EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » One Flaw In Woman

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: One Flaw In Woman
MousseT
Member # 9226

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MousseT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not the kind of person who loves to open up to people and talk about her personal life. I am a kind of shy or maybe only reserved, I don't know... I always try to boast happiness and harmony with myself regardless the dancing turbulence inside myself. But this little sad hard piece of my life I wanna share with you today.

When I opened my e-mail box this morning at work I received an e-mail from my friend Alba.
Alba is a young woman and spouse since two years only who was about to die. She had cancer.
Alba is my friend since we were 3 years old, we grew up together, went to school together, holidays, boyfriends' crashes, stupid things we did together in the best years of our life [Smile]
One day, it was the 16th of December of 2004, she discovers she has a very serious form of breast cancer. Two days later she is operated but the situation is critical and the cancer is very advanced. She has to undergo all possible cures, chemo- and raditeraphy above all. She lives like a zombi for one year, always sick, always weak, with no hair to crown her beautiful sunny face and one boob only, sign of her denied femininity, with every day the willingness to give it up and asking oh God why why why to me, what did I do?
And this stupid person - me - that cannot do anything, feel impotent, if not holding her hand, talking to her, listening to her, crying with her but trying not to, driving her to have the therapy and back when she could not walk, saying "everything will be ok after all"... I was seeing my friend fighting not to die and could not do anything to help.
Till the day her hair grows back darker than before, her eyes start shining of the same light of when we were 18, she goes back working and here is her life again! She is cured, all is over....

Today she writes me this e-mail out of the blue, no special occasion, nothing, dedicated especially to me.... and I thought I had done nothing.....

I wanna share this with you, with all the beautiful souls of the women that are here, so that we never forget the bless that God has given us. To many of you they will seem trivial and unimportant words, to me they meant a lot, represented the thank-you that my friend wanted to give me in a special way [Smile] , reminding me that I am unique.

One Flaw In Woman

By the time the Lord made woman, He was into his sixth day of working overtime.
An angel appeared and said,
"Why are you spending so much time on this one?"
And the Lord answered: "Have you seen my spec sheet on her?
She has to be completely washable, but not plastic,
Has to have over 200 movable parts, all replaceable,
Must be able to run on diet coke and leftovers,
Has to have a lap that can hold four children at one time,
Has to have a kiss that can cure anything from a scraped knee to a broken
heart… and she will do everything with only two hands."

The angel was astounded at the requirements.
"Only two hands!? No way!
And that's just on the standard model?
That's too much work for one day.
Wait until tomorrow to finish."
“But I won't," the Lord protested.
"I am so close to finishing this creation that is so close to my own heart.
She already heals herself when she is sick
AND can work 18 hour days."

The angel moved closer and touched the woman.
"But you have made her so soft, Lord."
"She is soft," the Lord agreed,
"but I have also made her tough.
You have no idea what she can endure or accomplish."
"Will she be able to think?", asked the angel.
The Lord replied: "Not only will she be able to think,
she will be able to reason and negotiate."

The angel then noticed something,
and reaching out, touched the woman's cheek.
"Oops, it looks like you have a leak in this model.
I told you that you were trying to put too much into this one."
"That's not a leak," the Lord corrected,
"That's a tear!"
"What's the tear for?" the angel asked.
The Lord said, "The tear is her way of expressing her joy,
her sorrow, her pain, her disappointment, her love,
her loneliness, her grief and her pride."
The angel was impressed.
"You are a genius, Lord.
You thought of everything!
Woman is truly amazing."

“And she is!
Women have strengths that amaze men.
They bear hardships and they carry burdens,
but they hold happiness, love and joy.
They smile when they want to scream.
They sing when they want to cry.
They cry when they are happy
and laugh when they are nervous.
They fight for what they believe in.
They stand up to injustice.
They don't take "no" for an answer
when they believe there is a better solution.
They go without so their family can have.
They go to the doctor with a frightened friend.
They love unconditionally.
They cry when their children excel
and cheer when their friends get awards.
They are happy when they hear about a birth or a wedding.
Their hearts break when a friend dies.
They grieve at the loss of a family member,
yet they are strong when they think there is no strength left.
They know that a hug and a kiss can heal a broken heart.
Women come in all shapes, sizes and colors.
They'll drive, fly, walk, run or e-mail you
to show how much they care about you.
The heart of a woman is what makes the world keep turning.
They bring joy, hope and love.
They have compassion and ideals.
They give moral support to their family and friends.
Women have vital things to say and everything to give.”

