EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » How Stella Lost Her Groove

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How Stella Lost Her Groove
Habiba1
Member # 7221

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Habiba1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought I would post this here as reading this site, it appears that similar incidents occur in Egypt.

Terry McMillain, a famous wealthy African American author, with 3 movies produced based on her books, recently filed for divorce.

She wrote one famous book, with a movie based on it, called "How Stella Got Her Groove Back".

The movie was based on her real life, about a wealthy middle aged woman, who went to exotic Jamaica on vacation and fell in love with a man almost half her age working at the hotel resort where she stayed. After struggling with the differences in age, she decided to marry him. She moved him into her 4 million dollar home in San Francisco, and helped him start a Dog Grooming business.

Well, recently Stella, I meant, Terry , has filed for a very nasty divorce. She discovered her husband is GAY. She found him browsing thru internet gay sites, and staying on long telephone conversations with another male in Jamaica. He confessed.

She claimed in her divorce that he only married her for US citizenship, and her money, and that their entire marriage was based on deceit. He is now trying to sue her and break their pre nuptial agreement, he wants millions of dollars. Can you believe the nerve?

He even has the nerve to want to write a book of his own called "How Stella Lost Her Groove" I personally think his thing should be cut off, but that's just me.

This is a true story, based on actual events. I guess there are other resort areas with men waiting to prey on wealthy older women besides Egypt. And after viewing How Stella Got Her Groove Back, many American women went flocking to the carribean trying to get their's back.

Author Files for Divorce, Claiming Husband Is Gay http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/06/28/AR2005062801718.html

Posts: 81 | From: Alexandria, Egypt | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I know! I heard about that! It's such a shame!
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habiba1
Member # 7221

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habiba1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Paint Me As I Am:
It can happene any place in the world.. Just have to always keep ur eyes open and not be so quick to jump into things..

You're right, and she is a very influential writer. Just as she influenced any women to drop their insecurities and travel to these romantic places to find love regardless of age, maybe she will write another book based on this experience so that some women will be more alert to some of the pitfalls.

Maybe someone from another country might write a book on their real life story in Egypt, she certainly made millions off her ventures in America, as I said they made a movie about it.

Posts: 81 | From: Alexandria, Egypt | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com