EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » URFI MARRIAGE (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: URFI MARRIAGE
Danielab
Member # 5743

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Danielab     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

There are three criteria of defining legal issues in Islamic jurisprudence (fiqh):

Shari : Something that is clearly defined in the shariah.

'Urfi : Conventional or common tradition. An 'Urfi definition is acceptable to the common people without any scientific or shari precision.

Ilmi : A definition presented by science.

If the shariah defines something, all Muslims must follow that definition. If the shariah is silent on an issue, Muslims should follow the 'Urfi definition. (Source: Marriage and Morals in Islam by Sayyid Muhammad Rizvi.)

The 'Urfi is a marriage without an official contract. Couples repeat the words, "We got married" and pledge commitment before God. Usually a paper, stating that the two are married, is written and two witnesses sign it. The Egyptian government did not recognized 'Urfi marriages until 2000 and the paper could be used only to prove the relationship in court. A women could not get a divorce since the government did not recognize the marriage in the first place. Under the new personal status law passed on January 29, 2000 however, divorces from 'Urfi marriages are now recognized.

According to Madiha Al Safty (Professor of Sociology at the American University in Cairo), the 'Urfi marriage has always existed, but for different reasons.

"In the past, it was common among the widows of soldiers who had huge pensions and they did not want to lose it by officially re-marrying. Now, however, it is mostly among university students and young couples who cannot afford the high cost of marriage." (Abeer Allam Special to Middle East Times)
Undocumented 'Urfi marriages are increasingly popular among Egyptian youth. The high cost of marriage forces many young couples to wait several years before they marry. Conservative Egyptian society forbids sex before marriage, so many young people consider the 'Urfi marriage a solution. 'Urfi marriages are conducted by a Muslim cleric in the presence of two witnesses. However, they are not officially registered and are not financially binding on the man. Couples married in this way often meet in secret and avoid the expense of renting an apartment. The 'Urfi marriage can be disastrous for the wife. If the husband leaves her without granting her a divorce, she had no legal right to seek a divorce since 'Urfi marriage was considered illegal under the old status law. Her husband could remarry. The wife is in a more difficult position. If the wife remarries, she can be accused of polyandry which is punishable by seven years in prison in Egypt, or she could remain single for the rest of her life.

The new Egyptian law (passed in 2000) recognizes the woman's right to seek divorce from an 'Urfi marriage. However, the law denies her alimony and child support.

There are also controversial, unofficial "'Urfi" marriages, where a couple signs documents declaring themselves married. The couple does not inform their families of the marriage. Many Egyptian clerics are against this type of 'Urfi marriage calling it a cover for pre-marital sex.

An extreme form of 'Urfi marriage is known as zawag al-'urfi:

To give prostitution an Islamic cover, some women enter into secret marriage contracts with their summer visitors. Known in Egypt as zawag al-'urfi, this contract is made without witnesses and typically ends in divorce by summer's end. Most of Egypt's Islamic scholars condemn this use of zawag al-'urfi. (Source: Tourism and the Business of Pleasure, Middle East Report 196, Vol 25, No 5 September-October 1995)

Posts: 33 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And your point is??????????????????????????

I think Urfi or as it has been more common spelt in english Orfi has been discussed ad nausium on these forums. You don't seem to have said anything new or frankly interesting.

------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why does that bother you Akshar?

In all your ignorance of your situation, I would think you would lie low with this post and not post at all.

So things are changing legal-wise. Good. Maybe after a while this dowry and mahr thing will become a stain of the past.

Then possibly there won't be a need for sex-tourism in Misr, if the law chooses to give it weight and corners sex-tourism as illegal.

Its a step in the right direction.

Possibly with the **** -paper thing totaly eliminiated in Misr, maybe that might be a larger incentive for young men to find work and possibly for Misr government to take economic development seriously.

And if couples choose to do the right thing the first time and have a real marriage, then maybe this INS thing wouldn't be so rough on the couples who are making a lifetime commitment. The only reason why all the paperwork and restrictions are there is to prove that a marriage like mine is different than a **** -paper marriage. Marriage is all or nothing, if you don't see it that way its still prostitution and fornication.

It all does come down to money after all, doesn't Akshar?

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It bothers me because what he has stated has been said loads of times on these forums. The thread then goes off on to a long set of posts where the same things are rehashed. I just wonder if anyone uses the search function.

Yes it would be great if Egypt had one set of marriage laws that was valid for everyone but I don't think that was the purposes of his post. Even if it was why didn't he say so. And given all that what on earth diff is it going to make posting it here.

So his post was like a pencil without a lead POINTLESS

------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your existance in Misr is pointless without your MONEY!

Face it there was nothing left for you in England. After your husband died everyone figured you out and dropped you like a bad habit. You were the paying sidekick to your popular husband.

People figured out that you didn't even wait until the father of your child was cold and dead to marry another.

I can see why you married so fast, move to Misr so fast and why the terms of your marriage don't bother you in the least.

Doesn't your daughter's English grandparents miss her at all?

Why in the heck would you take off for Misr so fast? What were you running from?

