EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » 4 Those foreigners who have Egyptian bf or husband (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: 4 Those foreigners who have Egyptian bf or husband
scarlet water
Member # 8185

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for scarlet water     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi,as well as u i have egyptian bf.he is nice person,not lookin for a visa 2 my country,which is already checked
everything mashy tamam so far,thanks God,but anyway day after day i understand that we r from different worlds,however he travelled a lot,and he knows other cultures.
he is strict,but its ok with me,since am moslim and i feel ok to obey him,i mean to stay at home and so on...am very patient person,but sometimes i do things,which r actually nothing in my homeland,and almost a crime over here(am not talkin ab flirtin with guys or any stuff like that).sure he gets angry,but i just don understand even why sometimes and all he says is :"its not nice here,ppl will get u wrong!"
am just so afraid that i will never be able to understand some rules over here.how did u solve those problems,if u ever had them?

Posts: 120 | From: egypt,cairo | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chiggie
Member # 3526

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chiggie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Egyptian husband and i have an understanding. He's the boss outside the house or in front of relatives. I am the boss in the home.

I do still make mistakes such as eating with my left hand occasionally or forgetting to cover my hair if a non relative enters but usually he just throws me 'that look' or makes a clicking sound to alert me to something that isnt 'acceptable'.

As i dont actually live in Egypt with him, quite often i forget some of the social niceties in the 3 months between visits. It does pee me off sometimes to be treated like a child in public but i get my own back in private...lol

Posts: 29 | From: portsmouth, UK | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got the most laid back Egyptian fiance on the planet it seems. He doesn't mind anything I do, ever. The *only* time he expressed some displeasure with something I wanted to do was when I mentioned I wanted to go on vacation to India with a girl friend of mine. I'm not sure if he doesn't like the idea of my travelling without him, or he just sees no need to go to India.

But in normal everyday stuff, he's the most uncontrolling, uncritical man I've ever dated.

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
didi_elsayed
Member # 4763

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted      Profile for didi_elsayed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello to you scarlet water!
I am married an egyptian as well,but we live in Bulgaria,not in Egypt,which make the position little different,and i can say more easy from 1 side!
As first i dont have to cover my head,as i am not muslim,and in the time when i was with his parents,relatives...i didnt cover my hair!He never make me feel bad from this point,& they knew good that im christian and i dont have to do that!I put hijab there about 3 times,just coz these guys can make me mad,so i prefered that by myself,but not for long!I understand the problems that u meet as absolutely normal,& i think it would be more easy for you as muslima!
Problems about my clothes we never had,as i wear respectful clothes always!I dont look around,dont flirt,even dont go out a lot,especially without him!so these things do not bother us!
I didnt understand which things exactly that u make are so unacceptable ....but just try to understand it from their side,i had some difficulties in the beginning too,to fully understand everything which in his eyes is bad,and sometimes i still do not understand some things!
But we live here,and the things are more easy for me,no matter when we were there i didnt find it so difficult too!
I hope that everything will be fine of course,& dont worry all these things pass with the time !
Salam

Posts: 1134 | From: NoNe oF uR BuSiNeS | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chiggie:
My Egyptian husband and i have an understanding. He's the boss outside the house or in front of relatives. I am the boss in the home.

I do still make mistakes such as eating with my left hand occasionally or forgetting to cover my hair if a non relative enters but usually he just throws me 'that look' or makes a clicking sound to alert me to something that isnt 'acceptable'.

As i dont actually live in Egypt with him, quite often i forget some of the social niceties in the 3 months between visits. It does pee me off sometimes to be treated like a child in public but i get my own back in private...lol

what on earth is wrong with eating with your left hand??? nothing in islam says that you can only eat with your right. it really bothers me when people say that

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valerie
Member # 6806

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Valerie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think its because they use the left hand in the toilet........
Posts: 290 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do understand what you mean.

I tried to always check things out with my husband but occassionaly I would just not think it was something important. For example I hung out my washing and had my underwear on show. He explained that in Luxor women hid it on the back row or under a sheet. He spent loads of time explaining things to me and I tried to ask him about anything else So apart from the washing I didn't make that many mistakes.

But he never got angry with me, he was endlessly patient and even laughed about ti sometimes. I don't think it is right if your b/f is getting angry. You are trying your best and actually if you think about it it is his fault if you get it wrong. When someone moves countries it is the responsiblity of the spouse whose country it is to educate you in the ways of his country.

