EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » HELP! SHOULD I MARRY?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: HELP! SHOULD I MARRY?
Angelic011
Member # 4862

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Angelic011     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been with an egyptian man in the United States for the past 6 months or so. Since the start of the relationship it has been intense. I love him dearly. He's proposed several times. He's never lied and treated me with respect. Now he's in custody with immigration and being deported back to egypt. We're both very young. But he wants me to go back to Egypt with him to marry and be with him. Hes broken up with me once before because his family in Egypt found out that we were dating untraditionally. He tells me now that hes told his family that I'm his love and he will marry me. I love him and feel it in my heart that I should be with him. Does this sound fishy to anyone or could this man be sincere and want me to be with him???????? Please help!
Posts: 5 | From: new york | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BahYBasha
Member # 4522

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for BahYBasha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont think that he want to marry u because he want a green card because he is being deported plus i dont think u got alot of money (as u said u r still young).

The question here, Can u live in Egypt? It is a different place than states and i guess you should try living there for a while without getting married and decide for urself. There are american ladies married to Egyptian men and they are going to help u better then me. and remenber U r the best one to decide if he is okay gor u or not!

[This message has been edited by BahYBasha (edited 23 July 2004).]

Posts: 180 | From: halifax, nova scotia, canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Angelic011:
I love him and feel it in my heart that I should be with him. Does this sound fishy to anyone or could this man be sincere and want me to be with him???????? Please help!

Only matters if it sounds fishy to you. Give it a few weeks, and keep in contact. During a stressful situation like this no one can think straight. Do a search on this site on marriage, on other forums, then talk to your family and friends. Pros and cons list if you get that far. Be informed, get information yourself, and be cautious when people want to feed you information.

Your young and passion burns like west coast wildfire for anyone who hasn't experienced it before.

For your sake and his, be patient and get informed. If the love is worth so much to you, give it the best analysis of your life.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hearts often rule heads. If you have doubts before the marriage imagine the ones you might have after. Only go if you are sure that it is the right thing for you - and you only. If he Muslim or Christian? This does make a difference.
Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pinkmagic
Member # 4789

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for pinkmagic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it feels right marry him. I do not think he is after a green card as like BahYBasha said you are both young and are most likely not rolling in money. If he was after this he would be dating an older lady with plenty of money in the bank.
In this life it is better to regret things with have done than things we have not.

Posts: 29 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LoveAlways
Member # 4869

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for LoveAlways     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don`t marry him...at least not yet..wait wait wait and look look look...I almost married an egyptian man but at the last moment i found out how he really was. And i dont say everbody is the same but please take care. He can love you very much but love isnt all. If you want to hear my story...you can contact me.
Posts: 20 | From: Holland | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love, I want to hear your story.
Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Natashiah
Member # 4566

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Natashiah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BahYBasha:
The question here, Can u live in Egypt? ....remenber U r the best one to decide if he is okay gor u or not!

[This message has been edited by BahYBasha (edited 23 July 2004).]

Yes my dear...can you live in Egypt?....Have you been there before?...Why dont you let him go back and join him after a month or two.Join meaning...get to know the family,culture,the locals etc.Living in Egypt and visiting are 2 different things.Family is very important...you will get to know the true him once you see him around his family.Usually the way they behave outside their country is completelly different to the way they behave at home.If you really love him and he loves you...he shouldnt have a problem with you asking questions and the same for you.Love is blind...and youre the captain of your own ship.

Posts: 723 | From: South Africa | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Soum
Member # 4840

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Soum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait Anglic till you make sure that he is the right man for you, he can come back to Egypt alone, you can visit him, you have to make sure that he is not lieing or doing this because of the the new life he could have if he married you.

Posts: 62 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LiveItUp
Member # 4811

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for LiveItUp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why did he get deported? Sounds like a problem with the law? This wouldn't be a good start for a relationship. There has to be a good reason for deportation as when we resided in USA tons of foreigh acquaintances were living without proper Visa's. I have been married for almost 10 yrs now, my hubby from Alexandria but we met in USA and only dated 2 months before he popped the ? and we resided in USA those 10 yrs. have 2 children and are now here in Egypt to experience "the less stress life" after owning a hectic business. I have no problems with my Egyptian man he is like gold to me. Not to say we had rough spots. He says you are young, take your time, what is the hurry. I say Visit first it is a total culture shock and I am in marital bliss with love and romance and enough money to live happily. However, even after having visited here before and trusting my hubby/ having a 10 yr relationship it is not easy to adjust to Egyptian Culture. HE is moslim but I am Christian (not avidly). His family is supportive now wasn't 1st yr married til they met me and saw our love. Please wait and use advice here. Good luck!
Posts: 395 | From: Whereever I go | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com