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by sonomod:

Face it there was nothing left for you in England. After your husband died everyone figured you out and dropped you like a bad habit. You were the paying sidekick to your popular husband.

People figured out that you didn't even wait until the father of your child was cold and dead to marry another.

I can see why you married so fast, move to Misr so fast and why the terms of your marriage don't bother you in the least.

Doesn't your daughter's English grandparents miss her at all?

Why in the heck would you take off for Misr so fast? What were you running from?

Existance in any country is pretty pointless without money. It is needed to have a house, utilities and food.

You are contradicting yourself if I was a the paying sidekick how could there be nothing left for me. My popularity or otherwise is known by my friends and collegues and certainly not by you lol. I think my chairmanship of PCG speaks volumes of my personal charms. elected twice unopposed as chairman of a trade organisation of 12,000. I guess someone must like me.

Yes I was lucky to find happiness again so soon after my late husband died. It is allowed you know, we don't all have to be Queen Victoria. Anyway if you had been married to an Arab you would know what great husbands they are and why I was eager to marry another one as quickly as possible. As my daughters living grandparents live in Syria and UK us being in Egypt means both can see her easily. Her sole English grandparent first came to Egypt in 1946 so it no big deal for him to visit. I first talked about living in Egypt over 30 years ago so I am not sure my move can be considered fast.

It seems it is attack Jane week again. Is ES really getting that predictable, I supose then it will go through all the other regular posters. I really don't understand why, aren't there more interesting things to talk about. This forum is called living in Egypt, why is attacking me relevant. Ah I think I know your life is so incrediably boring and mine so exciting you are jealous, how sad

------------------

Stacia
Member # 3188

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stacia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jane, what she posted was the most hateful thing I've read in a long time. I know we all have heated discussions now and then, but her post goes beyond without saying. And your right--her life really must suck since she spent so much time describing yours--isn't it great, she wants to be you...
Posts: 190 | From: Alexandria, Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darkeyes
Member # 6058

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Darkeyes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

What the heck would someone living in Minnasota know about it or even care? Sonomod, you're just a trouble maker and a real jerk. Since you're a student, I guess you haven't learned that it takes money to get by in the real world. I guess Mommy and Daddy are still paying for you. Crawl back under your rock.

Posts: 212 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Darkeyes:
What the heck would someone living in Minnasota know about it or even care? Sonomod, you're just a trouble maker and a real jerk. Since you're a student, I guess you haven't learned that it takes money to get by in the real world. I guess Mommy and Daddy are still paying for you. Crawl back under your rock.

Wait a minute talk about assumptions here.

I waited to start college because according to Federal and statue student loan requirements I needed a co-signer and untill I turned 25, I didn't have a co-signer. So independant since I was 17 I waited. And then went to college once I had the student loans to pay for it. Got married at 27 and then had $30,000 in my husband's debt to pay off less than a year later.

Nobody has ever fucking paid my way. NEVER! I have been working part-time or full time and doing college full time since I was 25. I have taken extra money out of my students loans to pay our expenses.

At least I went to college, I know somebody else haven't.

And if you weren't paying attention, This professional group, she said she ran 'unoppossed'. Jane takes advantage of the fact that people don't thoroughly read what others write.

Jane is sick, what she writes on other boards have circulated amongst people who are shocked and dislike her. Not many have the balls to see or quote her for what she is, many tourists take advantage of the 'Little European' mentality in order to have the resounding last word. But it doesn't change the facts.

Jane doesn't bring her daughter back to England for visits and I doubt that Jane has her family see her daughter either. Nor has Jane kept any contact with people she knows in England. She was forced to start fresh. ANd it shows.

Plus without a completed college degree her IT skills are not competitive in the UK or Europe. It was in one of those links that Blunt or mooneybasher posted. She was claiming that she couldn't keep her consultant work going. Meaning her career was finished before she was 42. Now that is scarry.

Mimmi
Member # 3606

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mimmi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you know Jane in person??
Even if you know I don't think you have any right to write about herprivate life here.
Just keep to matters conserning you and dont get so mean towards others.

Posts: 523 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Mimmi:
Do you know Jane in person??
Even if you know I don't think you have any right to write about herprivate life here.
Just keep to matters conserning you and dont get so mean towards others.

Grow up!

I don't know her personally and would never want to.

She has this fantasy world complex and then goes out of her way to insult others that don't have this fantasy complex.

Give it time. She drinks like crazy has health problems. Extremely overweight. Sooner or later she will make problems for her husband and will want to be rid of her. In due time your daughter will come of age and since this child is a product of an apostate she will fetch quite a price right below the border.

Its a castrophy waiting to happen. And then she sits there high and mighty like she is all knowing and can pass judgement on everyone.

Not everyone who has stayed in her flats came away happy with their stay and some actually find her vile.

Give it time, she's a goner and so is her kid.

I have a classmate who recently came back from 9 weeks in Mogadishu, Somalia. Across the border his mother lives in an refugee camp. This woman has seen Sudanese Clerics try to enlist men to help with the Sudanese effort. One of his wives was a light skinned Bosnian. Imagine the price someone like him would pay for an apostate's child?

Its sick.