[This message has been edited by akshar (edited 14 September 2005).]

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chiggie
Member # 3526

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chiggie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eating with the right hand is a social thing. Of course you can use the left hand as well for things like tearing bread but not for putting the food in your mouth.

why do you think they used to cut the right hand off of thieves? It was so they couldnt eat in polite company.

Posts: 29 | From: portsmouth, UK | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nooralhaq
Member # 5823

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for nooralhaq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 7aya:

what on earth is wrong with eating with your left hand??? nothing in islam says that you can only eat with your right. it really bothers me when people say that

I agree, I believe this is cultural and nothing more. Well if she must eat with her right hand, then he must shake hands and not kiss cheeks when greetings friends
I say trade one cultural habit for another hehehehe

Posts: 1706 | From: Dallas, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nooralhaq
Member # 5823

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for nooralhaq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

What is this clicking sound they make??
The first time I heard it, I just stood there staring trying to figure out what it meant?? After I saw the head nod (as if in disappointment) I almost laughed out loud, we do this to young children here....
And also where they hold one hand up with fingers all together as if to say 'hold on' or 'just a minute', but to us it means money. LOL The first time I saw this I thought' ooh goody, MONEY MONEY MONEY!'
(kidding on that one of course )

Posts: 1706 | From: Dallas, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Eating with the right hand is a social thing. Of course you can use the left hand as well for things like tearing bread but not for putting the food in your mouth.

why do you think they used to cut the right hand off of thieves? It was so they couldnt eat in polite company.

its not a "social thing," im egyptian and been here all my life. never heard of it being described as social, people just think that its what islam orders and its not.

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by scarlet water:
he is strict,but its ok with me,since am moslim and i feel ok to obey him,i mean to stay at home and so on...

You're not a child, so why would you have to obey him???

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

he is strict,but its ok with me,since am moslim and i feel ok to obey him,i mean to stay at home and so on...

You're not his dog, so why should you obey him???

quote:
am just so afraid that i will never be able to understand some rules over here.how did u solve those problems,if u ever had them?

I think it's normal to make a few mistakes or commit cultural fauxpas when you first come here. But if you keep an open mind, watch people and how they act and, most importantly, speak to Egyptians about things you might not understand you'll be fine.

[This message has been edited by Dalia (edited 14 September 2005).]

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scarlet water
Member # 8185

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for scarlet water     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 7aya:

if am not mistaken,when u use ur left hand for eating,it means u r feedin shaitan "demon",by islam.so u have to eat with ur right hand only!

Posts: 120 | From: egypt,cairo | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scarlet water
Member # 8185

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for scarlet water     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

You're not his dog, so why should you obey him???

am not a dog or a child,i didn say or mean that!don invent things,plz.
to obey him is not smth strange or difficult for me,i don mind,moreover i like it,coz i love him and i want to be good wife inshallah.probably u misunderstood me.

scarlet water
Member # 8185

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Snoozin:
I've got the most laid back Egyptian fiance on the planet it seems. He doesn't mind anything I do, ever. The *only* time he expressed some displeasure with something I wanted to do was when I mentioned I wanted to go on vacation to India with a girl friend of mine. I'm not sure if he doesn't like the idea of my travelling without him, or he just sees no need to go to India.

But in normal everyday stuff, he's the most uncontrolling, uncritical man I've ever dated.

yeahhh,u r very lucky as well as me,even if my bf is the most contorolling person ever!
anyway thank u for ur reply

Leila
Member # 8539

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leila     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

if am not mistaken,when u use ur left hand for eating,it means u r feedin shaitan "demon",by islam.so u have to eat with ur right hand only!

sorry to to tell you this but thats ridiculous, whoever told you that really doesn't know what they are talking about.

[This message has been edited by Leila (edited 14 September 2005).]

