EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Your favorite quote

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Your favorite quote
kafir4 ever
Member # 8785

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kafir4 ever     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
“Believe nothing.
No matter where you read it,
Or who said it,
Even if I have said it,
Unless it agrees with your own reason
And your own common sense.”
~ Buddha
6th century bce Indian mystic and founder of Buddhism

Posts: 597 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
enigneer
Member # 8908

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for enigneer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my favorite quote is
" i am right and may be i am wrong, and ur wrong but may be ur right, no one is totaly right except the prophet"
it means that no one is totaly right nor me or u so we can discuse and see who is the right.

Posts: 30 | From: cairo,egypt | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kafir4 ever
Member # 8785

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kafir4 ever     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'Truth is a pathless land'. Man cannot come to it through any organization, through any creed, through any dogma, priest or ritual, not through any philosophic knowledge or psychological technique. He has to find it through the mirror of relationship, through the understanding of the contents of his own mind, through observation and not through intellectual analysis or introspective dissection. Man has built in himself images as a fence of security - religious, political, personal. These manifest as symbols, ideas, and beliefs. The burden of these images dominates man's thinking, his relationships and his daily life. These images are the causes of our problems for they divide man from man. His perception of life is shaped by the concepts already established in his mind. The content of his consciousness is his entire existence. This content is common to all humanity. The individuality is the name, the form and superficial culture he acquires from tradition and environment. The uniqueness of man does not lie in the superficial but in complete freedom from the content of his consciousness, which is common to all mankind. So he is not an individual."
~ Krishnamurti

Posts: 597 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nooralhaq
Member # 5823

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for nooralhaq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Live and Let Live,
that's what I say. Anyone
who can't understand that
should be killed!

Posts: 1706 | From: Dallas, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ngeg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The fact that others stick their spoons in my pudding doesnt mean it's less tasty or it's not mine anymore!!!
Quote by Ngeg to partner 2004

Posts: 1813 | From: Cairo | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ngeg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Marriage is like a TORNADO..starts off with lots of blowing and sucking then ends up taking yr house..
Posts: 1813 | From: Cairo | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not the size that matters... it's what you can do with it.....

Quoted by less-than-well-endowed men daily!!!

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
misfit
Member # 8880

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for misfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

If a person were to try stripping the disguise from actors while they play a scene upon the stage, showing to the audience their real looks and the faces they were born with, would not such a one spoil the whole play? And would not the spectators think he deserved to be driven out of the theatre with brickbats, as a drunken disturber? . . . Now what else is the whole life of mortals but a sort of comedy, in which the various actors, disguised by various costumes and masks, walk on and play each one his part, until the manager waves them off the stage? Moreover, this manager frequently bids the same actor go back in a different costume, so that he who has but lately played the king in scarlet now acts the flunkey in patched clothes. Thus all things are presented by shadows.

(Erasmus, The Praise of Folly)

that's my favourite quote my dear kafir and you know what, it's very true.

now who do you think the drunken disturber is, who are the audience, who are the actors and most importantly..who is the manager!

think and let me know and whoever figures it out shall get a prize.

Posts: 956 | From: nowhere | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kafir4 ever
Member # 8785

Rate Member
When you're young, your whole life is about the pursuit of fun, then you grow up and learn to be cautious; you could break a bone, or a heart. You look before you leap and sometimes you don't leap at all because there's not always someone there to catch you. And in life, there is no safety net. When did it stop being fun and start being scary?
kafir4 ever
Member # 8785

Rate Member
In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual.
-Galileo Galilei

It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness.
-Prophet Muhammad

kafir4 ever
Member # 8785

Rate Member
Anyone who has never made a mistake
has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

Happiness depends upon ourselves.
Aristotle

When one door closes another opens. But often we look so long so regretfully upon the closed door that we fail to see the one that has opened for us.
Alexander Graham Bell

Every generation laughs at the old fashions,
but religiously follows the new.
Henry Davod Thoreau

We don't live in a world of reality,
we live in a world of perceptions.
Gerald J. Simmons

nooralhaq
Member # 5823

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for nooralhaq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I admire an intelligent man with really unattractive, badly stained and crooked teeth who makes a lot of money and still doesn't get his teeth fixed.
It's an interesting choice.

Posts: 1706 | From: Dallas, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
1mangang
Member # 6403

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1mangang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ngeg:
Marriage is like a TORNADO..starts off with lots of blowing and sucking then ends up taking yr house..

the bigger they are
the worse they smell

Posts: 751 | From: US OF A | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kafir4 ever
Member # 8785

Rate Member
"Kindness is the language in which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

"Everything is always ok in the the end. If it's not ok, then it isn't the end."

