EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » please help, i need your advice

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: please help, i need your advice
zoe_xxxx
Member # 3974

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for zoe_xxxx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello ,
Thankyou so much for taking the time to read this.
Im British and my boyfriend is Egyptian, we both live in the UK. we have been together for 5years and have a 4year old son.We are both 21 years old. I need your advice, my boyfriend has always wanted to go back to Egypt ( he moved to uk when he was 2years old, but visits family often) and recently because ill do anything for him, i said i would consider it.I have never been before so we are goin in a few weeks. I have heard though, that if i want to take my son out of the country i have to get permission from my Boyfriend, is this true? it worries me! if it is true is there any way around it?
Also i would be so grateful if you could tell me a bit about the way of life out there? what am i to expect? what the english schools are like and costs?
thankyou so much for reading this, i hope to hear from you soon,
zoe x

Posts: 1 | From: uk kent | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ramystfaha
Member # 3968

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ramystfaha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I POSTED A SIMILAR TOPIC YESTERDAY, ABOUT SCHOOLS AND MOVING TO EGYPT,MAYBE THAT WILL HELP YOU.AS FOR YOU NEEDING PERMISSION FROM YOUR BOYFRIEND TO TAKE YOUR CHILD,WHY DO NEED IT? AREN'T YOU GOING TO EGYPT TOGERTHER?
Posts: 18 | From: u.s. | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiggleGirl
Member # 3822

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiggleGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by zoe_xxxx:
Hello ,
Im British and my boyfriend is Egyptian, we both live in the UK. we have been together for 5years and have a 4year old son.We are both 21 years old. I need your advice, my boyfriend has always wanted to go back to Egypt ( he moved to uk when he was 2years old, but visits family often) and recently because ill do anything for him, i said i would consider it.I have never been before so we are goin in a few weeks. I have heard though, that if i want to take my son out of the country i have to get permission from my Boyfriend, is this true? it worries me! if it is true is there any way around it?
Also i would be so grateful if you could tell me a bit about the way of life out there? what am i to expect? what the english schools are like and costs?
zoe x

Is he a British national?? If he is, then will he have any rights like other Egyptian men have in Egypt?
By saying that, I mean will he have rights over your child?

[This message has been edited by GiggleGirl (edited 07 April 2004).]

Posts: 293 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Masreya_awy
Member # 3866

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for Masreya_awy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Will your boyfriend become your husband? In that case, know that the law you are talking about has changed. It is no longer necessary to have a written permission for a wife to take her children out of Egypt. Unfortunately this change of law generated many 'kidnappings' from foreign women, not wanting to live in Egypt anymore, not getting along with their in-laws etc...depriving many fathers from their children. A devastating and traumatic experience indeed, for kind and responsible Egyptian fathers.

Best regards,
Monica

quote:
Originally posted by zoe_xxxx:
Hello ,
zoe x

[This message has been edited by Masreya_awy (edited 07 April 2004).]

Posts: 45 | From: Cairo Egypt | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Masreya_awy
Member # 3866

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Masreya_awy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also:

The way of life in Egypt depends on your means. It is dominated by classes. Aside from this information, you can live with all the comfort of your own home, if you can afford it, and again depending on what you are used to.

The weather is splendid and the people are friendly, warm and helpful. Family is extremely important. It is rich in history, but presently down economically, again depending on the field you're in.

Traffic is unusually heavy, but you can get used to it. The Nile is a dream at night, and if you ever drink from the Nile ( Egyptian water that is) you are bound to go back!

Egypt is eternal and has a magical effect on millions.

One more thing, if you stand by your man by hooks or by crooks and if he happens to be a decent responsible and kind Egyptian at heart, you've got it made for life!

For an indepth tour, go to;
http://www.eternalegypt.com

Enjoy!

Best regards,
Monica

[This message has been edited by Masreya_awy (edited 07 April 2004).]

Posts: 45 | From: Cairo Egypt | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com