Posts: 201 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scarlet water
Member # 8185

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by diana_ivanova:
Hello to you scarlet water!
I am married an egyptian as well,but we live in Bulgaria,not in Egypt,which make the position little different,and i can say more easy from 1 side!
As first i dont have to cover my head,as i am not muslim,and in the time when i was with his parents,relatives...i didnt cover my hair!He never make me feel bad from this point,& they knew good that im christian and i dont have to do that!I put hijab there about 3 times,just coz these guys can make me mad,so i prefered that by myself,but not for long!I understand the problems that u meet as absolutely normal,& i think it would be more easy for you as muslima!
Problems about my clothes we never had,as i wear respectful clothes always!I dont look around,dont flirt,even dont go out a lot,especially without him!so these things do not bother us!
I didnt understand which things exactly that u make are so unacceptable ....but just try to understand it from their side,i had some difficulties in the beginning too,to fully understand everything which in his eyes is bad,and sometimes i still do not understand some things!
But we live here,and the things are more easy for me,no matter when we were there i didnt find it so difficult too!
I hope that everything will be fine of course,& dont worry all these things pass with the time !
Salam

hi,am reading ur posts all the time.seems ur husband is not strict person,which is not strange,coz once they live egypt,they change a lot,i mean they turn to be more open minded.
i don know whats gona happen in my situation,but i hope we will find the way,inshallah

scarlet water
Member # 8185

Rate Member
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Leila:
[B] sorry to to tell you this but thats ridiculous, whoever told you that really doesn't know what they are talking about.

thank u,i don know really,maybe its not true.so am not tellin its a fact.

scarlet water
Member # 8185

Rate Member
[QUOTE]Originally posted by akshar:
[B]

But he never got angry with me, he was endlessly patient and even laughed about ti sometimes. I don't think it is right if your b/f is getting angry. You are trying your best and actually if you think about it it is his fault if you get it wrong. When someone moves countries it is the responsiblity of the spouse whose country it is to educate you in the ways of his country.

i know,i know,but this is his nature generally in everything,that he is getting angry so quickly,but then when he comes himself he explains everything in a proper way,actually i got used to that,so its almost fine.the problem is that sometimes he treats me as an egyptian,i mean he blames me that i did smth wrong,as if i should know that its wrong i live in Egypt almost for 2 years and am getting use to things over here step by step.so the most important thing for me is being patient,which will help me in everything.

daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Do you feel as if he is not respecting you? I understand holding traditional gender roles within a relationship, and respect anyone's desire to do that, but to me, it *never* works unless both people genuinely respect one another as human beings.

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some ladies here really do paint a picture of their men still living in the dark ages. If you are happy with that and being controlled and staying in the home then I guess that's OK.

My husband married me as a westerner so that is what he got. If he wanted an Egyptian wife then he would have married one. Neither of us is the boss, neither controls the other. My husband has taught me to stand on my own two feet so that I can manage as well in Egyptian society as in my own. He has always encouraged me to go out by myself to do things and no it has not always been easy but that way you learn to cope.
As for matters of dressing conservatively and acting with decorum well that goes without saying and should be automatic for any lady married to an Egyptian.

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry 7aya and Leila, it is related to Islam:

When a man ate with his left hand in his presence, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “Eat with your right hand.” He said, “I cannot.” He said, “May you never be able to!” Nothing was stopping him but his stubborn arrogance, and he never raised his right hand to his mouth after that. (Reported by Muslim, 3776). According to a report narrated by al-Daarimi, “his right hand never reached his mouth”. This man suffered paralysis because of the du’aa’ of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

“When any one of you eats, let him eat with his right hand, and when he drinks, let him drink with his right hand, because the Shaytaan eats with his left hand and drinks with his left hand.” (Reported by Muslim, 3764).

Ahmad reported with a hasan isnaad from ‘Aa’ishah and attributed to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): “Whoever eats with his left hand, the Shaytaan eats with him.” (Tuhfat al-Ahwadhi, commentary on hadeeth 1721).

Hafsah (may Allaah be pleased with her), the wife of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to use his right hand for eating, drinking and getting dressed and his left hand for everything else. (Reported by Abu Dawood, no. 30)

Some people may have a real problem that prevents them from using their right hand, such as being paralyzed and so on. In this case they are excused and there is no blame on them. Al-Nawawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: “If he has an excuse for not eating and drinking with his right hand, such as sickness or an injury, then this is not makrooh…”
http://63.175.194.25/index.php?cs=prn&ln=eng&QR=3020&dgn=4&dgn=2

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scarlet water
Member # 8185

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Snoozin:
Do you feel as if he is not respecting you? I understand holding traditional gender roles within a relationship, and respect anyone's desire to do that, but to me, it *never* works unless both people genuinely respect one another as human beings.

no no,he respects me a lot,i understand what u r talkign about,he just doesn want me to be in a bad situations.when he is with me,he doesn worry,but when am alone,its a different story,u know what i mean.

