EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Cairo is getting so hot!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cairo is getting so hot!!
My_Login_Name
Member # 16667

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for My_Login_Name     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was checking the weather forecast and it is expected to reach 42 degrees Celsius in Cairo in 3 days time!!
Posts: 199 | From: Here and there | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's really hurting is the humidity.

Washing left on the balcony to dry overnight has still been damp in the morning for the past 2 days!

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love this time of year, I have spent the last few days sunbathing and swimming [Smile]

Beautiful [Big Grin]

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My_Login_Name
Member # 16667

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for My_Login_Name     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Poor Egypt! I think the country is gonna melt during August and Egyptians are gonna faint during Ramadan in the streets!
It's gonna be really hard fasting Ramadan this year!

Posts: 199 | From: Here and there | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shanta Qadeama:
What's really hurting is the humidity.

Washing left on the balcony to dry overnight has still been damp in the morning for the past 2 days!

Funny because i find Cairo soo dry in comparison to my neck of the woods were's always humid no matter the season nor time of the year.
Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by My_Login_Name:
Poor Egypt! I think the country is gonna melt during August and Egyptians are gonna faint during Ramadan in the streets!
It's gonna be really hard fasting Ramadan this year!

I bet most will remain indoors as much as possible until iftar time to avoid dehydration. [Smile]
Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes Sashy, normally it's drier than this. I don't recall ever leaving washing out overnight before in the summer and it not drying (nor the drips of water from the air con!).
I actually felt quite ill with it this afternoon - nearly passed out in Hyper1 and had to go and stand in front of one of their fans for a while! One of my friends posted on her FB that she nearly passed out on the way up to her 4th floor flat yesterday!

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sash, people still have to go out to work... things do not grind to a halt. Most places just start the day earlier and finish earlier. I like Ramadan as the work day is over so quickly [Smile]

Plus aside from the tourists and the Coptics there are still a high number of people who do not fast. (ill, pregnant, old, young etc)

This is the least strict Islamic country I know during Ramadan!

As for the weather, it has been awesome the last week... I love the hot nights [Smile] And I have so many friends flying over next month for holidays so I will even get to enjoy it some more pool side tanning me bits [Big Grin]

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

One of my friends is a senior manager in a company and said they are expected to go into work 6 days a week instead of 5 during Ramadan because the days are shorter. (She is Egyptian, muslim, fasting).
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

At least the weather is more humane today - humidity down to 33% and I'm actually sitting in my office without the fan on without looking like the River Nile took a divert over my head.
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Exactly SQ... people still have to work and some have to make time up another day...

Ah, the weather is a little fresher today, I am hoping to go and get my arms out in it as I was compared to a Smurf a couple of weeks ago, hence me going to the pool more!!!

Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Cheekyferret:
Sash, people still have to go out to work... things do not grind to a halt. Most places just start the day earlier and finish earlier. I like Ramadan as the work day is over so quickly [Smile]

Plus aside from the tourists and the Coptics there are still a high number of people who do not fast. (ill, pregnant, old, young etc)

This is the least strict Islamic country I know during Ramadan!

As for the weather, it has been awesome the last week... I love the hot nights [Smile] And I have so many friends flying over next month for holidays so I will even get to enjoy it some more pool side tanning me bits [Big Grin]

Yes,i know they still go out to work,at least those that are lucky to have work,but the working days are shorter during Ramadan.Ive been there during that time once.
Most,however,wont go out before breaking the fast specially during this summer scorching heat. [Cool]

My_Login_Name
Member # 16667

Rate Member
quote:
At least the weather is more humane today - humidity down to 33% and I'm actually sitting in my office without the fan on without looking like the River Nile took a divert over my head.

I kept looking for "like" button to click on it after reading this post [Smile]
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Thanks MLN - dratted FB etiquette getting everywhere now [Big Grin]
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by My_Login_Name:
quote:

I kept looking for "like" button to click on it after reading this post [Smile]
i see we are also on facebook? [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Smile]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its been a consistent 70%-85% humidity in my state for the last 2 months and days on end it will be 95% humidity before and after it rains.

I am so sick and tired of having massive storms and high humidity. Looking forward to a cold fall.

Posts: 2280 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it was 92 degrees=32 c...today all of a sudden it is pouring and thundering...cant even see my next door neighbor's house...love the rain [Smile]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
here is the storm we just had
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVe9JS4vWNc

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Even at 7am this morning it was hot! 42 today [Big Grin]

I can see the hunt for Factor 60 commencing!

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
21°C and cloudy over here. Rain again???
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com