EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Traditional marriage

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Traditional marriage
Danielab
Member # 5743

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Danielab     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A male egyptian muslim friend ask to me what I think about traditional muslim marriage , because his family are pressuring so that marry, they have presented already to a lady, he is engagement now, but he does not if later born the love.
Becasue all his life was to marry for love.

He was very in love before , but his family never was agree.

And I dont know what to say to him.

Do you think that the traditional muslim marriage can work? Do you believe that later can be born the love?

Posts: 33 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Danielab:
A male egyptian muslim friend ask to me what I think about traditional muslim marriage , because his family are pressuring so that marry, they have presented already to a lady, he is engagement now, but he does not if later born the love.
Becasue all his life was to marry for love.

He was very in love before , but his family never was agree.

And I dont know what to say to him.

Do you think that the traditional muslim marriage can work? Do you believe that later can be born the love?

Are you sure he's just a friend?

And why are you are looking to start a flame war so often. They only times you have chosen to post or to start a thread usually ends up a huge mess. I think its intentional.

And mind you why did Egypt manage to increase its population so fast and without alot of divorce? Why does Egyptian culture have so much harmony and compassion? Because traditional marriages work.

Drop the damn agenda.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nevermind
Member # 6674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nevermind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Traditional marriages work with traditional kind of people who believe in them. Everything works when you believe in it. And Egyptian people can be so non-demanding from life. It is a good quality in that it enables them be more happy with less of everything, but on the other half - if you are content with less then you also lack the strive for more and you end up with no advancement for your country and people.

As always, extremes may be harmful but moderation might help.

Posts: 1051 | From: Menoufeya | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
puppy
Member # 6116

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for puppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it works very well with the most egyptians. It is a part of their culture,normal life.

But how trustful are those men..if they are working in other town,than his home is..specially with tourism citys, i saw many of them are cheating their wifes..cause there is not real strong love between man and wife..

My own husband was married with tradition way, and it was ok for him from the beginning..
But the end, his wife doesnt want to live faraway from her mom...and cause there was not strong love between two of them..so they divorced.

My opinion is,that if some egyptian men have real feelings for some lady, go for it..dont marry traditional way..
it will cost u someday..some of us needs more love than others..sometimes is just better follow ur hearth..but it can cost u something,u must be ready for it..and speacially,if u marry a foreigner woman, it is total different life,than if u marry an egyptian. if u like a safe and tradition life,dont marry foreigner..we cant give it for u.

[This message has been edited by puppy (edited 12 July 2005).]

Posts: 263 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I honestly don't think it is working anymore in the modern parts of Egypt and most families are moving away from it. The divorce rates bear this out.

In the more rural areas it will be different as the pressures of modern life are not the same and traditional family life will be more the norm.

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com