I don't think I will ever want to go south of Giza.

akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
quote:
I don't think I will ever want to go south of Giza.

Well thank heavens for that. With your attitudes you would not be welcome in the lovely place I live.

I am still amazed that your life is sooooooo boring you spend so much time looking into mine. I really must write that book.

------------------

ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
At least I went to college, I know somebody else haven't.

I didn't read the post because I am far too optimistic that someone that screwed up and sick really exists in the world, so I just write off anything Sonom posts as some idiot trying to wind up other posters.

But that line (thankfully) jumped out and made me laugh out loud.

Better take your college-educated toosh back to a bookstore and buy a grammar book.

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TDP
Member # 5440

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TDP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sonomod,wow you seem really het up and twisted about Jane. Have you stopped for breath? You say you dont know Jane personally so how can you make all these cruel comments? I think it's you who is the bad person you certainly have a very wicked streak. Jane ignore her! Sonomod take a diazipan and chill. All this hatred is not good for ones health!

[This message has been edited by TDP (edited 13 December 2004).]

Posts: 260 | From: uk | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darkeyes
Member # 6058

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Darkeyes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are the sick one, Sonomod, and the one that needs to grow up. Grown ups don't attack other people that way. You're already making trouble for your husband I'm sure and he will want to get rid of you soon, unless you've got him so beaten down he can't move. You said on another post:

<<Personally I am willing to join any faith community that allows women to have multiple husbands. In my state women make more money than the men anyway. And we out number them too.>>

Your hubby keeping you around for a free meal ticket? I know that's right. Just what kind of deal did you make with Daddy-in-law to take the boy off his hands?

[This message has been edited by Darkeyes (edited 13 December 2004).]

Posts: 212 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by akshar:
Well thank heavens for that. With your attitudes you would not be welcome in the lovely place I live.

I am still amazed that your life is sooooooo boring you spend so much time looking into mine. I really must write that book.

No not a book, a call for decency.

I think people like you should be excused from Misr completely. The foreign service office should pull your visa and boot you out.

There must be some way to give young men married or not their dignity back.

Why is it that Misr has this morality issue and they don't in other Arab countries. They kick out the money bags in other Arab/Muslim countries why not in Misr?

My attitude is just fine, your's is predatory. Thank God that you'll be dead soon. There isn't the health care available to handle your problems and your time will run out someway or another.

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Darkeyes:
You are the sick one, Sonomod, and the one that needs to grow up. Grown ups don't attack other people that way. You're already making trouble for your husband I'm sure and he will want to get rid of you soon, unless you've got him so beaten down he can't move. You said on another post:

<<Personally I am willing to join any faith community that allows women to have multiple husbands. In my state women make more money than the men anyway. And we out number them too.>>

Your hubby keeping you around for a free meal ticket? I know that's right. Just what kind of deal did you make with Daddy-in-law to take the boy off his hands?

[This message has been edited by Darkeyes (edited 13 December 2004).]

Actually his father and his mother both want him home.

My father in law wants me to feel welcome in Misr and is extremely happy that I have done my research as well as I have. It might be academic but I use these forumns to fill in the rough gaps.

And my husband isn't the one beaten down. I actually am encouraged to stand my ground with him by his own family.

I am not the bully holding up a decent set of wages for an impoverished illiterate family.

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by akshar:
With your attitudes you would not be welcome in the lovely place I live.

So the attitude I should carry is one of a sex tourist like yourself?

I shouldn't expect any dignity or morality out of the men?

That because someone is poor, weak and lazy I should take advantage of him and offer money (a secure life for his extended family) in exchange for sex?

What I don't understand is how the community down there, let alone his family can support this. They must be extremely desperate. Or they could look at you as she is old, doesn't have long to live, we'll reaffirm her child's lost faith. And then sell her child to some warlord.

[This message has been edited by sonomod (edited 13 December 2004).]

kimo_the_maniac
Member # 1761

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kimo_the_maniac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
So the attitude I should carry is one of a sex tourist like yourself?

I shouldn't expect any dignity or morality out of the men?

That because someone is poor, weak and lazy I should take advantage of him and offer money (a secure life for his extended family) in exchange for sex?

What I don't understand is how the community down there, let alone his family can support this. They must be extremely desperate. Or they could look at you as she is old, doesn't have long to live, we'll reaffirm her child's lost faith. And then sell her child to some warlord.

[This message has been edited by sonomod (edited 13 December 2004).]

You are positively creepy, sick and creepy. Sonomod please please please seek professional help.

Posts: 850 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ge Ge
Member # 3868

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ge Ge     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Akshar, Why do you bother to reply to this moron. You owe this person no explaination of your lifestyle.

I always find people that are unhappy, have very low self esteem, no confidence, are extremely ugly with their words.

Such a pity to have a life full of such sour thoughts and empty of sweet ones.

We can only hope that they waste no more of their precious time trying to convince themselves that they would not want your life Jane.

Posts: 343 | From: Wiltshire, England | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by kimo_the_maniac:
You are positively creepy, sick and creepy. Sonomod please please please seek professional help.