"Love & electricity are one in the same my dear, if you do not feel the jolt in your soul, every time a kiss is shared, a whisper is spoken, a touch is felt, then you're not really in love." - C. J. Franks

"There are those who do not believe that a single soul born in heaven can split into twin spirits and shoot like falling stars to earth where over oceans and continents their magnetic forces will finally unite them back into one. But how else to explain love at first sight?" - Don Juan DeMarco

"Hopeless romantics are only hopeless in the eyes of those who don't believe in romance."

"Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. And dance like no one is watching."

"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities." - Dr. Seuss

"A good quote is worth a thousand words." - Jonathan King

nooralhaq
Member # 5823

Rate Member
There's a moment coming. It's not here yet. It's still on the way. It's in the future. It hasn't arrived. Here it comes. Here it is....It's gone.
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
think before you ink
Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari
Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of the greatest Americans, Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Justice denied anywhere diminishes justice everywhere."

"In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."

"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

"War is a poor chisel to carve out tomorrow."

"Means we use must be as pure as the ends we seek."

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."

"The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict."

[This message has been edited by Snoozin (edited 28 September 2005).]

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Who Let the Dogs Out"

- Baha Men

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
misfit
Member # 8880

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for misfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari:
MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari

you know what, the genius about this quote is that i started using it myself

Posts: 956 | From: nowhere | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morgan
Member # 6662

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Morgan   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An eye for an eye will make the whole world go blind
~~Mahatma Gandhi

Posts: 1223 | From: Home | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morgan
Member # 6662

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Morgan   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God gave men a brain and a penis but only enough blood to run one at a time."
- Robin Williams

Psychiatrists say that 1 of 4 people are mentally ill. Check 3 friends. If they're ok,
you're it."

The wonderful and amazing thing about sex is that you can go to heaven without dying,
and do it over and over again and still be able to return and tell about it!"
- Andrew (Robin Williams) from the movie Bicentennial Man

Posts: 1223 | From: Home | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Life's a bitch and then you die

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nooralhaq
Member # 5823

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Morgan:
An eye for an eye will make the whole world go blind
~~Mahatma Gandhi

Practice what you preach.

nooralhaq
Member # 5823

Rate Member
Well, if crime fighters fight crime and fire fighters fight fire, what do freedom fighters fight? They never mention that part to us, do they?
nooralhaq
Member # 5823

Rate Member
# I thought about how mothers feed their babies with tiny little spoons and forks so I wondered, what do Chinese mothers use? Toothpicks?

# Is a vegetarian permitted to eat animal crackers?

# What if there were no hypothetical questions?

# Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

# Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday.

# Why do croutons come in airtight packages? It's just stale bread to begin with.

# I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it.

# Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

# If the #2 pencil is the most popular, why is it still #2?

# I think it would be interesting if old people got anti-Alzheimer's disease where they slowly began to recover other people's lost memories.

# Electricity is really just organized lightning.

# Women like silent men, they think they're listening.

# "I am" is reportedly the shortest sentence in the English language. Could it be that "I do" is the longest sentence?

# Men are from Earth, women are from Earth. Deal with it.

# Honesty may be the best policy, but it's important to remember that apparently, by elimination, dishonesty is the second-best policy.

# I recently went to a new doctor and noticed he was located in something called the Professional Building. I felt better right away.

# As a matter of principle, I never attend the first annual anything.

# The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

# Death is caused by swallowing small amounts of saliva over a long period of time.

kafir4 ever
Member # 8785

Rate Member
"Why should I fear death? If I am, death is not. If death is, I am not. Why should I fear that which can only exist when I do not?"
— Epicurus

"Religion has ever been anti-human, anti-woman, anti-life, anti-peace, anti-reason and anti-science. The god idea has been detrimental not only to humankind but to the earth. It is time now for reason, education and science to take over."
— Madalyn Murray O'Hair - Speech, 1990

"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish."
— Euripides (ca. 480-406 B.C.E.) Greek poet, playwright and philospher

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."
— Carl Sagan

"Most true believers, when faced with evidence that contradicts their beliefs, will hold on to those beliefs even more strongly."
—iMark Thomas

"If faith is 'believing what you are told', religious ethics is 'doing what you are told'."
— John B. Hodges

"Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right."
— Larry Mundinger, 1999

"It is necessary to the happiness of man that he be mentally faithful to himself. Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what one does not believe. It is impossible to calculate the moral mischief, if I may so express it, that mental lying has produced in society. When man has so far corrupted and prostituted the chastity of his mind, as to subscribe his professional belief to things he does not believe, he has prepared himself for the commission of every other crime."
— Thomas Paine, ibid.

