EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Birthdays

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Birthdays
Slewth
Member # 16166

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Slewth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi...I have a question about birthdays....do egyptians put a big stock on celebrating them? I ask because someone I know is dating an egyptian man and he loves her dearly, yet he knew it was her bday and he didn't do anything for her. She was very confused, as they got along very well. So got upset with him and he was perplexed. She thought he was being a real jerk and broke off with him. A couple days later he called her, as was very upset because he loves and misses her very much and still didn't say anything about the birthday. She's still confused.

So what's the deal with birthdays?

Posts: 199 | From: ...under the radar.... | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
they don't make a big deal at all, i know i am married to one. but when he came over here it seems like he is getting use to celebrating birthdays now,
i know when we were in Egypt they do celebrate with parties for the kids only

Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com