EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » egyptian marriages visa etc

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: egyptian marriages visa etc
alliamuslimah
Member # 3900

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for alliamuslimah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
okay i have a candian passport i have no criminal record i am a hijab wearing muslim and have a one way ticket to cairo..i am going there purpose is marriage to egyptian man can anyone tell me will i have any problem even tho i have a tourist visa, will i have a problem entering if they know i am one way ticket planning to marry and live there...the consulate says no problem, but i am still unsure it is that easy any advice will help me plzzzzzzzzzz post all the experiences facts anything to help with this subject thx salam alaikom
Posts: 23 | From: mississauga ontario | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Assalamu alaykum alliamuslimah

You shouldnt have any problem, the immigration people wont check your ticket when you come in, so as long as you renew your tourist visa on time or change it to a resident visa after marriage, you should be ok. I came in on a one-way ticket and have had no problems.

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karinfarid
Member # 3352

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karinfarid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
salaamu aleikum!

don't worry, as long as you have your entry/ tourist visa, which you could also obtain at the airport in cairo upon arrival, inshaAllah there'll be no problem.

Once you are married, things are even more relaxed, nobody will ask you to leave the country, even if your visa expired, simply because you are the wife of an Egyptian. It happened to me before that my husband and I forgot to renew my residence visa and we found out after 1 year... no problem, you just pay the official visa charges for the missing time and the new years.... alhamdulillah.

all the best wa salam, Karin

Posts: 295 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alliamuslimah
Member # 3900

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alliamuslimah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks a whole bunch ill sleep better tonite for those posts ! salam alaikom.. any interesting things i should know when i get there? never been b4...any weird customs as a canadian i might not know of? like i dont know what but maybe there is something they do here thats normal but in egypt seems rude or strange? just curious take care all u peeps
salam alaikom

Posts: 23 | From: mississauga ontario | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymon
Member # 3727

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
alliamuslimah, no problem c. Like newcomer said, officers will not check your ticket. It is not like vice-versa when Middle Eastern travel to Western Sstaets.
Please remember Egypt is not one of those immigration destinations.

------------------

Raymon www.youregypt.com

Posts: 288 | From: Egypt | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by alliamuslimah:
.. any interesting things i should know when i get there? never been b4...any weird customs as a canadian i might not know of? like i dont know what but maybe there is something they do here thats normal but in egypt seems rude or strange?

Loads and Loads of things. Couldn't even begin to name them all. Why are you coming on a one-way ticket if you've NEVER been here before? How do you know you'll be able to tolerate it at all? What are you thinking?

I, for one, love it here, but certainly never would have ventured into it without seeing it first. You are extremely brave! or nuts... LOL. Don't know which. Good luck.

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Alliamuslimah, you shouldn't have any problem because you are a Canadian citizen.

When I arrived in Egypt back in 1994 I also came with a one-way ticket but I came with the garantee to work as a nanny and - no matter what would happen - I would save the money to return to my home country if things don't work out the right way.

Well I was very adventurous back then. But just to tell you this much I stayed in Egypt for three years because I really enjoyed it.

I wish you all the best for getting married to an Egyptian man. You will need some time to get used to your new surroundings (culture shock inclusive!) but I really hope you will love Egypt!

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alliamuslimah
Member # 3900

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for alliamuslimah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
not nuts just in love with a good pious man...he is great and we are getting married inshallah and im brave cuz no matter what allah with me wherever i am....so not worried about the one way ticket..life is not so great here in canada cant wait to be in muslim country hear azan all those things...plus my hubby waitin for me.
star
Member # 3905

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for star     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by alliamuslimah:
okay i have a candian passport i have no criminal record i am a hijab wearing muslim and have a one way ticket to cairo..i am going there purpose is marriage to egyptian man can anyone tell me will i have any problem even tho i have a tourist visa, will i have a problem entering if they know i am one way ticket planning to marry and live there...the consulate says no problem, but i am still unsure it is that easy any advice will help me plzzzzzzzzzz post all the experiences facts anything to help with this subject thx salam alaikom

Congradulations on your upcoming wedding.You are in for a wonderful adventure. It does take some adjustment. I am an American Muslim married to an Egyptian and have been living in egypt for about 10 months.I have had no problems since moving here. the people are very friendly and love foreigners. I would be glad to help you in any way I can. just let me know what I can do for you.

Posts: 12 | From: ebour city, egypt | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com