EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » just too much stress!!! -- help really needed! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: just too much stress!!! -- help really needed!
germanjulia
Member # 8781

Member Rated:
Icon 8 posted      Profile for germanjulia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ahhh, i'm doing a written examination in PHYSICS tomorrow, and i don't understand anything! got to learn something about electricity...and it's so boring...just can't concentrate...got a headache...my bf is mad because i don't have time for him...! what am i supposed to do? i really don't want to fail...! i hope you are all alright!

julia

Posts: 457 | From: Any Questions? | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nooralhaq
Member # 5823

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for nooralhaq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by germanjulia:
ahhh, i'm doing a written examination in PHYSICS tomorrow, and i don't understand anything! got to learn something about electricity...and it's so boring...just can't concentrate...got a headache...my bf is mad because i don't have time for him...! what am i supposed to do? i really don't want to fail...! i hope you are all alright!

julia

Ich weiss nicht was soll es beduntung das Sie so traugig bin.
I would take a walk and cool off for a while, maybe get a cup of tea or coffee, stress can make you confused Good luck.

Posts: 1706 | From: Dallas, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hieha! I was just thinking about you.

Maybe members of the forum can help you with the electric chapter?!

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KeepinItReal
Member # 7946

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KeepinItReal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

julia

Hello!! Physics, yuck! That is one subject I hated! I don't envy you, I barely passed it myself. Are you learning like AC and DC(not the band), magnetism and I think optics is in there to isn't it? It's been awhile, I won't be much help. When I saw that was what your exam was I had to say good luck!!! Have your BF read a chapter and he'll shut up real fast!! I feel for you girl!! You can do it!!

Posts: 1063 | From: Oregon | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
germanjulia
Member # 8781

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for germanjulia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey noor, yeah, i can try to relax by having a cup of tea, but hopefully i won't fall asleep while drinking!

my kingdom...why were you thinking about me? well the members of es could help me if they knew something about energy conversion in a homogenous field.

Posts: 457 | From: Any Questions? | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
post taken back

[This message has been edited by Corvinous (edited 13 October 2005).]

Posts: 3903 | From: The Moon | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nooralhaq
Member # 5823

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for nooralhaq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
hey noor, yeah, i can try to relax by having a cup of tea, but hopefully i won't fall asleep while drinking!

my kingdom...why were you thinking about me? well the members of es could help me if they knew something about energy conversion in a homogenous field.

good luck

Posts: 1706 | From: Dallas, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

my kingdom...why were you thinking about me?

Well because ES is so becoming part of my life, that I worry if somone does not post for a while!!

But I have to admit that "ze Germans" have a special place in my heart

quote:

well the members of es could help me if they knew something about energy conversion in a homogenous field.

Can you give me an example of a homogenous field? I can only think of heterogenous ones.

Are you actually reading about converting microwave energy into heat?

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh poor julia! i used to hate that feeling when i was in uni. studying a boring subject for hours because i can't concentrate. ufffff. inshallah you will pass your exams. good luck!
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Still-Learning     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In my opinion you are PATHETIC germanjulia.
Is it that hard for you to just FOCUS?

Nobody can help you but yourself, don't turn to others, there's nothing good they can do to help you except from telling you the truth (just like i'm doing)

Posts: 1473 | From: France | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Columbo:

HEY!!

Hush up!

Go discover a murder or something

[This message has been edited by MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari (edited 12 October 2005).]

daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Is it that hard for you to just FOCUS?

Nobody can help you but yourself, don't turn to others, there's nothing good they can do to help you except from telling you the truth (just like i'm doing)

Hmmmm, they can offer moral support. Probably a novel concept for you.

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Show Time
Member # 8513

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Show Time     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

julia

julia make a big jar of coffee and keep studying till the exam, i know you might fall apart but God be with you to pass that boring physics
Also ask your self what is the worse gonna happen, just do your best
But don't ask the question and hang out with your bf

Posts: 627 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Still-Learning     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snoozin:
Hmmmm, they can offer moral support. Probably a novel concept for you.

Not at all but i think that we shouldn't beg for it. for me support is something that is deserved not something we ask for.
She has been lazy without studying? she pays it that's all, and my words seem to me more morally supportive than the concept you are reffering to dear Suzie.

Posts: 1473 | From: France | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Not at all but i think that we shouldn't beg for it. for me support is something that is deserved not something we ask for.
She has been lazy without studying? she pays it that's all, and my words seem to me more morally supportive than the concept you are reffering to dear Suzie.

You have a very odd way of looking at things.

To *ask* for help is not something to be ashamed of.

She said she couldn't concentrate. How do you infer laziness from this? She could possibly just be so nervous it's interfering with her concentration.

And if you think calling someone *pathetic* is supportive, then I cannot imagine what kind of dysfunctional environment you find yourself living in. It's one thing to insult someone, but be honest with yourself about what you are doing.

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
ya you're right...
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
I apologize to GermanJulia and wish her good luck
daria1975
Member # 6244

quote:

Really? That's really nice of you, and I'm being sincere.

