EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » is there ebay in egypt?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: is there ebay in egypt?
borat
Member # 9599

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted      Profile for borat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi can anyone tell me if ebay operates in egypt?
Or if not does egypt have an equivalent?
Cheers

Posts: 57 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
H_AboulEla
Member # 4280

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for H_AboulEla   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
E-bay is not dealing with egypt
There are some similar sites but they are not as strong as ebay:
waffar.com
http://www.otlob.com/
http://waffar.com

--------------------
http://egypt-fashion.com
http://hala-aboulela.com

Posts: 60 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muslim
Member # 9677

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Muslim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

there is no ebay in egypt and to tell you the truth it really doesn'T suprice me. But i guess you can use the international ebay
( www.ebay.com ), there are allot of ebay users that ship worldwide.
Another question is if the egyptian post offices are serious and responsable enough to deliever your package in egypt ( I guess it is depending where you live, in the countrysside i wouldn'T be sure that the package will arriave to your home ).

Depending on the company, DHL and UPS should be more responsable then the national egytpian post offices.

Any other opinions?

I hope I could help!

Posts: 31 | From: GERMANY/EGYPT | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
borat
Member # 9599

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for borat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank you for your replies.
I buy quite a lot of stuff from ebay here in uk and was just wondering i could do the same when I move to cairo this year.
Cheers everyone

Posts: 57 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GrumpyGherkin
Member # 4970

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for GrumpyGherkin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure, you will be able to still buy from Ebay no matter what country you are in. The only problem with being is Egypt is will your parcel actually arrive and what sort of taxes you will have to pay on the items. Just out of curiosity, what sort of items do you buy on EBay and are you happy with the whole service ?

--------------------
Get your gums around a gherkin today. The wisdom of the Great Gherkin is all seeing and all knowing.

Posts: 84 | From: Gherkin Land | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fatmah Teleb
Member # 10069

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fatmah Teleb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am American and live in Cairo. I and my brother in the U.S. share an E-bay account. If I want to sell something I send it to him first. Also, if I want to buy something I have it sent to him first or I ask the seller whether they are willing to ship internationally if I pay for it. The customs in Egypt is the real problem. One friend of mine sent Reeses Peanut Butter cups (about 6 bags) and a stuffed animal to me when I was pregnant and the customs was about 20le.
Posts: 12 | From: Haram, Giza, Cairo | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com