EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » school comparison

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: school comparison
gonewiththewind
Member # 1741

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gonewiththewind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear All,
Does anybody have personal infos(f.e:knows some family who have their children in these schools/teached/know a teacher or ex teacher)for these schools listed below: 1.Narmer School In Maadi (also known as Narmer American College), 2.ELS(egeyptian Language School)New Cairo, 3.Egypt 2000 new cairo.4.El besheir, Maadi.
Any info(I didnt mean the administrational things--cause I already got their cds and as well as applied for my son in all this schools)or help to choose one out of it. I got to make a decision before end of this month.
Thanks, Folk for help...

Posts: 38 | From: cairo | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xsomewhereibelongx
Member # 7185

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xsomewhereibelongx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by gonewiththewind:
Dear All,
Does anybody have personal infos(f.e:knows some family who have their children in these schools/teached/know a teacher or ex teacher)for these schools listed below: 1.Narmer School In Maadi (also known as Narmer American College), 2.ELS(egeyptian Language School)New Cairo, 3.Egypt 2000 new cairo.4.El besheir, Maadi.
Any info(I didnt mean the administrational things--cause I already got their cds and as well as applied for my son in all this schools)or help to choose one out of it. I got to make a decision before end of this month.
Thanks, Folk for help...

Al Bashaer IGCSE = two words FORGET IT

Primary section is alot better but the best education you can get here is no doubt the british education

Posts: 10 | From: egypt | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
germansara
Member # 5920

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for germansara     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, dear,

My husband worked for a couple of monthes in the Basheir School.
It is not so much expensive like the british f.e., you find all teachers moslems, the women are covered.
They teach them to be good moslems.
In other schools you can find lots of 'halfdressed' foreignteachers.
They have a nice coloured schooldress.

You should go there and check it out.

Your sister Sara

Posts: 909 | From: Germany/Egypt | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brigitte
Member # 6771

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for brigitte     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

I put out my children after one year in the Egypt 2000 school since them they are going to the El Nozha Language School. I had much trouble with the teachers

Brigitte

Posts: 73 | From: Al Rehab City | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gonewiththewind
Member # 1741

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gonewiththewind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Sara,xsomewhereibelongx, and brigitte, Thanks a lot for info.Very much apreciated. The original plan was german school dokki.But I was too late. They accept no more kids since beginning this year. Another school (europa schule in new cairo), almost double in price and they still new. So I thought it doesnt worth it.I know that British curiculum Is the best. But soon my other kid needs a school as well and it will be way a bit expensive for me.American system in narmer or egypt 2000 will be cheaper. Other option was:national (english) curriculum in ELS or El beshair and then in level 9 move them to IGCSE.Anyway. Now I am more confuse than before ....

Posts: 38 | From: cairo | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xsomewhereibelongx
Member # 7185

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xsomewhereibelongx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Dear Sara,xsomewhereibelongx, and brigitte, Thanks a lot for info.Very much apreciated. The original plan was german school dokki.But I was too late. They accept no more kids since beginning this year. Another school (europa schule in new cairo), almost double in price and they still new. So I thought it doesnt worth it.I know that British curiculum Is the best. But soon my other kid needs a school as well and it will be way a bit expensive for me.American system in narmer or egypt 2000 will be cheaper. Other option was:national (english) curriculum in ELS or El beshair and then in level 9 move them to IGCSE.Anyway. Now I am more confuse than before ....

lol okay i understand,the british fees here are SO high when you need to put loads of kids in a school.My advice:IGCSE in al-bashaer is really really really rubbish.I'm in it and it's so unorganized.I camer from the UK so maybe i find the egyptian organization system unbearable?If youre used to it here then go ahead...

Posts: 10 | From: egypt | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gonewiththewind
Member # 1741

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for gonewiththewind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, alright.El beshair is out then.(I have heard,but ignored 2 similar comment.From egyptian.One even moved their kids to another school.The things I was liking on that school is the islamic education, cause I personally wont be able to teach them this.As well as they wont have loads of homework cause its a full day system).
EGYPT 2000 ..probably out as well. And since ELS building and ppl seems more like "egyptian governmental office"(nothing personal..its,just I am also not used yet to the chaos and unorganized system in many places here)Then I hope Narmer school maadi will accept(they seem getting so many applications..).I heard they are well organized and dicipline. I also have seen that the children in the national curriculum are speaking english with a british accent, Which is great!. Thanks for info, once more .

xsomewhereibelongx
Member # 7185

Rate Member
quote:
So, alright.El beshair is out then.(I have heard,but ignored 2 similar comment.From egyptian.One even moved their kids to another school.The things I was liking on that school is the islamic education, cause I personally wont be able to teach them this.As well as they wont have loads of homework cause its a full day system).
EGYPT 2000 ..probably out as well. And since ELS building and ppl seems more like "egyptian governmental office"(nothing personal..its,just I am also not used yet to the chaos and unorganized system in many places here)Then I hope Narmer school maadi will accept(they seem getting so many applications..).I heard they are well organized and dicipline. I also have seen that the children in the national curriculum are speaking english with a british accent, Which is great!. Thanks for info, once more .

Just hoping you put your kids in the right place.Bashaer boasts about it's religious education and it's not all they say.It's been going downhill over the last few years...

If your looking for religious schools then check out Al Waha language school in mokattam.It's religious based and seems okayish but it seems all langauge schools have a problem with organization.They provide busses to maadi too.

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
May I ask what the yearly school fee is now for the German School in Dokki?

I remember this school having a great reputation. Students and parents said its a tough school with lots of homework. I participated in couple of events at this school and was very impressed (I felt like home )

[This message has been edited by Tigerlily (edited 07 April 2005).]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com