HOWEVER, IF THERE IS ONE FLAW IN WOMEN,
IT IS THAT THEY FORGET THEIR WORTH.”

PLEASE pass this along to all your women friends and relatives
to remind them just how amazing they are.

Posts: 285 | From: Milano, Italy | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HOWEVER, IF THERE IS ONE FLAW IN WOMEN,
IT IS THAT THEY FORGET THEIR WORTH.”

Uff, I think I am going to be sick.

Its so true, but its really overwhelming.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheWesternDebt2Islaam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so cancer is curable [Confused]

--------------------
--
here...
[url=http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0955020700/qid%3D1133898517/026-7853042-0414807= Recommended...![/url]

Posts: 2457 | From: U | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ki$$7eaven:

You can't be serious.....

and that's a little insensitive to post in this thread anyway when MousseT was opening up about her friend who battled cancer. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Still-Learning     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
" This is a man's world,

But it would be Nothing, nothing, not one little thing

Without a woman or a girl

He's lost in the wilderness
He's lost in bitterness "

James Brown

Posts: 1473 | From: France | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shaken:
" This is a man's world,

But it would be Nothing, nothing, not one little thing

Without a woman or a girl

He's lost in the wilderness
He's lost in bitterness "

James Brown

James Brown is a character and no innocent man. At least he's learned something in this world.

And given us a huge legacy of American blues music! [Smile]

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Minouche
Member # 10041

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Minouche     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MousseT,,,,,, That was overwhelmingly beautiful!
You brought tears to my eyes (which has not happened in a long time)

--------------------
Live Life as it should be,
Not as it is!

Posts: 5 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mousse T -- I PM'd you! [Smile]
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ' Sharon Stone '     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved the poem. [Smile] In fact I am going to post it further and include it in my emails. Thanks MousseT!!!
============
p.s. Who is the original author?

Posts: 989 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MagicMushroom
Member # 9531

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MagicMushroom         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MousseT That really is a beautifull poem and does bring tears to my eyes. It is true that we women don't appreciate our worth, just another of our attributes I suppose. It is really good to hear about your friend Albas recovery.

Ki$$7eaven Cancer can definately be cured, not all I know but we must never give up hope that the day will come when all cancers will be cured...MM

Posts: 33 | From: UK | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karla
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karla         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

"The children of the III millennium" by Jan Van Helsing is an interesting book in which you will find something about this subject. [Smile]
Posts: 1414 | From: far away | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guys, last friday (yes, the 13th) a young woman (about 35) went out late evening to pee her dog. About 2 minutes later her husband heard the screetch of breaks on the road and run out along with other neighbours. ALL the bones in her body were broken. She was brain dead in hours... he refused to sign off the ventilator, crazy from shock and pain... God, how I wish it was just a sad story. But it happen in real. I only know her friend, but the news completely broke my heart...

Mousse, thank God for being allowed so beautiful times with your friend. My heart goes out to you both.

Love you my ES friends. I thought I would say it now, just in case...

Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Souri*
Member # 9095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Souri*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What your freind wrote is just so nice. Good luck to her and really hope that she will be ok. Please let us know how she is, give us some news about her if you can.
Take care

Posts: 1182 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I had breast cancer 8 years ago... I had to have surgery, radiotherapy, chemotherapy, as it had spread to the lymph glands and the bones in my leg!!! I lost my hair, gained a LOT of weight on 5 years of cancer drugs...
Mousse, the point I am making, tell your friend there is a light at the end of the tunnel... I have been working as a diving instructor for the last 3 years, and am, alhamdulillah, in the best of health!!!
I just have a yearly check now, and after a small 'hiccup' with a malignant melanoma, have no need to visit a hospital!!!
Give my very best wishes to your friend.... tell her to stay positive, and my prayers are with her!!!

