EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Woman's looks the only factor in offspring?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Woman's looks the only factor in offspring?
Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Connie Anderson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
During this trip my in-laws were very open about offering the info that I have a daughter with their brother.

Naturally the guy who was informed that I have a daughter with my ex-husband was all lit up and gushed about how beautiful (gameela) my daughter must be (I didn't tow the child around for sight-seeing and shopping).

For several minutes the dude would be sneaking a peek at me with bulging eyes and continued to refer to this beautiful child and all of them wanted to see a picture of our daughter.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

What I don't understand is why a woman's looks are the single most important factor in the success of how a child turns out.

Is this the first thing or the only thing men consider desireable in a woman for the breeding quotent of children?

And ESers say Egyptian women are superficial!

P.S. I originally put this in another section of the forum but wanted a poll instead.

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 4 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Vote Now     View Poll Results

Posts: 991 | From: My daughter is a stalker | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Sono I'm back! I missed you like a hole in the head my dear..

I voted.. But didn't like the poll that much though. Please invest some more thinking with the options.

God forbid but do we happen to have any telepathy going on between us here? I was just about to start a topic with a very similar line of thought, but with a different twist!

Yes men mostly initially think face, body, long (yellow [Big Grin] ) hair.. Then manners and money are a bonus.

And women often think money, and so to say "things" like a house, a car, the diamonds etc..

But it's dumb to generalize right?

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Connie Anderson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari:
Hey Sono I'm back! I missed you like a hole in the head my dear..

I voted.. But didn't like the poll that much though. Please invest some more thinking with the options.

God forbid but do we happen to have any telepathy going on between us here? I was just about to start a topic with a very similar line of thought, but with a different twist!

Yes men mostly initially think face, body, long (yellow [Big Grin] ) hair.. Then manners and money are a bonus.

And women often think money, and so to say "things" like a house, a car, the diamonds etc..

But it's dumb to generalize right?

I tried the several option thing before and I confused people miserably.

Am I generalizing? Weren't all these male idiots generalizing when they summed up my child's appearance potential?

Its just fustrating.

When Americans ask about our child and the prospect of mixing of the genetic potential between an American and an Egyptian looks are usually the least I hear about (Except from my family). What Americans inquire about in reference to my child's genetic output is whether she is resistant to the sun's affect, her eating palette (whether or not she can enjoy/withstand hot/spicy foods), if she is naturally talented in dance (are Egyptian women born natural belly dancers), if she has the natural ability to read right from left (like her spatial abilities are determined by her father's mother tongue), whether she is shyier or more bosterous than other children, whether she has learned to speak faster than other American born children and so forth.

This is what really strikes me. Why in the heck are Egyptians so darn fixtiated on appearance while the Americans are more interested in her motor skills and natural inclinations?

Now MK what options would you have chosen to post in the poll?

Posts: 991 | From: My daughter is a stalker | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com