31 | From: EGYPT | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin]

Sad part is both are often true..... [Eek!]

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
belly_wigggla
Member # 9626

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for belly_wigggla   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The only Mahamadoca:

Oops...when I read that post the first time I missed the word 'list'...ooo errr! [Wink]
Posts: 41 | From: Egypt | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*tigerman*
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *tigerman*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

THIS IS A WARNING FOR YOU JR..
Posts: 2691 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*tigerman*
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *tigerman*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

http://www.steffosborne.com/humor/personals.txt
Posts: 2691 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*tigerman*
Member # 9196

quote:

YOU GOT TO PUT THE SOURCE OTHERWISE IT IS THEFT
http://avaruusmies.com/jokes/english/399.html

*tigerman*
Member # 9196

quote:

http://www.sweetwishes.com/forward/forward/2003/personalad.html
*tigerman*
Member # 9196

quote:
Originally posted by countessa:
quote:

Oops...when I read that post the first time I missed the word 'list'...ooo errr! [Wink]

http://forums.speedguide.net/showthread.php?t=88353
*tigerman*
Member # 9196

quote:

http://www.danbala.com/dirck/lolv3/lolv3131.htm
*tigerman*
Member # 9196

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger,Tiger:
quote:

THIS IS A WARNING FOR YOU JR..

http://www.strangecelebrities.com/content/item/21764.html
The only Mahamadoca
Member # 9643

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for The only Mahamadoca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
okay okay , easy.. [Smile] ,
so, btw , what was the source of (how do uknow u r an egyptian?)

my source was
http://www.funpages.com/womensads

--------------------
Those Who Are Afraid To Fall , Will Never Fly..

maqam
Member # 9022

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for maqam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snoozin:
[Big Grin]

Sad part is both are often true..... [Eek!]

Are they? Have you ever replied to an ad like this?
Posts: 47 | From: Cairo | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*tigerman*
Member # 9196

quote:
okay okay , easy.. [Smile] ,
so, btw , what was the source of (how do uknow u r an egyptian?)

my source was
http://www.funpages.com/womensads

you still did not change your avatar... [Mad] [Confused] [Wink]
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheWesternDebt2Islaam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol....

i didnt realise mamahodaca had that avatar, I thought it was tiger tiger, talking to himself all that time... [Eek!]

my one and only Avatar rules [Cool]
havent seen anyone with it yet,,,and hope no-one copies me [Mad]

--------------------
--
here...
[url=http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0955020700/qid%3D1133898517/026-7853042-0414807= Recommended...![/url]

Posts: 2457 | From: U | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kamal211:
lol....

i didnt realise mamahodaca had that avatar, I thought it was tiger tiger, talking to himself all that time... [Eek!]

Lol, I thought the same.

Back to the subject: Thanks god I found my husband the 'natural way' by meeting him in real life - even if it was inside a pub. [Wink]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*tigerman*
Member # 9196

quote:
Originally posted by Kamal211:
lol....

my one and only Avatar rules [Cool]
havent seen anyone with it yet,,,and hope no-one copies me [Mad]

Yes Kamal...I know I'm crazy....but not that crazy yet.... [Wink]
daria1975
Member # 6244

quote:
Originally posted by maqam:
Are they? Have you ever replied to an ad like this?

Yes, I did a year and a half of internet dating before I met my fiance (yes I met him on the internet, but he lives in the same zip code).

Oh, the stories I could tell! [Roll Eyes]

The absolute weirdest was a guy who had a picture of a computer he built on his profile page, and he had named his computer *Mom!* TALK ABOUT ISSUES! [Eek!]

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Oh, the stories I could tell! [Roll Eyes]

The absolute weirdest was a guy who had a picture of a computer he built on his profile page, and he had named his computer *Mom!* TALK ABOUT ISSUES! [Eek!]

Oh my, there must be many wackos on the net. It sounds really frightening.

But even to date someone in the old-fashioned way
is full of surprises. After a while you see a clearer picture of the person (not always to your satisfaction) and you wonder what might else you are going to find out about the other and/or what's going to happen.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maqam
Member # 9022

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for maqam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Snoozin, you are brave! Although they do say that WAY more people in the UK internet date than confess to it. I would love to hear your stories one day....

I agree with you too, Lily - sometimes you just can't tell by looking, can you!?

Posts: 47 | From: Cairo | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

quote:
Originally posted by maqam:
Snoozin, you are brave! Although they do say that WAY more people in the UK internet date than confess to it. I would love to hear your stories one day....

Well, it seemed a good option. I didn't want to date at work, because a break-up there would be too uncomfortable. I didn't want to go to bars, because most people there my age (36 at the time) had drinking problems (I think of bars for younger people), or they just wanted immediate sexual hookups, which are NOT my thing. I joined a biking club (bicycle not Harley), but only met gay guys. ??? But they had GREAT legs! [Wink]

So, off to the internet. And yeah, I would say 85% of them were weirdos. But 15% were cool....although I didn't click with anyone for a long time. I was careful, because I'm well aware of the physical dangers of this, too.

Weirdos: (mind you, these are the ones who seemed normal and intelligent by mail and then by phone:

Went out with a very sophisticated guy once. He liked wine tasting and opera and travel. Excellent. He asked the waiter to get him a new napkins 4 TIMES during the meal! He was a clean freak and every time he used his napkin he needed a new one!

And he didn't tip! [Mad]

One guy invited me out for coffee, and I went. We met at a little coffee shop and sat there talking. Did he offer coffee? No. Did he get anything to drink himself? No. We sat in a coffee shop for an hour with no coffee! Was he on welfare? Did he think I would pay? [Roll Eyes]

One guy *insisted* we meet at a local (secluded) park for a bike ride. Duh...not some serial killer's next victim.