didi_elsayed
Member # 4763

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for didi_elsayed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi again Scarlet,
no i dont mean that he isnt strict,even right the opposite,after the moment he left Egypt,he bacame even more religious and believing to his religion,than he was in Egypt for example!He adore his religion and always respect it,and defend it passionately any time that he have this opportunity!I know many arab mixed families here,ehere the men are more european than the women,believe me,which i dont mean to be good at all!Im more than happy that he keep himself even more now,seems that when he is away from his lovely country he miss it so much,even yesterday we were talking about moving there one day,as he have a home sickness already!
About the eating with left hand i never heared in my life!About the hijab-he cant be so strict dear Scarlet,as i am christian!The wearing is not just a fashion,or to make him happy,its part of deep religious beliefs,and i am not muslima!My desire for now is to stay what i am,and not to convert,without i ignore this opportunity as whole for the future,we never know the future!
He never gets so angry with me,to have fights or smth for these things,he just explain to me carefully and with great patience,giving me examples as common in Islam,not for our case only!Thx God that he is so calm character,coz im the opposite,very wild and emotional which not always is a Plus!
Wish you the best again!
Lots of Love!
Didi

Posts: 1134 | From: NoNe oF uR BuSiNeS | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scarlet water
Member # 8185

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Leila:
sorry to to tell you this but thats ridiculous, whoever told you that really doesn't know what they are talking about.

according to the posts of newcomer,which i knew b4 and was explainin the same way to 7aya,u really don know what r u talkin about.

Leila
Member # 8539

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leila     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for pointing that out to me newcomer, it really is news to me but just doesn't seem to make all that much sense (especially dressing with only your right hand).. i'll have to read into this more. Thanks

quote:
Originally posted by newcomer:

When a man ate with his left hand in his presence, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “Eat with your right hand.” He said, “I cannot.” He said, “May you never be able to!” Nothing was stopping him but his stubborn arrogance, and he never raised his right hand to his mouth after that. (Reported by Muslim, 3776). According to a report narrated by al-Daarimi, “his right hand never reached his mouth”. This man suffered paralysis because of the du’aa’ of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

“When any one of you eats, let him eat with his right hand, and when he drinks, let him drink with his right hand, because the Shaytaan eats with his left hand and drinks with his left hand.” (Reported by Muslim, 3764).

Ahmad reported with a hasan isnaad from ‘Aa’ishah and attributed to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): “Whoever eats with his left hand, the Shaytaan eats with him.” (Tuhfat al-Ahwadhi, commentary on hadeeth 1721).

Hafsah (may Allaah be pleased with her), the wife of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to use his right hand for eating, drinking and getting dressed and his left hand for everything else. (Reported by Abu Dawood, no. 30)

Some people may have a real problem that prevents them from using their right hand, such as being paralyzed and so on. In this case they are excused and there is no blame on them. Al-Nawawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: “If he has an excuse for not eating and drinking with his right hand, such as sickness or an injury, then this is not makrooh…”

Posts: 201 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leila
Member # 8539

Member Rated:
quote:

according to the posts of newcomer,which i knew b4 and was explainin the same way to 7aya,u really don know what r u talkin about.

you're right, it seems i was wrong on this one.

misfit
Member # 8880

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for misfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm sorry to say that most of you who posted here are pathetic, submissive females, the way you are thinking will get you into lots of sh*t with your egyptian men, take it from an egyptian man.
you need to have a bit more respect for your own cultures and back grounds and a little more self esteem, there's no need to lose yourself completely to a new foreign culture!

[This message has been edited by misfit (edited 14 September 2005).]

Posts: 956 | From: nowhere | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
misfit
Member # 8880

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for misfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Penny:
Some ladies here really do paint a picture of their men still living in the dark ages. If you are happy with that and being controlled and staying in the home then I guess that's OK.

My husband married me as a westerner so that is what he got. If he wanted an Egyptian wife then he would have married one. Neither of us is the boss, neither controls the other. My husband has taught me to stand on my own two feet so that I can manage as well in Egyptian society as in my own. He has always encouraged me to go out by myself to do things and no it has not always been easy but that way you learn to cope.
As for matters of dressing conservatively and acting with decorum well that goes without saying and should be automatic for any lady married to an Egyptian.

that's the only sensible post in this thread, hats off to you and your wise husband Penny, that's how a respectable relationship should be!

Posts: 956 | From: nowhere | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
misfit
Member # 8880

Rate Member
quote:

surprised to see how little you know about your religion Leila.

it's ridiculous alright, yet you subscribed to it in a second once you found out it's part of the religion, you didn't even try to question the validity of the sources, is this what a muslim should do? obey blindly even the most rediculous of thoughts?

