EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Townhouse Gallery, Downtown

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Townhouse Gallery, Downtown
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone know where this is?
The only thing I have found seems to indicate Zamalek but its quite old and would Zamalek be described as 'Downtown'?

Just discovered an Egyptian band I like and they're playing there next weekend.

http://www.myspace.com/massaregbari

got a nice jazzy feel - like a lot of the stuff I used to listen to in the 80s.

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
QueenMojo
Member # 12306

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for QueenMojo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi
It's not in Zamalek but close to midan el Tahrir, Champollion street, Mahmoud Bassiouny street

see the map on their website :http://www.thetownhousegallery.com/main7.html

Nice place by the way

Posts: 37 | From: cairo | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks!
I couldn't find anything on their website! OK I just discovered that what I assumed was a graphic is in fact a menu bar [Roll Eyes] Call me Mrs Dim if you like [Big Grin]

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

I think its fascinating that there are all these things going on in Cairo that we don't hear about.

http://pericentreprojects.org/

I just found this googling for townhouse - I think its open to the public but its on today and tomorrow!

An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Found it - looks nice from the outside - a little off the beaten track!

Also went walkabout with a friend yesterday and we found a little arty cafe called - erm now I've forgotten - Kunst Cafe ? - its round the corner from Macdonalds as you wander somewhere up Talaat Harb towards Attaba (yes I know that's really good directions NOT) - but if you've got time to wander about a bit you might find it now you know its there!

south_london_male
Member # 3917

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for south_london_male   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shanta ,, have you been to Cafe REASH ? it is one of the must visited cafes in Egypt,, it is down town ,,if you have not been there then you missed the whole culture side of Cairo ,, it is the place where all the famous egyptian writers as Nagib Mahfouz used to sit you will be amazed with al the pics on the wall about who used to be there ,, it is restaurant as well ,, not that cheap by the way but it is ok ,,, I think this is the address:
17, Talaat Harb St.
Down Town,Cairo, Cairo
Egypt
Phone : ‎+20 2 23929793 [more]
Phone : ‎+20 2 23918873
Fax : ‎+20 2 23953744

Posts: 1373 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

I've tried to go a couple of times with different folks but both times its been closed [Frown]

Its definately on the list though [Big Grin]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com