"Nothing defines humans better than their willingness to do irrational things in pursuit of phenomenally unlikely payoffs. This is the principal behind lotteries, dating and religion."
— Scott Adams, creator of "Dilbert"

"If a man would follow, today, the teachings of the Old Testament, he would be a criminal. If he would follow the teachings of the new, he would be insane."
— Robert G. Ingersoll

"The Old Testament is responsible for more atheism, agnosticism, disbelief — call it what you will — than any book ever written; it has emptied more churches than all the counterattractions of cinema, motor bicycle and golf course."
— A. A. Milne

"I love your Christ. It's just that so many Christians are so unlike your Christ."
— Mahatma Gandhi

"Suppose we've chosen the wrong god? Every time we go to church, we're just making him madder and madder."
— Homer J. Simpson

Automatic For The People
Member # 7160

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Automatic For The People     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"You want bread.....**** a baker"
Posts: 637 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
samba
Member # 9127

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for samba     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'd rather be wrong for the right reason than being right for the wrong reason.

Posts: 7 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
samba
Member # 9127

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for samba     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace
Posts: 7 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubles101
Member # 4543

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Troubles101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nooralhaq:

# Women like silent men, they think they're listening.

Sometimes I wonder if women talk much or is it us men with bad listening skills?or do you think we are too slow? or just a natural thing they can't help?

What's it really?!

Posts: 1732 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for TheWesternDebt2Islaam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
La ilaha IlAllah
Muhammad rasoolola

Posts: 2457 | From: U | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheWesternDebt2Islaam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trust me ..
it's women they talk too much

Even if you not comprenez-ing in what she saying, you just enojoy her voice

[but its sweet ]

*only certain women - i wouldn't know about "other" women, i dont think i ever had a "social/intimate" conversation with a woman since a long time.

quote:
Originally posted by Troubles101:
Sometimes I wonder if women talk much or is it us men with bad listening skills?or do you think we are too slow? or just a natural thing they can't help?

What's it really?!

Posts: 2457 | From: U | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morgan
Member # 6662

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Morgan   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
### "The Prophet said, "Satan urinated in his ears."" Bukhari,2,21,245
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Still-Learning     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Why do we live for? We live for dying" Rohff
Posts: 1473 | From: France | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bitterwithbaggage
Member # 8645

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bitterwithbaggage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box.

Be slow in choosing a friend, but slower in changing him.

Even a clock that does not work is right twice a day.

He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

Posts: 106 | From: London, England | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
talalh
Member # 7738

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for talalh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
first we thought the earth was flat ,then we thought we live in a material world just to discover that our matter is full of spaces inside and that atoms has spaces inside and even the nucleus of an atom has a large space inside, so now we know that everything arround us is just condensed Data,we are all just a thought maybe a dream
a digital code in the matrix called the universe.

Posts: 17 | From: cairo egypt | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Still-Learning     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The people has the religion its king has"
Posts: 1473 | From: France | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dudda
Member # 8705

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Dudda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my favorite quote "Maybe God wants us to meet a few wrong people before meeting the right one so that when we finally meet the right person, we will know how to be grateful for that gift".

[This message has been edited by doudd (edited 11 October 2005).]

Posts: 715 | From: Egypt | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kafir4 ever
Member # 8785

Rate Member
When it is dark enough, you can see the stars.
Charles A. Beard

"Speak when you're angry, and you'll make the best speech you'll ever regret."

Begin somewhere. You cannot build a reputation on what you intend to do.
Liz Smith

"To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest"

"There wouldn't be a sky full of stars
if we were all meant to wish on the same one."
- Frances Clark

"Ideals are like stars, you will not succeed in touching them with your hands,but like the seafaring man on the desert of waters, you choose them as your guide, and following them, you reach your destiny."
- Carl Schurz

"Star light, star bright.... first star I see tonight...
I wish I may... I wish I might...
have the wish I wish tonight...
Follow your dreams!"
- unknown

kafir4 ever
Member # 8785

Rate Member
The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves. (Julius Caesar)
nooralhaq
Member # 5823

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for nooralhaq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Bigger they are, the Worse They Smell....
(a quote from someone I grew up with)

Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
"ça fait vraiment du bien de chier un coup"

translation would erase the spirit of this quote but it's something like:

"it's so good to **** sometimes"

Nooralhaq2005
Member # 7790

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nooralhaq2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Penny:

my mom used to say 'life's a bitch and then you become one'

Posts: 183 | From: Dallas, Texas USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hope
Member # 8567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hope     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Penny:

Life's a bitch, you marry one, then you die and go to hell.

But there is always....

Hope

Posts: 42 | From: Cairo | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
"religion is the opium of the people"
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bitterwithbaggage:
After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box.

Be slow in choosing a friend, but slower in changing him.

Even a clock that does not work is right twice a day.

He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

I like these!

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com