Leila
Member # 8539

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by misfit:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Leila:
[b] sorry to to tell you this but thats ridiculous, whoever told you that really doesn't know what they are talking about.

surprised to see how little you know about your religion Leila.

it's rediculous alright, yet you subscribed to it in a second once you found out it's part of the religion, you didn't even try to question the validity of the sources, is this what a muslim should do? obey blindly even the most rediculous of thoughts?

[/B][/QUOTE]

I don't obey anything blindly, if you read my words you would see that i said i had to 'read into it more' and that it 'seems' that i am wrong. Until i find out more informaton i am going to hold off on giving my opinion... and just because i didn't know about this doesn't mean i know little about my religion.

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

LOOOL !

And you call my comments stupid?! What do you call this then?! Do you think this has any logic to it? Do you really think that shaitan is desperately waiting to go out for dinner with someone who would eat with his left hand?

Religion is so not this!

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
misfit
Member # 8880

Rate Member
quote:
and just because i didn't know about this doesn't mean i know little about my religion.

I don't mean to upset you Leila, but everyone knows you have to bloody eat with your right hand, you have to use it for everything (poor left handeds).
you also have to enter places with your right foot, if you as a muslim have been entering rooms with your left foot (like that infidel daniel day louis), then you have been "fi dalalen mobeen" all your life!

and excuse me Leila, "read into" what and explore what? you wanna find out whether it's true that shaitan eats with his left hand? this is absurd by itself.
you said it's ridiculous, you know it's ridiculous, it is so ridiculous, the only way to get out of this ridiculousness is to reject it alltogether, i can only deny that the prophet would say such non sense in order to keep what's left of my faith (if there is anything left of it after all this absurdity).

daria1975
Member # 6244

quote:
i'm sorry to say that most of you who posted here are pathetic, submissive females, the way you are thinking will get you into lots of sh*t with your egyptian men, take it from an egyptian man.
you need to have a bit more respect for your own cultures and back grounds and a little more self esteem, there's no need to lose yourself completely to a new foreign culture!

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:

i know these hadiths newcomer, and i doubt very much their authenticity. prophet mohamed pbuh was a right hander, so ofcourse it was easy for him to eat, drink, and dress with the right hand. people who are lefthanders find it much more difficult. further, i find islam a very deep and fascinating religion, so it seems kind of silly to discuss trivial matters like eating with the right hand or left hand. you know the entire world is advancing and we are still wondering if we should enter the bathroom with the riht foot or left foot! additionally. i doubt very much that a man like prophet mohamed pbuh would damn someone and make him paralyzed just because he happened to eat with his right. this is just not the kind of person he was. and many people just make up stuff and then say that this hadeeth is sahih or bukhari

misfit
Member # 8880

Rate Member
quote:
[B] the Prophet said, “May you never be able to!” Nothing was stopping him but his stubborn arrogance, and he never raised his right hand to his mouth after that. “his right hand never reached his mouth”. This man suffered paralysis because of the du’aa’ of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

the prophet (PABOABUH) performs miracles, he caused a man to be paralysed because he wouldn't eat with his right hand..how nice of him (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

quote:

“When any one of you eats, let him eat with his right hand, and when he drinks, let him drink with his right hand, because the Shaytaan eats with his left hand and drinks with his left hand.”
also
“Whoever eats with his left hand, the Shaytaan eats with him.”
also
Hafsah reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to use his right hand for eating, drinking and getting dressed and his left hand for everything else.

and getting dressed?????!!!!!!!!!!
No comment..
quote:

wahazihi hiyia samhatol islam, mashaallah..

wake up muslims or you'll all be committing suicide soon!

Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excuse me but doesn't anyone eat with a knife and fork????????
Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habiba1
Member # 7221

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habiba1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I disagree with you. I think you should respect the culture where you are residing. That doesn't mean you should lose yourself, it means adapting to the new culture. In my culture it's no big deal for a lady to wear a mini skirt, for instance, but if you wear one in a society where it is considered disrespectful, then it could bring about a lot of unwanted attention. It is not necessarily submitting to the bf or hubby, but more or less submitting to the new culture rather than rebelling in vain. I believe in picking valid fights. I'm not going to start a march for women to have the right to wear mini skirts in a society when covering is considered more respectful. No need in being a rebel without a valid cause.