No I am not in the least bit creepy. Wait a minute isn't egyptsearch forumn's keeping you from entertaining the money bags on EGYPTMAD? Obviously you have no problem entertaining a bunch of old bags who have no respect for Islam or your country's morality structure.

At least your a good 'Little European'.

Isn't it strange that the only part of Islam they will honor is this Urfi wife crap?

Go back to your hole and entertain the old hags.

Darkeyes
Member # 6058

Member Rated:
quote:
My attitude is just fine, your's is predatory. Thank God that you'll be dead soon. There isn't the health care available to handle your problems and your time will run out someway or another.

What kind of a sick bitch are you, Sonomod? Don't you realize it's yourself and YOUR husband you are making look bad. To say things like this to someone you don't even know is the lowest of the low. I hope they take your children away from you. You shouldn't be allowed to raise them.

Autobahn
Member # 6098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Autobahn         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

At least your a good 'Little European'.

For all of your so called "education" you sure didn't learn how to spell. At least three of your posts have "your" when you mean "you're" and "their" when it should be "they're" and "quite" instead of "quiet". I wouldn't be calling other people ignorant if I were you because your poor spelling, foul words, and hateful attacks show that you are the ignorant one.

Posts: 229 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Autobahn
Member # 6098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Autobahn         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
No I am not in the least bit creepy.

Yes, in fact, you are.

Posts: 229 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Nile Watcher:
For all of your so called "education" you sure didn't learn how to spell. At least three of your posts have "your" when you mean "you're" and "their" when it should be "they're" and "quite" instead of "quiet". I wouldn't be calling other people ignorant if I were you because your poor spelling, foul words, and hateful attacks show that you are the ignorant one.

Spelling isnt exactly an artform on this or any other forumn.

While your spewing your own attacks for no obvious reason. I haven't attacked you and have no reason. You are validating this sick practice of prostitution.

Sex tourism seems to be a mainstay on this forumn.

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
This is creepy:

Printable Version of Topic

-Egypt Mad
+--Forum: General Discussion
+---Topic: EM's Mr Universe started by Louisa
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by: Louisa on Nov. 25 2004,19:25

All the above have been nominated & we would like to know from each man the reasons why he should win EM Mr Universe, ask yourself the following questions;

1) What have you done in your life that has helped others

2) What are your future goals

3) What hobbies do you do

4) Can you cook & look after yourself

5) Are you an attentive lover always eager to please

6) Do you know how to put on a good party (perfect host)

7) Are you romantic

8) Can you wire a plug

9) Can you admit to watching porno movies

10) If you won would you be man enough to wear a crown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted by: Louisa on Nov. 25 2004,19:40

I forgot elmagnoon you can be a late entry
Posted by: Nemesis on Nov. 25 2004,21:51

Nothing

To live a life of self gratification.

Chasing women, drinking beer, and playing darts

Of course not

No, it's the woman's role to please me.

Definitely

7) Are you romantic

Yes, you'll always get a peck on the cheek before I roll over after a good shag

8) Can you wire a plug

Yes

Yes, but only really hard core

No, I'd look daft.

Give up now guys, we have a winner I think
Posted by: Ayisha on Nov. 25 2004,22:48

can i judge
Posted by: shisha on Nov. 26 2004,00:05

Ok I voted really shallowley, I voted with a mans mind and just picked the cute one with the six pack.

Posted by: The_Devil_Prince on Nov. 26 2004,02:32

---------------------QUOTE BEGIN-------------------
---------------------QUOTE-------------------

I've done plenty to help other people, sometimes at my own expense unfortunately. To give you an example, I supported my cousins' family for about 3yrs when I was in the Military by giving them money; despite the fact that my parents told me not to.. Later on, I found out why they didn't want me to, because 3yrs later, I haven't gotten back even 1 penny of the thousands of dollars I gave to them!

Oh well, c'est la vie! Plus, I work as a Fireman and EMT, so I help people everytime I go to work, and have saved a few lives here and there..

Honestly? I don't really know what I want to do yet. I know that I want to find some way to travel to my hearts' content, and I may try out modeling to see what it can offer me..

Zoology, History, Computers, Cars, Occult Phenomena, Spiritual Philosophy, and many others..

I can certainly look after myself, but I can't cook worth a **** unfortunately

I most certainly am. Usually, whatever woman I'm having sex with will have three orgasms before I even have my first. I derive lots of pleasure from giving; especially in a certain way.

Alcohol, food, good music, and good company. Just need those ingredients, and voila! Perfect party!

7) Are you romantic

Very much so.. I'm not a hopeless romantic though.

8) Can you wire a plug

Yes I can. I'm very good at technical and mechanical work.. Just don't ask me to do any carpentry work

Any man that says he's never watched a porno movie, is a freaking liar! So, my answer to this is obviously yes.

Just make sure it's a manly crown, and you've got yourself a deal

~Alistair
Posted by: Monkeyman on Nov. 26 2004,09:11

I must've done something, not quite sure tho.

Get married and raise a family, i'm still hesitant about popping the question tho

My favorite past-time hobby is having sex

That is an affirmative, i just made appricot crumble last night, out of scratch i might say, no ready made stuff here.