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OneLoveOnePeople
Member # 9667

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for OneLoveOnePeople     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The poem was beautiful...it brought tears to my eyes...God bless you for being a good friend, and God bless your friend, she is in my prayers...
Posts: 100 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreignluvr
Member # 5854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreignluvr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Samia:
quote:

I had breast cancer 8 years ago... I had to have surgery, radiotherapy, chemotherapy, as it had spread to the lymph glands and the bones in my leg!!! I lost my hair, gained a LOT of weight on 5 years of cancer drugs...
Mousse, the point I am making, tell your friend there is a light at the end of the tunnel... I have been working as a diving instructor for the last 3 years, and am, alhamdulillah, in the best of health!!!
I just have a yearly check now, and after a small 'hiccup' with a malignant melanoma, have no need to visit a hospital!!!
Give my very best wishes to your friend.... tell her to stay positive, and my prayers are with her!!!

Samia,
You may not even realize it but you just did a wonderful thing by telling people about your
battle with cancer. You have offered hope to someone that may really need that right now!!!
And you are obviously living proof that the battle of cancer can be won!!!
BTW, good luck with your move back to your home
country. I am sure God/Allah will continue to bless you with whatever you decide to do with
the rest of your life..

Posts: 895 | From: Atlanta, GA. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the good wishes, SinDee!! I put my faith and my destiny in the hands of Allah.... it worked before, and I am sure it will work again!! He will give me guidance and help me make the right decisions about my future!!
And, of course, if my post gives even a little hope to one person, I consider myself a very lucky person for maybe being able to help in a small way!

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheWesternDebt2Islaam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Elhamduliha samia....

Is "cure" an insensitve word to use....

i thought that when people were told they had cancer, that was the end, and they will die soon:(

im really happy and curious to read all this....

thanks..

--------------------
--
here...
[url=http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0955020700/qid%3D1133898517/026-7853042-0414807= Recommended...![/url]

Posts: 2457 | From: U | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Cancer Survival Rates:

Survival rates for things like breast cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, are over 80%. Survival rates for many cancers have increased over the past 30 years.

http://rex.nci.nih.gov/NCI_Pub_Interface/raterisk/rates28.html

Merima
Member # 9658

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Merima     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MousseT, thank you so much for sharing with us. This poem is so beautiful and touching,... and so damn true! You made my day. Thank you so much :-)

My best wishes for you and your friend :-)

Posts: 173 | From: Germany | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MousseT
Member # 9226

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MousseT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ~Sharon Stone~:
I loved the poem. [Smile] In fact I am going to post it further and include it in my emails. Thanks MousseT!!!
============
p.s. Who is the original author?

Hi Sharon!
Unfortunately I don't know who the author is. I posted it exactly how I received it.

To all the others: thanks for your beautiful words and your wishes for my friend Alba and for our friendship. This is something that will never end, especially having undergone something so important together.
She is quite well now and went back to work since couple of months more or less. Her husband brought her to Andalusia during these X-mas holiday, as they hadn't had a single day of holiday for over one year. When she was back she was very happy. I hope that she will be able to have a child now, as she has always desired. Doctors said she has only like 20% possibilities now but I always tell her that she must be positive.... but also be prepared that this could not happened. This is life after all, so hard and so unfair sometimes. Not always you get what you want or even what you deserve, we have to be prepared to face it!

For Ki$$heaven: yes dear, cancer can be cured [Smile] ! With some types of cancer (example: breast or ovarian or uterus) chances of surviving are pretty high, for some others like lungs and stomach unfortunately pretty low... It is a hard task which is employing researchers from all over the world, the final solution is difficult and fight not over yet! But with research and MONEY to support this we will win against the monster. It is important that each of us should support, in the way which is adequate to any on us, the research against cancer. But you know Kiss.... the most important weapon to fight cancer is ourself and our lust for life. A big inner strength and the love for this earth can help a lot!

Ciao!

Posts: 285 | From: Milano, Italy | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ' Sharon Stone '     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks MousseT. [Smile] I loved this poem a lot. I really think that every woman should have it.

This poem you posted is the answer and solutuon to many problems that women endure in their life around the world.

I am planning actally to write it down on a nice station paper and give it to a precious person for her birthday.

Posts: 989 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never say, all women are the same.

--------------------
No papa! No mama! No whisky soda!

Posts: 3903 | From: The Moon | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com