EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » help for my son in Sixth October

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: help for my son in Sixth October
Light
Member # 7834

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Light     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Salaam everyone.

My nine-year-old son is going to be spending the summer with his grandparents in Sittah October and I am going to miss him so much!! I need to stay in NY to finish my book and my husband will be with our son for June but then he needs to go work in Turkey (long story).

Anyhow, my son has a high-functioning form of autism called Asperger's Syndrome and he forgets skills quickly. He is really bright, but has had to struggle with this all his life (being able to help him more here is one of the reasons we moved back to the US). I want him to spend the time with his grandparents and cousins (they all love him so much!), but I am worried that he will back track on a lot of the accomplishments he has from this year..

SO, if anyone knows of a tutor for any of the following skills that could meet with him in Six October City, PLEASE let me know. He loves to swim and is starting karate (we are members of the nady, so hopefully we can find instructors/classes there). He also plays viola and will take his with him there. And most importantly, if there is a patient and loving person who would work with him on third-grade reading and math skills a few hours a week, it would make a HUGE difference.

Finally, if ANY of you would mind just calling him a few times and chatting in English with him a bit, I'd really appreciate it. I know he will have fun but I also want him not to back-track in English (last time I was away for the summer he really did). I am planning on web-camming with him regularly, but feeling like a "friend of mama's" is around will be comforting to him I know.

Thanks and God bless you. It is so nice to watch/listen to the community online.

Light

Posts: 4 | From: NY, USA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear light,

I fully understand your concerns. My son which will turn five was early in life diagnosed with possible Asperger's Syndrome or some mild form of Autism.

But the doctors were wrong, whatever it was, he came out of his "bubble" and started finally to communicate with the world. We as parents where so helpless of how to deal with him, what the future will hold for him. I cried myself many nights to sleep.

Our son is still severe speech-delayed, attending a special needs program, has problems to adjust to changes but he's getting there. We are so much relieved be the progress he did within the last year.

All the best for your son.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Found the following link for the Egyptian Autistic Society on the net. Please get in contact with them.

http://www.autismuk.com/index18.htm

[This message has been edited by Tigerlily (edited 03 June 2005).]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Light
Member # 7834

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Light     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tigerliliy,

May God bless you. Thanks for the link and the support. I hope your son is doing well; Ifty is doing fine but does have to struggle with lots of things we take for granted. Your prayers are very appreciated. Light

Posts: 4 | From: NY, USA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com