I get pleasure out of giving it, it's my duty too as a lover. One smile on my baby's face is worth it, that and it turns me on so much......

Na, never been my strong siute, but mi casa esu casa

7) Are you romantic

Yes, to a borderline pathetic point, but it seems to agree with women, so i'm not complaining

8) Can you wire a plug

phhhh....i like to work with my hands.....and tongue, and any limb that can move back and forth.

hey, it is very inspirational to your love life, try watching a porn-flick with your partner and see what happens 10 minutes into the movie.

no freakin way!!! i will not be paraded like some zoo animal.
Posted by: kimo_the_maniac on Nov. 26 2004,11:59

All the above have been nominated & we would like to know from each man the reasons why he should win EM Mr Universe, ask yourself the following questions;

7) Are you romantic

8) Can you wire a plug

1) When I talk to people I usually manage to cheer them up.

2) Get some sleep.

3) Usually swimming, at the moment sleeping in lectures.

4) Have to. Not doing a great job, some days I think I eat cardboard and I don't notice.

5) No. I am an engineer.

6) No. I am an engineer.

7) No. Materialistic.

8) Huh?

9) Who doesn't.

10) Crown or tiara?

Come on ya motakhelefeen someone vote for me.
Posted by: moll on Nov. 26 2004,12:11

10) Crown or tiara?

Well I never, somebody just did

Kimo, I'm seeing you in a tiara, one of those silvery ones
Posted by: kimo_the_maniac on Nov. 26 2004,12:16

10) Crown or tiara?

Moll, was it u, did you vote for me huh huh huh huh?
Posted by: moll on Nov. 26 2004,12:25

Well you've got TWO votes now, Kimo

But if you REALLY want that tiara, and I know you do, maybe you should brush up on questions 5 and 7
Posted by: kimo_the_maniac on Nov. 26 2004,12:30

But if you REALLY want that tiara, and I know you do, maybe you should brush up on questions 5 and 7

Okay let's give the standard answers, women like honesty my foot:

5) Around me women always come first.

7) Do bears **** in the wood?
Posted by: moll on Nov. 26 2004,13:20

WOW kimo, you've got three votes now!

OK, No 5's an improvement

But No 7 still needs a LITTLE bit of work, want some ideas?
Posted by: Rapunzel on Nov. 26 2004,13:24

ok kimo i did vote for you, i was going to vote for sam but couldn't resist the call for the motakhalefeen out there ..
Posted by: moll on Nov. 26 2004,13:30

Rapunzel, you're seeing it too, aren't you? That silvery tiara perched on his head, the tears in his eyes as he makes his acceptance speech.........
Posted by: Rapunzel on Nov. 26 2004,13:37

Rapunzel, you're seeing it too, aren't you? That silvery tiara perched on his head, the tears in his eyes as he makes his acceptance speech.........

hehehe.. yeah, like it is there before my eyes
" i wanna thank my mom for being there for me all the time.. my dad and my agency.. and all my sweet friends, moll& Dina.. who guided me along the way till i got the crown, and all those who voted for me.. i am sending you all a big hug, you special beebol "

can i puke now ?
Posted by: Louisa on Nov. 26 2004,15:04

Glad to see all you guys are taking this seriously

I have already voted I had to vote for Neme - sympathy vote really I mean look at his answers bless him he's so honest

But then look at DP surely this guy is just too PERFECT

As for Kimo well - I think he needs our help girls

Monkeyman not bad for a monkey & I never realised you were such a romantic

It's a tough call ladies
Posted by: Anna on Nov. 26 2004,21:58

I voted Samaritaine cause I love his sense of humour besides I've heard he is good looking.
Posted by: Anna on Nov. 26 2004,22:00

For the moment Kimo seems to be the winner. Have anyone seen his pic?
Posted by: Haze on Nov. 26 2004,22:06

[quote=Louisa,Nov. 25 2004,19:25][/quote]
I make people feel good about themselves

To be a music producer/photgrapher/traveller, sharing experiences with a significant other (I'm still single though, so get in line )

See above (not as much as I'd like, still can't afford decent equipment for the music or as traveling as I'd like to do)

Yep

Oh yeah!

Don't have the proper place for it now, but I know how to please

7) Are you romantic
Yep, but I have a grasp on reality

8) Can you wire a plug
With manufacturer instructions

Sure thing, I have no shame whatsoever! But I'm not much into watching this stuff, I'd rather be doing the real thing

And a scepter!
Posted by: shisha on Nov. 27 2004,01:16

Wait ! I take back my vote, I was to hasty, I did not wait for them to post their CV's!

I re-do my vote to Kimo, bascially becuase he said the GOLDEN words he likes to TALK

whoo hoo never heard a man say that he likes to talk AND he actually makes ppl feel better

you got my vote
Posted by: Nemesis on Nov. 27 2004,15:50

I have seen his pic.
This is obviously a fix, and kimo is creating aliases and voting for himself. He's always been like that, I wouldn't trust him an inch. I think he should be disqualified for his outrageous cheating, and the runner up instated as the winner. Who would that be?
Posted by: kimo_the_maniac on Nov. 28 2004,07:21

wat habbened, I won? Thank you all, you love me you truly love me.
Posted by: kimo_the_maniac on Nov. 28 2004,07:25

I have seen his pic.
This is obviously a fix, and kimo is creating aliases and voting for himself. He's always been like that, I wouldn't trust him an inch. I think he should be disqualified for his outrageous cheating, and the runner up instated as the winner. Who would that be?

