EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » serious visa question????

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: serious visa question????
jeevio23
Member # 15144

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jeevio23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i've just bought a ticket out to cairo for the beginning of october. i have just read the maximum stay for tourists is 3 months but my return date to travel is 6 days after 3 months. Do i have to show my return ticket at cairo and if i do will i be in trouble or can i just have it extended? i don't particularly want to change the flight with the airline as it will cost me £100 charge. please help!!
Posts: 20 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am assuming as your 'from' is London that you are a Brit - you dont have to show a return ticket at Cairo.

Some time during your stay go to the passport office in Cairo and either extend your visa or fill out forms for 1 year temp residence. If you intend coming back during the year you can also apply for a re-entry visa which lasts 6 months giving you multiple entries without having to buy another visa. The residence permit and re-entry visa costs less then 10 quid in total, depending on exchane rates at the time of course [Wink]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeevio23
Member # 15144

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jeevio23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank you very much Aisha. I was worried there for a bit. Wow, nothing stopping me now! can't wait to be in Cairo!!
Posts: 20 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egypt 2007
Member # 14398

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egypt 2007     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My friend went to egypt at in the middle of August and is not coming back until end of October she went to some office in Hurghada as that was where she was staying and has now got a yearly visa - so you will be ok.
Posts: 306 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miffmiss
Member # 14978

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for miffmiss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes it is very simple nd doesnt cost much. You need to be there very earl to fill out the forms, buy your stamps and hand them in with your passport and then you go walk around for 2 hours and come back and pic them up. Get your elbows out when you go though because they dont beleive in cuing like us brits do so well
Posts: 1710 | From: we come in peace | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pink cherry
Member # 13979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pink cherry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So have you read the other thread where it is saying it is all change?.....

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=017443

Posts: 643 | From: Over there | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com