KeepinItReal
Member # 7946

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KeepinItReal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Snoozin,
I think you're a superb lady. I wish we had more Snoozins in the world!!

Posts: 1063 | From: Oregon | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
river_0f_l0ve
Member # 8638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for river_0f_l0ve     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

julia

If your bf couldn't help, and support. Who could do. He is beside, but we just do have ideas...

Posts: 696 | From: egypt | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:

Wow that's sweet!

dwgendy
Member # 8693

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dwgendy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey,
Usually I don't share much in random posts, but this one got me ,because I'm taking an exam also.. Though it is a bit far from the subject you are dealing with, and I'm sure I am way much too old to be as smart as you are. But,, BRIGHT SIDE, your stress is the best help you can get... How? this is explained by the level of adrenaline flushed into your circulation keeping you on the tip of your toes and enhancing your memory functions,,, ... Think about it, doen't we all achieve and study much better just, and I mean just before the exam.... The work of stress.... so make use of it.
Good luck, and wish me luck to.

PS. Colombo, waw, I am impressed, finally someone here proves that what you did is doable. Shows the reall you. Good luck to you to.

Posts: 134 | From: Maadi, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
germanjulia
Member # 8781

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for germanjulia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey all!

sorry, i didn't write back yesterday... after my cup of tea i just decided to go to bed, cos i thought learning was quite useless. this morning i wrote the examination and it was okay. not real gorgeous, but alright.
thanks everybody for giving me advices!!

my kingdom, you seem to know very much at physics! do you like it? you don't find that very often! but i do like physics too. well not as much as languages, but... do you like the germans or what? hehe that's great. and yes, i had to learn something about converting microwave energy into heat, too! you expert!

hey columbo...your apology is nice and necessary, because i don't think i'm pathetic just because a headache keeps me from studying.

corvinous, nice to hear from you again! i'm feeling fine right now because tomorrow, my holidays are going to start how are you? how come you are back at ES? i thought you wanted to leave it...!?

[This message has been edited by germanjulia (edited 13 October 2005).]

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:

my kingdom, you seem to know very much at physics! do you like it? you don't find that very often! but i do like physics too. well not as much as languages, but... do you like the germans or what? hehe that's great. and yes, i had to learn something about converting microwave energy into heat, too! you expert!

Thanks for the compliments. Well I'm grateful to be blessed with some brains.

When I was a student, I hated it when our professors made science sound difficult and complicated and therefore unattractive. So I decided to become a teacher in my field (Medicine). If you teach Medicine, you need to know a bit of everything really. That's why I still have some Physics in the back of my brain.

And yes I love the Germans. I love how punctual, organized, honest, hard working, sincere, fashionable, and intelligent many of them are. That's why I am married to one, you see

What do you study actually?

[This message has been edited by MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari (edited 13 October 2005).]

germanjulia
Member # 8781

Member Rated:
well, at the moment, i still go to school! yes, the germans are very punctual, that's right, but fashionable?? hmmm if you think so...
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
well, at the moment, i still go to school!

Abitur? And what to you want to study after you finish school?

quote:
the germans are fashionable?? hmmm if you think so...

Yes yes I think so, compared to the Dutch they are very much so.

germanjulia
Member # 8781

Member Rated:
you live in the netherlands, right? yes, hopefully i'll finish school with the abitur, hehe... do you know what , i (my family and me) used to live in the netherlands till i was 4 years old. we used to live near amsterdam.
germanjulia
Member # 8781

Member Rated:
after the abitur i'd like to study languages, maybe french and russian and also something that deals with politics. later my dream would be working at the embassy or so, but that's really hard. i'd like to be an interpreter as well.

Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Germanjulia, I have the same problem as you too!!
the best thing is too, drink some mint tea, and take a loooooong bath every night! I know you dont have time, but if you do it, you will do more in short time!
wish you the best,

Serendipity
and I hate physics! it drives me nuts!!

Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
... i'd like to be an interpreter as well.

Sorry, i don't mean to interrupt but Interpreting has been my dream too, do you have or can have "effective" information about that career, all I found about it was shocking like the fact that the UN never recruit them but only as freelancers
do you have further optimistic information ?

Posts: 3903 | From: The Moon | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
germanjulia
Member # 8781

Member Rated:
sorry i don't have optimistic information for you. i didn't even know the united nations only recruit the people as freelancers! hmmm... well that's good to know, cos if i became an interpreter, i'd definitely be interested in working there, too.
Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
sorry i don't have optimistic information for you. i didn't even know the united nations only recruit the people as freelancers! hmmm... well that's good to know, cos if i became an interpreter, i'd definitely be interested in working there, too.

yea, but your life will be unstable, you will be working for a while always, nothing stable, how can you plan for anything in your life like that ?

Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Germanjulia do you want to be a interpreter? btw did you see the movie called interpreter? its really a good movie!

Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
germanjulia
Member # 8781

Member Rated:
???
i don't know... but there are certainly people who have no problem living like that... maybe they have got no partner or family who could complain, live alone, and they are very flexible people by nature.
oh corv you've destroyed my dream now! no just kidding. but i always thought working at the UN was a dream job.

Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
???
i don't know... but there are certainly people who have no problem living like that... maybe they have got no partner or family who could complain, live alone, and they are very flexible people by nature.
oh corv you've destroyed my dream now! no just kidding. but i always thought working at the UN was a dream job.

GET QUALIFIED FOR IT, GO APPLY FOR IT, GET THE JOB, SEE HOW YOU FEEL AND HOW THINGS ARE, I NEVER SAID I WAS WORKING THERE AND KNOW EVERYTHING OR EVERY DAY'S LIFE THERE, IT IS A RESEACH ON THE INTERNET ALL I HAVE DONE TO KNOW .... CHEER UP

germanjulia
Member # 8781

Member Rated:
seredipity, yes, i think an interpreter must have an interesting life. yeah, i know "The Interpreter"!! i found it quite good too. not the story, but the place she worked at, hehe
germanjulia
Member # 8781

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Corvinous:
GET QUALIFIED FOR IT, GO APPLY FOR IT, GET THE JOB, SEE HOW YOU FEEL AND HOW THINGS ARE, I NEVER SAID I WAS WORKING THERE AND KNOW EVERYTHING OR EVERY DAY'S LIFE THERE, IT IS A RESEACH ON THE INTERNET ALL I HAVE DONE TO KNOW .... CHEER UP

of course! if i'm, interested, i'll try it! but who knows, what i'm talking about is in remote future for me. may i ask what your occupation is?!

Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
of course! if i'm, interested, i'll try it! but who knows, what i'm talking about is in remote future for me. may i ask what your occupation is?!

I am sorry, lil bit discreet about my life.
All I usually alow people to know is my age which is 29 and my nationality which Egyptian and where I live which is Cairo, Egypt.
It is something like the "asl" of that chat stuff

KeepinItReal
Member # 7946

Member Rated:
quote:

It may be in the remote future but goals are good and what drives us. Go for it! You only live once! Besides no matter what career you begin there is ALWAYS a need for someone who is bilingual and it gives you an edge in the competetive job market. I know within my work we use interpreters on a regular basis and they are really such a blessing. Just get that education and the rest will fall in place.

germanjulia
Member # 8781

Member Rated:
you are discreet? wow, i didn't notice that... i don't mean to be stupid to you, but honestly, you do talk about very private things here in my opinion, e.g. that your best friends betrayed you and you release some dark thoughts of yours... well, to me, that's even more private than telling someone your occupation.
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
I find interpreter a very interesting job, and just imagine the languages you can learn!! I say as keepinreal.. GO for it girl!
Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
you are discreet? wow, i didn't notice that... i don't mean to be stupid to you, but honestly, you do talk about very private things here in my opinion, e.g. that your best friends betrayed you and you release some dark thoughts of yours... well, to me, that's even more private than telling someone your occupation.

Well, maybe I have a different definition of discretion, my discretion is about my official personal information, but my personal experiences as a human being, are nothing wrong if posted here, that is here was made for in the first place, right ?
Do I make a point?

germanjulia
Member # 8781

Member Rated:

serendipity and K.I.R., you are so nice! thanks! i'll definitely try everything that i can.

germanjulia
Member # 8781

Member Rated:
corvinous, for sure it's okay that you are discreet about your official personal information but "indiscreet" about your feelings... do what seems to be right to you. i can't judge it.

Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
corvinous, for sure it's okay that you are discreet about your official personal information but "indiscreet" about your feelings... do what seems to be right to you. i can't judge it.

I found the good expression just now, when people will ask me about my official stuff, i will just say "too much information" very awesome right ?

feelings telling are nothing against your personal security, that is my point.

daria1975
Member # 6244

quote:
I found the good expression just now, when people will ask me about my official stuff, i will just say "too much information" very awesome right ?

Yes, here when someone says something too personal about themselves, we shout out TMI! Too much information.

Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Yes, here when someone says something too personal about themselves, we shout out TMI! Too much information.

Yes Madame

germanjulia
Member # 8781

Member Rated:
quote:

...but only on the internet, right? you are probably not like that in real life, are you? like telling everybody about your feelings just like that.

"TMI" yeah, that's very awesome, hehe!

i know this sounds so funny right now, but you somehow remind me of an old friend of mine. your attitudes seem to be quite similar and he is also, erm, a little frustrated. i have to say that he has already driven me nuts cos he always complains about his life, and i can't handle that. but i hope you are not always like that!???

Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
quote:

Well then a big TMI! on myself!! everybody here knows everything about me! ya di nela!

Corvinous
Member # 6578

quote:
...but only on the internet, right? you are probably not like that in real life, are you? like telling everybody about your feelings just like that.

"TMI" yeah, that's very awesome, hehe!

i know this sounds so funny right now, but you somehow remind me of an old friend of mine. your attitudes seem to be quite similar and he is also, erm, a little frustrated. i have to say that he has already driven me nuts cos he always complains about his life, and i can't handle that. but i hope you are not always like that!???

in my real life I am a dark shadow passing by, people take it sometimes for a snob attitude but I take it for love of privacy.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com