SAWWWAAAAH LE-OOOOOOSAAAAR.
I won it fair and square, you know very well that I_am_not_kimo_01 through I_am_not_kimo_06 are established and respected members of EM, so I don't want any of that mudslinging crap. Plus by saying what you said I think you are abusing your admin power, I bet you read my pm's and kill bunnies and beat up little girls and stuff.
Posted by: The_Devil_Prince on Nov. 28 2004,08:14

I have seen his pic.

Oh come on Simon!

Stop being such a "tosser!"

Let Kimo have his moment.

Let us be happy knowing, that in REAL LIFE women throw themselves at us with wreckless abandon

The bad guys always gets "first dibs!"

~Alistair
Posted by: Ayisha on Nov. 28 2004,11:59

well after much deliberation i had to vote Kimo

coz he has the ability to cry shows he has feelings
Posted by: Nemesis on Nov. 28 2004,13:05

Your'e right DP.
I'd just like to say, a big thank you to everyone who has supported me, you've all been wonderful, it's been a great campaign, we came so close. I'd also like to (choke) congratulate the winner kimo, he has my full support in his (hopefully short) term as EM Mr Universe, I'm sure is Tiara will suit him.
Posted by: Zargun on Nov. 28 2004,14:29

I just like to say that although I'm sure you are all gorgeous, I voted for the underdog (i.e. Struggler).

Don't ask me why, maybe I found one of his posts refreshingly honest.
Posted by: samaritaine on Nov. 28 2004,21:04

Just for u Mo.
Posted by: Haze on Nov. 29 2004,01:34

Three votes? That's what I got? THREE VOTES!

And I even know one of them is a pity vote

LOL
Posted by: The_Devil_Prince on Nov. 29 2004,01:59

LOL

Hey, that's one more than me, so stop complaining!

And, one that did vote for me, took it back!

The nerve!

Oh well, you know what they say..

Women are fickle!

Thats why you have to string them around

~Alistair
Posted by: Haze on Nov. 29 2004,02:24

The nerve!

You have to admit, that was funny!
Posted by: STRUGGLER on Nov. 29 2004,02:35

thx a BILLION ,Zargun. Appreciate it BUNCHES.
But u know what guys, i'll vote this time and it'll be for Kimo as this young guy is digging really hard to achieve his goals .
and my best advice to him would be :
Always , Be jealous and NOT envious and this will payoff in the end.
Posted by: Louisa on Nov. 29 2004,16:34

Kimo we need to see a pic of you wearing your tiara i mean crown

Come on Kimo do it for the girls ........

Kimo, Kimo, Kimo, we love Kimo get your kit off for the girls
Posted by: moll on Nov. 29 2004,16:38

I hope you realise this sparked off a small domestic incident when my hubby realised I'd voted for kimo....well it was actually a message from beyond, kimo is VERY popular with ex-guinea pigs
So kimo, the very LEAST you can do is show us your tiara
Posted by: Monkeyman on Nov. 30 2004,03:23

I call for a recount of votes.....

Is Kimo related to G Dubya in anyway?
Posted by: kimo_the_maniac on Nov. 30 2004,09:34

Oh man seriously, take that back, I can't even imagine it, brrr.
Posted by: kimo_the_maniac on Nov. 30 2004,09:41

Okay here are some pics from my "save the rainforest and stuff" tour as Mr. Universe:
Posted by: kimo_the_maniac on Nov. 30 2004,09:42

Hey why aren't the pics working, was gonna post some, pretty disappointed
Posted by: kimo_the_maniac on Nov. 30 2004,09:50

I hope you realise this sparked off a small domestic incident when my hubby realised I'd voted for kimo....well it was actually a message from beyond, kimo is VERY popular with ex-guinea pigs

Oh Moll, shame on you, how dare you vote for someone else? Will is such a nice guy. Plus you shouldn't vote for someone other than your husband on the Internet, or haven't you learned anything from your little episode in you know where?

Tsk tsk tsk

Will, I voted for me when I had no votes if wouldn't have tied with whatisname if I retracted it I would've given you my vote to correct the sin Moll has wrought
Posted by: moll on Nov. 30 2004,12:52

What little episode in I don't know where?

Kimo, I voted for my hubby, I am a good wife
But then I got a message from beyond, it was from Patch telling me that you're very big in guinea pig heaven and you should get another vote
Posted by: Anna on Nov. 30 2004,17:27

Kimo looks to me you're the best!
This is one for King Kimo!
Posted by: Dee on Nov. 30 2004,22:24

Awwwwww Kimo...I know how much you really meant to post those pix.
You can always email them to me and I'll make sure they get posted!
Maybe I can even photoshop a tiara on the winner's head to add to the effect.
Posted by: Fil_tarawa on Dec. 01 2004,06:00

ayayay there's a match between kimo and hazhaz!!
may the best man win!

