EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Fiance Visa - After the Interview, then what?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fiance Visa - After the Interview, then what?
ericka
Member # 7451

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for ericka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello,

In October 2005, my fiancé, who lives in Cairo, went on his interview to apply for a fiancé visa. All the paper work has been submitted correctly and the medical exam has been completed.

As of today, Monday, February 13, 2006, my fiancé and I have not received any notice stating if we were approved or denied the fiancé visa. What is worrying me the most, in October 2005, the Embassy/Consulate has taken my fiancé’s passport for Security Clearance (I am assuming).

I emailed the Consulate office inquiring about the passport and if this is the "normal" process to keep someone's passport out of his possession for so many months. The representative responded saying that the paper work has been forwarded to Washington's administrative office (United States)and they will give us an answer as soon as they hear something.

What I would like to know if there is a contact number to call an office about the status of the visa case AFTER the person (Beneficiary) has completed the interview? From what I have read, the passport should have only been taken for a few hours or a day and returned with the visa stamps if approved.

If anyone can provide any help if this situation has happened to yourself or anyone you know, I greatly appreciate the response(s).

Thanks so much for any information.

Posts: 10 | From: Staten Island, NY, United States | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann
Member # 106

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your fiancé could call the local number mentioned below (please see link below):

Contacting the Immigrant Visa Unit

You may contact us by any of the ways below. Please include your full name (as it appears in your passport) and case number if you are making a case-specific inquiry. If you are sending us documents, please see submitting documents to the IV Unit.

Telephone
Our Cairo Call Center handles general questions, responds to case-specific inquiries, and schedules appointments for certain services (but not visa interviews). The number is 0900-70600. You may only call from a land line in Egypt to reach this number, and you will be charged a small fee. You may also call 2100 from a Vodafone mobile in Egypt.

ConsularCairo@state.gov

Mail
Consular Section, IV Unit
Embassy of the United States of America
5 Latin America Street
Garden City, Cairo
Egypt

http://egypt.usembassy.gov/consular/iv010.htm

Posts: 316 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ericka
Member # 7451

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for ericka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Ann for your response. I really appreciate it. My Fiance has called that number, but the representatives there at the Embassy didn't give him much information. They just said they will inform us when they hear something. But we will keep trying. Thanks again.
Posts: 10 | From: Staten Island, NY, United States | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Still-Learning     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, if i was in the same situation your fiance is in i would hate it so much.
Being treated like sh*t like this, i'm sure they suspect he is a terrorist or something.
It's definitely not normal, something is being checked.

Posts: 1473 | From: France | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ericka:
Hello,

In October 2005, my fiancé, who lives in Cairo, went on his interview to apply for a fiancé visa. All the paper work has been submitted correctly and the medical exam has been completed.

As of today, Monday, February 13, 2006, my fiancé and I have not received any notice stating if we were approved or denied the fiancé visa. What is worrying me the most, in October 2005, the Embassy/Consulate has taken my fiancé’s passport for Security Clearance (I am assuming).

I emailed the Consulate office inquiring about the passport and if this is the "normal" process to keep someone's passport out of his possession for so many months. The representative responded saying that the paper work has been forwarded to Washington's administrative office (United States)and they will give us an answer as soon as they hear something.

What I would like to know if there is a contact number to call an office about the status of the visa case AFTER the person (Beneficiary) has completed the interview? From what I have read, the passport should have only been taken for a few hours or a day and returned with the visa stamps if approved.

If anyone can provide any help if this situation has happened to yourself or anyone you know, I greatly appreciate the response(s).

Thanks so much for any information.

Ericka, my husband had his interview for emigrant/green card visa in december 2004. His passport was taken as well and we did not hear from the Embassy for weeks. I am not as patient as you, however, so after 6 weeks of waiting I contacted my local congressman and my husband was able to join me within a month afterwards. One of the problems keeping him waiting was the consulate's in Cairo failure to inform him that he needs to submit the travel record, which is not listed in the documents needed in the visa process list. Did your fiance submit it yet? This document takes at least 2 weeks to obtain, so he may want to get it as soon as possible. I would strongly recommend you contacting your local Congressman's office and presenting your case to him. It worked for me, and it never hurts to try all resources. If I can be of any more help, email me at Karah_Mia @ y......com

Good luck. [Smile]

Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ericka
Member # 7451

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for ericka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Karah_Mia,

Thank you so very much for your response. The information/suggestion you provided is so helpful and greatly appreciated. I will most definitely try contacting the person (Congress member) who represents that state I reside in. This is giving us more hope to keep pursuing our case. Thanks again and take care.

P.S. I will post a note to you to let you know the outcome :-)

ericka
Member # 7451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ericka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Jesus Cesar,

Yes to be in this kind of situation is frustrating, but we are hoping that we get results soon. I will try what Karah_Mia did in her case.

Thanks for our comment.

ericka
Member # 7451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ericka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello again Kara_Mia,

Also, I just asked my fiancé did he submit any forms pertaining to Travel Records and he said no he has not.

Just another quick question please (I hope it's not silly): Did you call your Congress Member or did you write to him/her?

Thanks again.

Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ericka:
Hello again Kara_Mia,

Also, I just asked my fiancé did he submit any forms pertaining to Travel Records and he said no he has not.

Just another quick question please (I hope it's not silly): Did you call your Congress Member or did you write to him/her?

Thanks again.

I emailed him and wrote a letter, and after few days his secretary called me. You can find all the information about the local Congressman office online. [Smile]

The travel record paper was NOT mentioned in the official 'to get' list, yet when pushed by the Congressman office, the Consulate in Cairo gave the lack of it in my husband's file as a reason of prolonged waiting... Your fiance may not need it all together, I was just suggesting an option 'just in case' as this (stupid, grrrrrrrr) document took my husband 2 weeks to get.

Ps. You are very welcome.

Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com