EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » moloukhia

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: moloukhia
Junah
Member # 12389

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Junah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how can I prepare some?
Posts: 9 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
omg, you are asking the most difficult question on ES............ But wait until tomorrow morning........ I'm sure somebody will get you the recipie

--------------------
Femme Fatale

Posts: 3128 | From: Not Your Heaven | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NotSleeplessInCairo
Member # 8452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NotSleeplessInCairo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hehe let me dig in my memory [Big Grin]

You need the molokheya leaves, chicken broth and chopped garlic....

Cut up the leaves with one of those 2 handled choppers (My favourit part)
Put some samna (2 teaspoons should do it) into a pot and on the fire, leave to melt
Add the chopped garlic, fry lightly
Add the broth and bring to boil
Reduce the heat and add the molokheya leaves leave for about 5/10 minutes

I don't know about any other secret tips because I can just barely make it as above.

Good Luck! [Big Grin]

Posts: 815 | From: London and the other | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kara Mia where are you?

I know she makes all the time.

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

Posts: 2133 | From: Redneckland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CAT, you ain't cooking, girl? How you ever want to find a man?! [Big Grin] [Wink]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NotSleeplessInCairo, it seems like you are the boss in the kitchen! I like that in a guy. Seriously most of the men just know how to heat up pizza.... [Smile]

Personally I can't stand moloukhia, you can chase after me with that!!!

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Screw you
Member # 11942

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Screw you         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to chop the garlic with the moloukhia, with some fresh corriander and peppers you can also add the moloukhia to the broth, it's usually the water left from boiling a rabbit or chicken, don't stir it as it turns itself over.

--------------------
Learn from the past.
Live in the present.
Hope for the future.

Posts: 1474 | From: in my own paradise | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
CAT, you ain't cooking, girl? How you ever want to find a man?! [Big Grin] [Wink]

Not the moloukhia [Big Grin]

A man has to rely on my other talents [Wink]

Posts: 3128 | From: Not Your Heaven | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tami025
Member # 9181

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tami025     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
get the frozen chopped leaves...its the year 2006, take advantage of that:)

boil up some lamb or beef with a sliced onion.
in a separate pot pour the finished broth with the meat into it and add the molokhia. add more broth as needed.

in a separate pot, fry up about 4 chopped cloves of garlic with 4 TB of ghee and add coriander powder. everyones taste is different so add as much as you want...this stuff is strong.

dont let the garlic burn cause burnt garlic will take over the taste of everything and ruin it.

add this to the soup and simmer on low for about 45 min.

serve over rice cooked with fried noodles in it.

i can give you more recipes if ya want:)

Posts: 229 | From: philadelphia, pa, usa | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NotSleeplessInCairo
Member # 8452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NotSleeplessInCairo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
NotSleeplessInCairo, it seems like you are the boss in the kitchen! I like that in a guy.

If I was a guy I would take that as a compliment! [Wink]
Posts: 815 | From: London and the other | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaZeeZ
Member # 10655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaZeeZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by *The Dark Angel* aka CAT:
omg, you are asking the most difficult question on ES............ But wait until tomorrow morning........ I'm sure somebody will get you the recipie

tsk tsk tsk ya cat!
Posts: 1539 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by NotSleeplessInCairo:
quote:
NotSleeplessInCairo, it seems like you are the boss in the kitchen! I like that in a guy.

If I was a guy I would take that as a compliment! [Wink]
Oh okay, right now I am really confused. What are you, girl or boy? [Confused]
LaZeeZ
Member # 10655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaZeeZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
a ggguuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl
Posts: 1539 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Oh my, I think I need to quit ES for a while! You know I believe she is the same person who I recommended not long time ago to get a girlfriend to learn the German language properly.

Hm, sorry for that! [Confused] [Big Grin]

NotSleeplessInCairo
Member # 8452

LOL [Big Grin]

Thanks Lazeez!

Tiger, I remember that thread but I didn't realise you meant romantic girlfriend [Eek!] Now I understand maybe I can look for German or Turkish boyfriend Ich liebe dich und ich bin heiss [Razz]

No need to be sorry... gave me a laugh anyway [Big Grin]

Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never made this. But I can make some awesome Tameeya and Fuul. LOL

Let's not forget the neverending macaroni in tomato paste sauce. LOL Anyone else have a lot of this?

[Smile]

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

Posts: 2133 | From: Redneckland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

quote:
Originally posted by LaZeeZ:
quote:
Originally posted by *The Dark Angel* aka CAT:

tsk tsk tsk ya cat!
[Big Grin]

ofcourse..... you love a girl that cooks

I can only cook chinese & a few things but not moulokia & mahshi...... but I consider myself a fast learner & Im sure if i watched somebody cook something I will be able to pick it up from the first time [Wink]

_Masrawi_
Member # 9597

Icon 1 posted      Profile for _Masrawi_     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You don't need samna (ghee) to cook Molokhiyya ... On the contrary, I feel that it takes away from the taste.
Posts: 2049 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com