Posted by: Haze on Dec. 01 2004,12:33

I see the tables are turning.. Interesting
Posted by: Nemesis on Dec. 01 2004,16:52

Just wondering about the new members on EM, who exactly are i_am_not_haze_01, i_am_not_haze_02, i_am_not_haze_03 etc.
Posted by: Haze on Dec. 01 2004,17:03

Just wondering about the new members on EM, who exactly are i_am_not_haze_01, i_am_not_haze_02, i_am_not_haze_03 etc.

Huh??
I have no idea what that is.. Is someone rigging the contest to my favor?

Well, I wouldn't resort to that myself (you can check IP's ), but whoever out there doing it, thanks
Posted by: Nemesis on Dec. 01 2004,17:11

Haze, just kidding you. I can take losing, I'm a good sport
Posted by: Haze on Dec. 01 2004,17:22

There's a little angy red ball next to your words that begs to disagree
Posted by: Nemesis on Dec. 01 2004,17:28

Who put that there? You're editing my posts, aren't you?
I'm gonna have to take on dubya tactics if I'm to win this darn thing
Posted by: Haze on Dec. 01 2004,17:43

The people have spoken

(well, I still need two more people to speak up and I'm all set!)
Posted by: SupremeBeing on Dec. 02 2004,03:24

The people have spoken

I just gave you my vote...

Posted by: Haze on Dec. 02 2004,23:12

The people have spoken

YEAH!
Thanks mate
Posted by: Louisa on Dec. 03 2004,14:56

haze you're disqualified on the grounds of vote rigging.

You get the booby prize a day out with Alistair on the Texas rodeo
Posted by: samaritaine on Dec. 04 2004,01:10

Haze. when I vote for you, I expected you to vote for me, not yourself....badrazz.gif.....Gee U go away for a few daze and it all goes to s**t.... But well done the winner. ..... Who ever you maybe.... BTW...Lou sweets not speaking.. .... Also, I like boobies I think they are great. so if you are any going I'll have them please.
Posted by: Haze on Dec. 04 2004,02:42

I did not rig it! It was rigged in my favor (not that it's hard to believe that all those people think I'm hot stuff ! )

The people have spoken Lou, join the masses
Posted by: Haze on Dec. 04 2004,02:45

Haze. when I vote for you, I expected you to vote for me, not yourself....badrazz.gif.....Gee U go away for a few daze and it all goes to s**t.... But well done the winner. ..... Who ever you maybe.... BTW...Lou sweets not speaking.. .... Also, I like boobies I think they are great. so if you are any going I'll have them please.

Ya pasha I would have voted for you if I hadn't nulled my vote on the first day

I figured this should be strictly for the ladies to decide at first, but turns out the guys also play a major role there
Posted by: Nemesis on Dec. 04 2004,14:44

Exactly Haze, I think you got the male vote. Now what does that say about you
Posted by: emeerza on Dec. 04 2004,17:01

LOL

it was a haaaaarrrrd haaaaarrrrd decision but in the end, you got my vote haze, and it was'nt a sympathy vote either sweetie pie

not that you needed it, i see you've won anyway
end

-Egypt Mad

7) Are you romantic

8) Can you wire a plug

Nothing

Of course not

Definitely

7) Are you romantic

8) Can you wire a plug

Yes

No, I'd look daft.

can i judge

Ok I voted really shallowley, I voted with a mans mind and just picked the cute one with the six pack.

I've done plenty to help other people, sometimes at my own expense unfortunately. To give you an example, I supported my cousins' family for about 3yrs when I was in the Military by giving them money; despite the fact that my parents told me not to.. Later on, I found out why they didn't want me to, because 3yrs later, I haven't gotten back even 1 penny of the thousands of dollars I gave to them!

Oh well, c'est la vie! Plus, I work as a Fireman and EMT, so I help people everytime I go to work, and have saved a few lives here and there..

Honestly? I don't really know what I want to do yet. I know that I want to find some way to travel to my hearts' content, and I may try out modeling to see what it can offer me..

Zoology, History, Computers, Cars, Occult Phenomena, Spiritual Philosophy, and many others..

I most certainly am. Usually, whatever woman I'm having sex with will have three orgasms before I even have my first. I derive lots of pleasure from giving; especially in a certain way.

Alcohol, food, good music, and good company. Just need those ingredients, and voila! Perfect party!

7) Are you romantic

8) Can you wire a plug

Yes I can. I'm very good at technical and mechanical work.. Just don't ask me to do any carpentry work

Any man that says he's never watched a porno movie, is a freaking liar! So, my answer to this is obviously yes.

~Alistair

Get married and raise a family, i'm still hesitant about popping the question tho

That is an affirmative, i just made appricot crumble last night, out of scratch i might say, no ready made stuff here.

I get pleasure out of giving it, it's my duty too as a lover. One smile on my baby's face is worth it, that and it turns me on so much......

7) Are you romantic

Yes, to a borderline pathetic point, but it seems to agree with women, so i'm not complaining

8) Can you wire a plug

phhhh....i like to work with my hands.....and tongue, and any limb that can move back and forth.

hey, it is very inspirational to your love life, try watching a porn-flick with your partner and see what happens 10 minutes into the movie.