Posts: 81 | From: Alexandria, Egypt | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leila
Member # 8539

Member Rated:
whatever misfit, what are you getting yourself so worked up about - you're criticising me for not rejecting something i have only just found out about well i'd like to form my own opinion on whether this is part of my religion or not and quite frankly whether i choose to accept or reject something is none of your business. You know what, i didn't know that about the right foot either.. so shoot me.
scarlet water
Member # 8185

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari:
LOOOL !

And you call my comments stupid?! What do you call this then?! Do you think this has any logic to it? Do you really think that shaitan is desperately waiting to go out for dinner with someone who would eat with his left hand?

Religion is so not this!

if u think that words of our prophet(saas) r stupid,then me and my comments r stupid as well,coz as a moslim i believe our prophet hadith's and try to follow them as much as i can.

misfit
Member # 8880

Rate Member
quote:
Excuse me but doesn't anyone eat with a knife and fork????????

no, we egyptians have our own traditions and values that you should respect and obey, we eat with our right hands right after we have picked our left demonic feet, it's a must and if you don't do it you'll go to hell and the husband won't love you anymore!

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
..day after day i understand that we r from different worlds,however he travelled a lot,and he knows other cultures.

So you will also "obey" him if he tells you that once you marry him and give birth to his daughter he will want to chop her clitoris off?!! Cos maybe according to his view of the world "his religion" requires that?!

Look honey, for a Western woman marrying an Eastern man, she's not getting anything but trouble.

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scarlet water
Member # 8185

Rate Member
quote:

u r wrong!
i do respect my country,my culture and traditions,coz if i dont it means i don respect myself first of all.
but if am with egyptian man in his country,so i have to accept that place's rules,which is not strange at all.in my country we say:"theres no way to go to someones house with ur own rules",smth like that,and am sure its right.can u imagine if i start tellin him all the time:am not egyptian,and i will do as i want to do,i don care ab ur country and culture,i don care ab ppl.if i were a man i would just leave this girl.when u come to any country u have to respect their rules if u want to be respected.thats my point of view.

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nooralhaq:
I agree, I believe this is cultural and nothing more. Well if she must eat with her right hand, then he must shake hands and not kiss cheeks when greetings friends
I say trade one cultural habit for another hehehehe

Okay so why are left handers ostracized in Afghanistan too? I have read books that noted that left handed soilders were blammed for battle defeats in the war against the Soviets, let alone other repurcussions for being left handed.

Then I know Malays that freak when a teacher holds the textbook in his left hand.

There is a load of older juriprudence from over a millenia ago detailing the impracticall use of the left hand. And it might be detailed in the Quran in several places, but the pagan zoaster faith of the Saudis and Persians detail heavily the superstitions around the use of the left hand. It goes deeper than you think.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Penny:
[b]Excuse me but doesn't anyone eat with a knife and fork????????

no, we egyptians have our own traditions and values that you should respect and obey, we eat with our right hands right after we have picked our left demonic feet, it's a must and if you don't do it you'll go to hell and the husband won't love you anymore!

[This message has been edited by misfit (edited 14 September 2005).][/B][/QUOTE]

hehehe damak khafif awi! ufff
hey if you pick at your feet before you eat it doesnt mean that all egyptians do it ok?

scarlet water
Member # 8185

Rate Member
[As for matters of dressing conservatively and acting with decorum well that goes without saying and should be automatic for any lady married to an Egyptian.[/B][/QUOTE]

i totally agree with u

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
My husband has taught me to stand on my own two feet so that I can manage as well in Egyptian society as in my own.

Funny how he taught you that?

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by sonomod:
Okay so why are left handers ostracized in Afghanistan too? I have read books that noted that left handed soilders were blammed for battle defeats in the war against the Soviets, let alone other repurcussions for being left handed.

Then I know Malays that freak when a teacher holds the textbook in his left hand.

There is a load of older juriprudence from over a millenia ago detailing the impracticall use of the left hand. And it might be detailed in the Quran in several places, but the pagan zoaster faith of the Saudis and Persians detail heavily the superstitions around the use of the left hand. It goes deeper than you think.

there are alot of whys when it comes to afghanistan

Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My brother is a left handed ..he has never had any trouble so far and he is 26 years old
He is actually the best and brightest in the family..wasnt lenordo da vinci also left handed? I heard Einstein was also left handed. (trying to give som eppl some cool breeze before any cat fights starts!!)

Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com