One guy -- after sounding completely normal on the phone -- met me for coffee and proceeded to immediately tell me he thought he was gay but had decided to date *straight* for a year to see if that really was the case! [Eek!]

One guy was worried *they* would find him. [Confused]

One guy -- whole conversation -- *my ex did this, my ex did that....I hated it when my ex did this. My *other* ex did this too! *You* aren't going to do that, are you?* (accusing stare).

One guy said he had had a restraining order placed against him by his ex-wife but that was just a misunderstanding. [Eek!] (they find out I'm a lawyer and they tell me all their legal stuff, even when it's bad).

daria1975
Member # 6244

quote:
Originally posted by Pink Lily:
Oh my, there must be many wackos on the net. It sounds really frightening.

But even to date someone in the old-fashioned way
is full of surprises. After a while you see a clearer picture of the person (not always to your satisfaction) and you wonder what might else you are going to find out about the other and/or what's going to happen.

None of it is easy, if you ask me. I don't *like* dating. I much prefer to be in monogamous long-term relationship. But if you don't date, how do you meet?
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ROFL snoozin! ROFL!!!!!!!!! I am glad that you managed not to give up hope!
Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Snoozing, your experiences seem like good stuff for a comedy. But if you are playing the lead part in search of "Mr. Right" it probably feels much different, disappointing, right?

Anyway, I really wish that the search is over for you now and btw, is the wedding date already scheduled?

daria1975
Member # 6244

quote:
Snoozing, your experiences seem like good stuff for a comedy. But if you are playing the lead part in search of "Mr. Right" it probably feels much different, disappointing, right?

Anyway, I really wish that the search is over for you now and btw, is the wedding date already scheduled?

Actually, it *was* funny! The entire time! I had my friends rolling on the floor each day when I came into work. Because I never got emotionally attached to any of them, so it never hurt....

January 1, hopefully. [Wink] This way I get fireworks every year on my anniversary.... [Big Grin]

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I didn't want to date at work, because a break-up there would be too uncomfortable. I didn't want to go to bars, because most people there my age (36 at the time) had drinking problems (I think of bars for younger people), or they just wanted immediate sexual hookups, which are NOT my thing.

I didn't date at work either. Most were just out of jail, didn't speak english or somehow married?!

What fustrated me the most is how I guy would ask me out and suggest that it be a dinner at his parents. I am somehow in some alternate reality the kind of woman you bring home to your mother. [Roll Eyes]

What fustrates me even further is after a few dates I get a marriage purposal. What makes things even stranger is the foreign born boyfriends take the longest to pop the question (save my husband it took him 5 months).

I never asked a guy out. I haven't had to call a guy until a few months into the relationship. Never had to deal with wondering eyes, but had to deal with mooches. Never met a guy in a bar, but plenty of times in a grocery store.

I think I have been extrodinary lucky. Not any disasters until now.

Still being single again scares the hell out of me. [Eek!]

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

quote:
Originally posted by sonomod:
Never met a guy in a bar, but plenty of times in a grocery store.

They always said a grocery store is a great place to meet nice normal single guys....but the only guy who ever talked to me in a grocery store was a spitting homeless man! [Eek!]

quote:
Originally posted by sonomod:

Still being single again scares the hell out of me. [Eek!]

I know. I spent all that time single and all my married friends said they would rather die than have to date again. If you ever end up single again, you will have your daughter, thank God. My brother, whose wife left him AND their son, took great comfort in having his little boy with him. And now he's moving on, dating again. [Smile]
maqam
Member # 9022

Member Rated:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Snoozin:
And yeah, I would say 85% of them were weirdos. But 15% were cool

This must be the pareto principle of internet dating!! Thank you for sharing your stories - they are really funny, you should record them for posterity...
Are you really getting hitched on 1st Jan? Congratulations. That's officially our first day in Egypt, so I will be thinking of you then [Wink]

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Ya, Snoozin, I am going to pop an extra bottle of champagne and will be thinking of you. All the best for your marriage. [Smile]
daria1975
Member # 6244

quote:
Ya, Snoozin, I am going to pop an extra bottle of champagne and will be thinking of you. All the best for your marriage. [Smile]

Thank you Lily. He's in Egypt right now, was supposed to come home today, and I miss him horribly. His dad is sick, both Alzheimers and Parkinson's it seems. He is trying to make sure his dad gets to appropriate doctors....and he won't be home until Wednesday.

How is your new little one? How are his older brothers adjusting to him? How are you feeling?

ShootingStar
Member # 9470

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ShootingStar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Snoozin. Sorry to hear about U's dad. How sad. I know you were looking forward to having him home today, but I hope his staying here in Egypt will help his dad's health even a little.

How exciting that there's a wedding date on the horizon. And January 1....there's a good chance he'll even remember your anniversary!

Posts: 118 | From: Egypt | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

quote:
Originally posted by ShootingStar:
Hi Snoozin. Sorry to hear about U's dad. How sad. I know you were looking forward to having him home today, but I hope his staying here in Egypt will help his dad's health even a little.

How exciting that there's a wedding date on the horizon. And January 1....there's a good chance he'll even remember your anniversary!

Thanks for the kind words. He's really bummed about his dad, and I feel helpless..this is way beyond anything I know...

Yes, originally it was supposed to be in July, on our birthday (we share a birthday). But considering my medical condition (upcoming surgery) and age, my doc told me if I want a child, I better start now! [Eek!] So it will just be a simple ceremony...hopefully we will be able to celebrate with friends in July.

Did you do anything for TG day? [Smile]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com