EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Holiday romance!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Holiday romance!
medusa
Member # 5020

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for medusa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I m from Malaysia..I met this guy from Egypt who is absolutely very charming,attractive, sexy & intelligent who came down to Kuala Lumpur for a short holiday. And he is a fantastic salsa dancer.I met him in the salsa dance club and we danced salsa wonderfully together..his 35 yrs old..n single..I m 31 yrs old n single too..his moslem n so am i although not such a good one though..we met only for 2 nites..but we've been in touch via email n text msging ever since he left...tht was a 3weeks ago..thr's absolutely a strong chemitry here..but what r the chances tht it will work?I've no idea...first is the distance?then is his attachment living in egypt?Is he willing to leave egypt or m i willing to leave malaysia?how is living in egypt as a moslem woman?either socially or in work?is it true that single man or woman who r not yet married do not stay on their own n must live with their family until they are married?how liberal can ppl in egypt be when it comes to relationships btw man n woman?I mean also in terms of sexual relationships?
Posts: 2 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JOSHUA
Member # 4946

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JOSHUA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by medusa:
how liberal can ppl in egypt be when it comes to relationships btw man n woman?I mean also in terms of sexual relationships?

You 're allowed to have sex after marriage once every two weeks in Egypt, this is how far you could push it!

Posts: 321 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
best advice is totally ignore anything joshua says, he is anti islam, anti muslim, and only here to cause trouble.

sex outside marriage is not allowed in egypt, however there are many that do, thats up to you, but for him i think there is a chance of 6 months in prison if caught.

read other threads on this forum about marriage to an egyptian, there are many.

Good Luck

Salam

------------------
I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AkhnAton*
Member # 4882

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AkhnAton*   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JOSHUA:
You 're allowed to have sex after marriage once every two weeks in Egypt, this is how far you could push it!

looooooooooooool
GREAT
Thank you!

Posts: 44 | From: Cairo & Stuttgart | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear medusa:

If the man you met is 35 it would be most unusual in Egypt if he is not already married...sorry but Egyptian men do tell lies...sometimes very big ones and they are very very good at it. With regard to your questions about sexual relationships in Egypt outside of marriage then it is not allowed but of course it does happen. If you search here under ORFI you will also find a lot of information about a marriage contract that is used to get around the problem. However it is not a proper marriage and is very much looked down on and would not be accepted by Egyptian families.

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Assalamu alaykum medusa

It seems a bit rash to be thinking about moving countries for a man you have only danced with for 2 nights! Would you think about moving to Brunei or Singapore under the same circumstances?

You sound like you also have some personal contradictions to work out as you declare yourself to not be a good Muslim, but yet you’re asking about life here in Egypt for a Muslim woman...it depends a lot on how you define that!

Generally you would find life in Cairo more conservative than in KL, and even more so in the kampongs here. Cairo could probably be described as a cross between Malacca and old Ampang in terms of development, without the Asian cross-cultural elements or the sea. If you can imagine the bikes that weave in and out of the traffic in Malaysia being replaced with old cars, that is the traffic situation here!

It is not generally accepted here for unmarried Egyptian women to live on their own before marriage, even in Cairo, and it is also not usually economically feasible for most women as most local salaries don’t stretch very far anyway. However it is more accepted for foreign women do so if they are working here, although they are thought to be a bit strange for choosing to live alone, as they are in Malaysia. Workwise there is more discrimination here and it is common for employers to advertise for attractive female employees and it is difficult for women wearing tudongs to get employment in many places. Pre-marital relationships and dating are not nearly as common as in Malaysia, alhamdu lillah, although they do happen in Cairo, but not generally openly. The khalwat laws are stricter here too.

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
welsafty
Member # 5051

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for welsafty   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I heard it can only go down to once a week (Thursday after the Midnight Show)? wow things are changing fast

religon is something between you and your god, if you belive in him < so it never matters what poeple think when you are talking about religon ( it is only between you and your God) society have nothing to do with it

and there is no good age for marriage < poeple get married when they think it is good to get married, age, time, economy, social status, customes, religon < and love have to do something with it, but still, age is not the only factor

[This message has been edited by welsafty (edited 12 August 2004).]

Posts: 785 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chelle67
Member # 4442

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for chelle67     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

pmsl, very good

Posts: 124 | From: england | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
madmax
Member # 4910

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for madmax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[This message has been edited by madmax (edited 13 August 2004).]

Posts: 69 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
madmax
Member # 4910

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for madmax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[This message has been edited by madmax (edited 12 August 2004).]

[This message has been edited by madmax (edited 13 August 2004).]

Posts: 69 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
madmax
Member # 4910

Rate Member

madmax
Member # 4910

Rate Member

madmax
Member # 4910

Rate Member

medusa
Member # 5020

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for medusa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanx for your replies...been talking to the guy...i think he is thinking along the serious road..ie marriage..provide is done rationally,wisely n both r in love..he is definitely coming down in October..during fasting month...n we'll c how it goes..if things work out..if he's serious..mayb i'll b w him..but my concern is if it happens...can i live in egypt or him in malaysia?i guess u'll never know until u try...wish me luck!
Posts: 2 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com