7) Are you romantic

8) Can you wire a plug

2) Get some sleep.

4) Have to. Not doing a great job, some days I think I eat cardboard and I don't notice.

5) No. I am an engineer.

6) No. I am an engineer.

7) No. Materialistic.

8) Huh?

9) Who doesn't.

10) Crown or tiara?

10) Crown or tiara?

10) Crown or tiara?

ok kimo i did vote for you, i was going to vote for sam but couldn't resist the call for the motakhalefeen out there ..

" i wanna thank my mom for being there for me all the time.. my dad and my agency.. and all my sweet friends, moll& Dina.. who guided me along the way till i got the crown, and all those who voted for me.. i am sending you all a big hug, you special beebol "

can i puke now ?

I have already voted I had to vote for Neme - sympathy vote really I mean look at his answers bless him he's so honest

It's a tough call ladies

I voted Samaritaine cause I love his sense of humour besides I've heard he is good looking.

To be a music producer/photgrapher/traveller, sharing experiences with a significant other (I'm still single though, so get in line )

See above (not as much as I'd like, still can't afford decent equipment for the music or as traveling as I'd like to do)

Yep

Oh yeah!

7) Are you romantic

8) Can you wire a plug

Sure thing, I have no shame whatsoever! But I'm not much into watching this stuff, I'd rather be doing the real thing

And a scepter!

Wait ! I take back my vote, I was to hasty, I did not wait for them to post their CV's!

I re-do my vote to Kimo, bascially becuase he said the GOLDEN words he likes to TALK

whoo hoo never heard a man say that he likes to talk AND he actually makes ppl feel better

you got my vote

I have seen his pic.

I have seen his pic.

I won it fair and square, you know very well that I_am_not_kimo_01 through I_am_not_kimo_06 are established and respected members of EM, so I don't want any of that mudslinging crap. Plus by saying what you said I think you are abusing your admin power, I bet you read my pm's and kill bunnies and beat up little girls and stuff.

I have seen his pic.

Oh come on Simon!

Let us be happy knowing, that in REAL LIFE women throw themselves at us with wreckless abandon

~Alistair

Your'e right DP.
I'd just like to say, a big thank you to everyone who has supported me, you've all been wonderful, it's been a great campaign, we came so close. I'd also like to (choke) congratulate the winner kimo, he has my full support in his (hopefully short) term as EM Mr Universe, I'm sure is Tiara will suit him.

I just like to say that although I'm sure you are all gorgeous, I voted for the underdog (i.e. Struggler).

Just for u Mo.

LOL

LOL

The nerve!

Women are fickle!

~Alistair

The nerve!

But u know what guys, i'll vote this time and it'll be for Kimo as this young guy is digging really hard to achieve his goals .

Okay here are some pics from my "save the rainforest and stuff" tour as Mr. Universe:

Oh Moll, shame on you, how dare you vote for someone else? Will is such a nice guy. Plus you shouldn't vote for someone other than your husband on the Internet, or haven't you learned anything from your little episode in you know where?

Tsk tsk tsk

Will, I voted for me when I had no votes if wouldn't have tied with whatisname if I retracted it I would've given you my vote to correct the sin Moll has wrought

But then I got a message from beyond, it was from Patch telling me that you're very big in guinea pig heaven and you should get another vote

may the best man win!

Huh??

Well, I wouldn't resort to that myself (you can check IP's ), but whoever out there doing it, thanks

The people have spoken

The people have spoken

The people have spoken

YEAH!
Thanks mate

I did not rig it! It was rigged in my favor (not that it's hard to believe that all those people think I'm hot stuff ! )

I figured this should be strictly for the ladies to decide at first, but turns out the guys also play a major role there

LOL

it was a haaaaarrrrd haaaaarrrrd decision but in the end, you got my vote haze, and it was'nt a sympathy vote either sweetie pie

end

-Egypt Mad

7) Are you romantic

8) Can you wire a plug

Nothing

Of course not

Definitely

7) Are you romantic

8) Can you wire a plug

Yes

No, I'd look daft.

can i judge

7) Are you romantic

8) Can you wire a plug

~Alistair

7) Are you romantic

8) Can you wire a plug

7) Are you romantic

8) Can you wire a plug

2) Get some sleep.

5) No. I am an engineer.

6) No. I am an engineer.

7) No. Materialistic.

8) Huh?

9) Who doesn't.

10) Crown or tiara?

10) Crown or tiara?

10) Crown or tiara?

can i puke now ?

It's a tough call ladies

Yep

Oh yeah!

7) Are you romantic

8) Can you wire a plug

And a scepter!

you got my vote

I have seen his pic.

I have seen his pic.

I have seen his pic.

Oh come on Simon!

~Alistair

Your'e right DP.

Just for u Mo.

LOL

LOL

The nerve!

Women are fickle!

~Alistair

The nerve!

Tsk tsk tsk

may the best man win!

Huh??

The people have spoken

The people have spoken

The people have spoken

YEAH!
Thanks mate

LOL

end